Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I think this conversation is all for naught as the odds are the Sox sign Castellanos.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I mean, that is true to some extent.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
You could switch that up, but Kopech will still be on an innings limit next year and starting his season in the majors will likely cost you down the stretch. IMO, it’s ideal to ramp him up slowly in the minors, recoup that extra year of control, and let him go somewhat unrestricted June forward.
-
Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...
Yup, he’d be ideal, no idea if the Rockies would even consider moving him.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Kopech would be starting the year in AAA is my guess.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Ok, I can see your point on the pitching issue. It would be hard to build a rotation given those considerations.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I mostly agree, but given we would get a comp pick back I’d be willing to give up Lopez + lesser prospects.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Lol...so true.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Betts to White Sox confirmed.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I think trades for one-year controlled superstars are the hardest to value. He could provide significant surplus value next year alone despite a high salary, but most teams don’t like the idea of paying up for only one year of value. That being said, the acquiring team would also get a comp pick if he leaves, so that too must get reflected in the price. Usually it ends up being a trade that both sides feel uncomfortable with.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
For which side? Us I assume?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Fuck it, at this point I say just do it, but I’d have to keep Dunning and replace him with a lesser prospect. May not be enough but I’m not giving up both Lopez & Dunning for a one year rental.
-
Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...
If we’re making a trade, I’d go after Gray or Marquez with the Rockies.
-
Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...
FYI...Walker is a free agent. I worry we go out and use of few trade assets for Gonzalez.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
Lol...we should call you Parkman Jr with all your pessimism. The Sox didn’t sign Grandal and then offer 5/$125M to Wheeler only to turn around and sign no one. I’d happily take your money if there was an actual way to collect my winnings.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I will guarantee we either sign one of Ryu, Bumgarner, or Keuchel or we trade for a starter and then sign Castellanos. We will definitely sign at least one back end guy like Wood or Gonzalez too.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
He’s more believable after ripping the Fake Steve Chiskek account.
-
Brewers nearing deal to acquire Narvaez
? That’s why I was telling you ?♂️
-
Brewers nearing deal to acquire Narvaez
It just did
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Exactly.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
That really sucks...thanks for sharing Jimmy.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I just said they are a consideration, but I think these guys focus on gross dollars more often than not, especially when tax rates can change. Also, there is pressure from the union to take the largest gross offer.
-
Brewers nearing deal to acquire Narvaez
You honesty didn’t remember us trading Narvaez for Colome?
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I think taxes are a consideration in these things, but I think you guys are giving these guys too much credit. More often than not they’re making their decisions on gross dollars IMO.
-
Brewers nearing deal to acquire Narvaez
Can you please stop?