Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
His family thinks it’s true? Do you mean like his extended family? Where are you hearing this Jimmy? Twitter?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
The one big difference is Ozuna walks at a decent clip, but agree on the rest. This just all depends on price for me.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
What the fuck?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I honestly hope we sign him just so you have to cheer him on while he’s wearing that crooked hat.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
You don’t even know the terms yet? I think most people here sleep on how good Ozuna’s batted ball profile is, which is legit elite. Look at his Statcast numbers from last year. Holy fuck!?! Just sucks his defense is questionable and arm may never return to form.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Depends on the price, but I do love the potential of his bat, especially with Menchiano as our hitting coach.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I got to work from home the two years before I moved to Nashville and let’s just say that during the Winter Meetings those were unproductive days. This year is really going to suck with real action likely to take place and a ton of work to do before actual time off.
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
There are so many pitchers that can fit the second starter spit that there’s zero reason to go beyond your valuation of a guy. I mean, we can probably get Gio Gonzalez for like 1/$7M and he’ll likely be worth 2 wins next year.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Exactly, he becomes movable at that price point. Castellanos I would go a little higher.
-
Rick Hahn on The Score @10am
What’s being said?
-
Rick Hahn on The Score @10am
Anyone listening to this?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
At something like 3/$45M I might take a shot.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
?
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I think he can definitely help us become a bigger playoff threat given what he’d be replacing; but he’s also not a huge postseason factor IMO and it wouldn’t take much fall off for him to become an Ivan Nova type pitcher. At least Ryu is a high impact pitcher when he does pitch. To be honest, I’d rather have either guy than MadBum assuming he’s getting $100M. At least Keuchel is suited for the park pretty well and should command a far more reasonable price. None of these guys are perfect options which suck.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
I too would rather have Ryu simply for the upside. Keuchel is a useful pitcher and a huge upgrade over what he’d be replacing, but no someone I want starting an important playoff game.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
FWIW, Merkin also predicted Keuchel to the Sox on that random podcast.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
Part of me wishes Stone would just shut up and not talk so much on social media. I get he can’t blast the org for not going for Cole or Strasburg, but he could certainly not justify their actions and try hyping more affordable guys like he did in that MadBum tweet.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
No, I actually wanted Wheeler at $125M and so did the White Sox, Steve Stone did not. But I’m sure their mouth piece would bag on the guy they decided should be the highest paid player in franchise history.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
He’s not their mouthpiece.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
Ignore my previous post.
-
FA SP: What to do after the Wheeler miss?
What’s the Jeter connection?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
While I’m not supportive of trading Stiever for Pederson, it’s very possible Joc outperforms Calhoun by 2 to 3 wins next year.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
He’s most definitely said it multiple times that Kopech will likely start the year in the minors. And honesty, just read a Merkin article and he’ll specifically say that we have three starters (Giolito, Lopez, & Cease) locked in for OD with Kopech coming back at some point during the season. It’s very obvious what’s he’s getting at there.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
I mean, honestly as this point I could see Vaughn being used a trade chip for a starter, which theoretically would open 1B / DH for Castellanos post 2020 if he doesn’t show enough with the glove next year.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Yeah, it’s not the bat I’m worried about, just gotta hope the defense keeps progressing I guess.