Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Pomeranz to San Diego
Kind of reminds when the Yankees signed Andrew Miller (almost same exact contract) coming off one elite season and that deal worked out really well for them.
-
Burr DFA'd
It’s really bizarre.
-
Dylan Bundy on the Move
Getting that extra year is absolutely the right strategy. Have him spend two months in AAA slowly building up innings and getting that rust off and let him be an x-factor in the second half.
-
Pomeranz to San Diego
Aren’t you happy? I thought you were a Padres fan now?
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
It’s always quiet right before the Sox strike!
-
Dylan Bundy on the Move
Got to be a reason they opened up two roster spots.
-
Kyle Gibson to Texas
They did very well in this price range with Lynn & Minor, wouldn’t be surprise to see this signing work out for them.
-
Dylan Bundy on the Move
As Nova’s replacement? I mean, as long as the price is reasonable and we still add Wheeler I don’t see why it would be that bad.
-
Dylan Bundy on the Move
He could be the Nova replacement theoretically.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Whoops, overlooked that. Doesn’t look like he was very good out there.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Can he actually play RF? His defensive metrics in LF look rough.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I don’t see how he fits long-term.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
While that’s true, I just think there is such a major fall-off after Wheeler. Ryu would be an interesting fall-back but for whatever reason I don’t see him being realistic. And while I like Bumgarner, his ceiling is much lower either of the two above mentioned guys and his fly ball rate scares me in our park.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
They did, but I think they mix it up here and give Merkin a scoop. Just my wild speculation.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
You need to have a drink or something to calm those nerves my friend. There’s no reason to worry just yet. They cleared those roster spots for a reason.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I also think if something comes out today, Merkin will be the one to break the news.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I’m talking Central time.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
All the pre Thanksgiving news is coming out right now, hopefully we hear something in the next hour or so.
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
More than I would have expected, but same deal as Lynn and that one worked out well for them.
-
Pomeranz to San Diego
POmeranz to the Padres.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
11am is when Grandal was announced, no reason to panic yet.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
Lol...no we wouldn’t. The Astros would love to get rid of Reddick and would basically take nothing and eat some salary.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
His BB rate dropped to 6.5% last year, which is 1.5 points below his career rate. He’s posted two straight years of OBP’s around .320. His power is pretty bad for a corner OF. His defense is now average to slightly below. I’d much rather give Calhoun $8M than go with Reddick. Hell, I’d rather go with Souza. Signing a 33 year old with a one win ceiling makes no sense to me.
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
How in the world is he a better hitter than Joc Pederson?
-
Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.
No, he’s a one win player who’s going to be 33 years old. He is definitely not “pretty good”.