Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I think they will probably trade for one unless they can convince themselves Castellanos can be serviceable in RF.
  2. Just trying to stir up some discussion, but does the Grandal deal plus Abreu’s extension make a Vaughn for Mookie trade more likely? Realistically, part of the allure of Grandal was you could DH him when he’s not catching to keep him fresh. With Abreu around for the next three seasons and Vaughn a realistic option to be ready for OD 2021, things are going to get crowded quickly. And that doesn’t even account for Collins or Sheets who could still be something. I personally don’t like the idea of trading a top 25 prospect for a one year guy who seems determined to test free agency, but as we all know the Sox did explore something similar previously with Machado. And if they were going to be bold two years ago when the rebuild had a ton of uncertainty, it’s hard to completely rule out them doing something this now when the core is finally take shape and close to being to ready to compete.
  3. OMG, stop with the storylines, Puig isn’t happening no matter how badly you want it to.
  4. He’s certainly no Benintendi...
  5. If you weren’t a blatant troll I’d call this post an abomination.
  6. No there won’t be, but it’s storyline you will continue to push until we actually sign a RF. I mean, there was nothing in that article mentioning Puig and you still felt compelled to bring him up. I’m not trying to be dick, but you are obsessed with the dude my man.
  7. Gotcha, so you’re just making up a Sox to Puig rumor.
  8. I hate when people hype up overpaying Jose Abreu as proof the “money will be spent”.
  9. Oh I 100% agree. I’m still hopeful we do the right things like land Wheeler, but this Abreu has me a little spooked. And Puig would most definitely fit in that category.
  10. Comparing two contracts and ignoring 8% of the total commitment of one of them seems pretty disingenuous. Not sure why the timing of those matter, but if you’re going down that path present them in NPV instead of just discounting the deferrals to zero.
  11. Trust me, I wanted him back for 2020 and maybe the protection angle helps. At this point it is what it is, just got to hope this doesn’t slow the rest of our offseason done.
  12. Honestly, I’m far more annoyed by your ridiculous defense of the deal than by the deal itself. Saying there really is no risk is just plain dumb. We are talking about a poor fielding, 33 year old 1B who is currently about 15% better than a league average hitter. Refusing to acknowledge the very real possibility that he’s replacement level or worse by 2022 while eating up potentially 10% of our total payroll space is one of the most insane arguments I have ever seen on this site. You’re obviously a smart guy, but it’s hard to take you seriously at times when you will literally defend anything & everything this organization does.
  13. But he got 3/$50M ?‍♂️
  14. Personally, I think it might make Yoán more inclined to sign an extension and in that case it’s probably worth the cost (assuming it happens).
  15. Jesus fucking Christ, the $4M in deferrals aren’t worth zero so please stop presenting it that way.
  16. The luxury tax is simply their payroll ceiling and they were handcuffed because of all the dead weight on their books. That logic applies to all teams, the difference is our payroll ceiling is much lower so any dead weight will have a far greater impacts on us.
  17. What I’m saying is if Jose falls off a cliff we have a massive hole at DH and $14M less to fill it. If we’re forced to play him despite underperformance, that’s an even bigger problem.
  18. I’m not suggesting he will be worthless either, but given his age and recent performance it doesn’t that take that much fall-off in order for him to be replacement level. Again, I’m not up in arms about this because I can appreciate rewarding a good soldier to a certain extent, but I truly feel extending him through 2021 at $36M total would have done just that. Going three years guaranteed just seems over the top to me and reflects way too emotional decision making.
  19. Perfect summary raBBit!
  20. How do we have one less roster spot to fill though? Also, I know $14M seems trivial right now, but look at how a guy like Brandon Morrow hand-cuffed the Cubs. At some point we’ll have far less financial flexibility and every dollar will count.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.