Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Omar Vizquel will not return to managing in white sox system in 2020
So do they bump Jirschele up to AA after this? The only real complication I see is Zaleski is kind of paired up with him (which I like) and would they move actually Dotson somewhere else?
-
Grandal - Early Off-Season Speculation
Man would it be nice for an early Grandal signing to really set the tone for this offseason.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
I’m just thinking $100M is the magical number that gets him to sign early.
-
"Would you like to play a game?" Offseason Edition
I say yes to all.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
That may not be to February.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Just do 5/$100M so both he and our front office can brag about a nine figure contract.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
100% agree, but there should a few other teams like the Twins trying to execute a similar strategy.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Either is a nightmare.
-
What about Collins?
To me, it lends credence to the three headed DH/C monster with Grandal, McCann, & Collins. Mercedes can serve as a backup plan to Collins in AAA.
-
FS: 40-Man Roster Decisions, Eligibility and The Rule 5 Draft Implications
Sanchez is getting non-tendered. Palka goes as soon as we add an OF / DH. It’s very possible that they outright Zavala now if we were to able to land Grandal. Any other future spots will come from four the pitchers you named above. It’s pretty cut & dry to be honest.
-
Omar Vizquel will not return to managing in white sox system in 2020
It was definitely an issue, but the platooning was a bigger problem. Sheets & Rutherford were on the bench quite a bit when lefties were on the mound. Honestly, it might be a reason they decided not to promote Walker to AA.
-
Omar Vizquel will not return to managing in white sox system in 2020
I mean, he managed like he was trying to win and not actually develop our prospects. If that’s the reason for the change, then I applaud them for doing something that may not look great at face value.
-
Omar Vizquel will not return to managing in white sox system in 2020
I don’t understand what Getz is implying as the reason for the parting of ways. Why would we want to part ways if he was great at everything? I wonder if they did not like certain aspects of his coaching (like desire to platoon actual prospects) or if he possibly asked for a promotion to AAA.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Nothing personal, but I would hate this trade. Tauchman may be a decent player, but the jury is still out on him and Statcast believes he overachieved last year. Plus he’s almost 29. And to get him and a guy who is redundant with Collins, we have to weaken the pitching staff, waste some of our financial flexibility, and improve the chances of the Yankees getting Cole. Just doesn’t make any sense to me.
-
A Realistic Offseason
We still shouldn’t help the Yankees get him.
-
A Realistic Offseason
The money will be spent!
-
White Sox Offseason Rumors
I’d say that’s a good starting point, but also the forfeiture of international bonus pool and suspensions and/or bannings. They really have to make an example of these guys.
-
White Sox Offseason Rumors
Why wouldn’t you just suspend the players? Other forms of cheating warrant suspension, why would this be any different?
-
White Sox Offseason Rumors
The Mets gave up Kelenic + other prospects and took on a huge chunk of Cano’s salary to get a really good reliever. I think it’s fair to think anything is on the table with them.
-
White Sox Offseason Rumors
What? Lopez is a 2 win starter with tons of untapped potential and four years of team control. Plenty of teams would have interest in him. To say a worthless player like Reddick who is under control for only one more season is the best we could get (even with some pay subsidy) is quite frankly a stupid take.
-
Would you trade for Mookie Betts, and what would you trade
It really depends on the pieces and if the Sox are prepared to actually offer him a fair contract when the time comes. I am not trading our depth pieces if we only plan to make a half ass offer to him. Also, giving away Bummer would be counterproductive to adding Mookie, given the urgency it places on 2020. All that being said, I’m still skeptical the Red Sox would go for this as I think they’d want one bigger name prospect to sell the fanbase on the trade.
-
Will Madrigal be ready for 2020 opening day?
Stop trolling.
-
What about Collins?
This is a complete fantasy scenario and if we’re going down such path why not just add a competent RF?
-
Would you trade for Mookie Betts, and what would you trade
There is zero reason that $150M should be a problem. I think we could probably that payroll right now given all the TV deal money (both national & local) we now have in place.
-
Would you trade for Mookie Betts, and what would you trade
That’s like someone going to the casino on payday, hitting up the roulette table, placing all their money on red 36, and then saying “I sure enjoyed those thirty seconds” after it comes up black 11. I am one of the biggest fans of being bold, but trading a top 25 prospect for Mookie without being able to secure an extension is simply reckless. There are so many ways to build a playoff caliber team by 2020/2021, we don’t need to go all in on this one guy. If the Red Sox are willing to take lesser prices, then I’d be far more willing to roll the dice. I just don’t think that ends up happening.