Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Come on man, you are much better than this. There are a hell of a lot of options between going all in on Mookie in 2020 and only signing guys like Calhoun & Dickerson.
  2. I would be enraged if they started the season with Leury as the starting RF.
  3. Moncada had a 37% K rate in his first 27 games...
  4. I’d 100% be ok with this assuming we miss on Grandal.
  5. I had him for RF in my latest predictions and threw out Collins, Stiever, & Walker as a potential package. Some might think that’s high, but seems like what it might take without a top 100 prospect.
  6. Ok gotcha, I didn’t know if you were referring to Kopech as a mini Thor or something like that.
  7. Thor’s piece? My understanding was the Sox wanted all three of Moncada, Kopech, & Devers but eventually settled Basabe & Diaz instead of the latter.
  8. I still think the Grandal/McCann/Collins DH/C trio is the way to go. Yasmani is effective against both righties (career 119 wRC+) & lefties (114 wRC+) and can pretty much play everyday between the two spots. McCann has a career 117 wRC+ against LHP and can be the primary backup catcher. Collins was league average against RHP last year (and probably much better if you exclude his initial stint) and I fully expect him to be fairly effective in that capacity next year (primarily at DH) if given a chance. I really think that trio could be very productive. Obviously it would be nice to have an insurance policy in the event Collins bombs, but at least you’d have Sheets & Mercedes (assuming he’s not selected in the Rule 5) in AAA to provide some depth. And honestly, acquiring a solid platoon bat shouldn’t be difficult or expensive mid-season.
  9. Not saying I think they should, but I just have a feeling they don’t want to rely on him next year.
  10. I think they use him as a trade chip.
  11. And where does Robert fit in this marvelous plan?
  12. Your obsession with Reddick is bizarre.
  13. Sanchez is getting non-tendered and the last thing in the world the Red Sox would right now is an overpaid utility player. I get your Mr Optimism and this board could certainly use some of that, but your post was straight up ridiculous.
  14. Wow, two ruptures and then a botched surgery. What a disaster that pick has turned out to be.
  15. Nothing has actually happened...
  16. Citing Balta’s ridiculously pessimistic opinions as proof of the rebuild failing may be an all-time low for Soxtalk.
  17. That Rogers tweet was an all-time classic.
  18. Doesn’t seem like his arm will play in RF.
  19. I don’t think Dickerson is a viable RF.
  20. I just don’t see the point of adding two multi-year starters unless the terms of the second guy are just incredibly team favorable. The idea that you can never have too much pitching is true, but you can certainty commit too much of your resources to your pitching staff.
  21. What does it really change though? One of the most pitching needy teams added a pitcher. It’s not like some team like the Marlins got him and fucked up the whole supply/demand equation here.
  22. Where you hearing this?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.