Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
A Realistic Offseason
The Cubs aren’t giving Castellanos $100M.
-
A Realistic Offseason
100% agree. The plan should be to sign Wheeler (or theoretically Cole/Strasburg) to a multi-year deal and then add another cheaper starter on a one year deal like Wood or Gonzalez. That gives you an opening day rotation of Giolito, Wheeler, Cease, Wood, & Lopez. Kopech comes up after he recovers that lost year of service time and replaces the weak man in the rotation. Rodon serves as a wild card this year and is used in the bullpen if necessary. Come 2021 him, Lopez, Dunning, & Lambert compete for the 5th starter spot. That makes Stiever very much expendable IMO and I think he goes in a trade for a RF this offseason.
-
A Realistic Offseason
In what semse?
-
A Realistic Offseason
Yeah, pretty much.
-
A Realistic Offseason
Rendon in the bag!!
-
A Realistic Offseason
How do you know agents aren’t telling him this?
-
A Realistic Offseason
Zero chance Calhoun ends up with a AAV in the $15M range.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Not really, but I think we'd just go to 5/$100M and give him the seven figure number he'd be looking for.
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
Sounds like Wheeler or better to me! Not sure anyone else outside of him and the big three will get $90M+, although I guess it’s possible that Donaldson or more likely Bumgarner could.
-
Cole or Strasburg?
But you were talking about the Yankees? ?♂️
-
Cole or Strasburg?
Lol...why do you constantly think fanbases of playoff teams are going to jump ship because their offseason additions aren’t sexy enough?
-
Cole or Strasburg?
I don’t follow at all what you’re talking about here. What did the Cubs do with Quintana that has anything to do with “shot” players in reinjecting a bunch a new talent?
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
He keeps offering up rumors and it seems he had something with Joc. But WSD did question his previous rumor about Ryu and I remain skeptical in what he says. Whateve, I’ll happily take a rumor from any semi-credible source at this time of year.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Wheeler yes, Odorizzi no...but what the fuck does this Kinander kid really know?
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
I re-read it and you’re probably right.
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
That makes sense to me given the lack of quality options on the market. Just hope they don’t plan on trading for pitching because Reinsdorf won’t go the distance on years.
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
I will also say this means goodbye to Stiever, Walker, and possibly Collins as those are the three I see most likely to be moved.
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
This is hinting at trades, which outside of RF I’m struggling to understand when we have a ton of financial flexibility and minimal prospect depth
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
100% agree. You fine a way to make the fit work.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
We got hope Jerry is embarrassed, because I still think it was him who cost us Machado.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
Marcus Semien.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
They’ve actually regressed on the international side, which is the frustrating / scary part.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
Instead of hiring a guy from one of the elite organizations, the Sox hired a very green dude from the Royals. The Getz here was ridiculous at the time and I don’t see why that doesn’t fall on Hahn.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
If the original post was only on wins & losses that would be one thing, but functions that are critical to a rebuild have yet to show much progress. Yes, for the draft it could still be early to evaluate the returns on recent strategic changes, but the first few drafts under Hostetler haven’t reaped a lot of rewards. Player development is still very much a mess based on both results and what we’re hearing about the modernness of the function. And our LatAm program is now basically non-existent. The plan was to “build waves of talent” per Hahn, but as soon as the core guys are up (acquired by trading our best players, drafting in the top 5, or spending $50M) the system will very much be bottom 10 and likely bottom five. The failure to supplement around the core pieces is a major issue even if you want to ignore the struggles during Hahn’s first four years as GM.
-
Rick Hahn's Resume as GM
Said poster expressed optimism that Rick could take us to the next level due to his "intelligence" and I summarized the track record of the organization under Hahn's watch to serve as a counterpoint. What in the fucking world is bizarre about that? Are all smart people automatically good at their jobs? His track record suggests that's not the case, which is the point I was trying to make. I get you work in baseball in some capacity (minor league team?) and apparently know far more about how major league front offices work than the rest of us, so please enlighten on what Hahn is not responsible for in the OP? Is he not responsible for shaping the strategic direction of the organization with Jerry & KW? Is he not one of the most essential voices when it comes to free agents & trades? Does he not have direct oversight of the player development and scouting functions? No one said he's the only one responsible for our mess over the last years, but he's certainly one of the primary players and should no doubt be held accountable for our recent struggles.