Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Why is a new CBA a threat? I can only see good things coming out of it for a DH type.
  2. Based on all of Hahn’s recent comments, here’s what I’m thinking they do: Wheeler - 5/$105M Grandal - 4/$72M Abreu - 2/$28M Gonzalez - 1/$7M Smoak - 1/$5M Collins, Stiever, & Walker for Haniger Rutherford & Flores for Mychel Givens Here’s how the roster would look: Robert, CF Moncada, 3B# Haniger, RF Grandal, C# Jimenez, LF Abreu, 1B Smoak, DH* Anderson, SS Madrigal, 2B Bench: Mendick, Engel, Garcia#, McCann Giolito Wheeler Cease Lopez Gonzalez* Kopech Rodon* Bullpen: Colome, Bummer*, Givens, Herrera, Fry*, Marshall, Cordero, Hamilton That’s a legit playoff caliber team IMO and payroll should be around $130M which is more than doable.
  3. I feel the same exact way, although a very small part of me feels like the Sox will make a run at one of the big three. Definitely not banking on that though.
  4. No doubt, but even feeling used by Boras gets me excited for some reason.
  5. I can’t help but want to be optimistic, even after the betrayal which was last offseason.
  6. I know I shouldn’t let this happen, but comments like this make believe some real shit is going to happen.
  7. I'd do around 5/$110M if need be.
  8. Hahn’s comment on “trades” got me thinking that we’ll be targeting a cost controlled reliever instead of looking at more expensive options in free agency. I could definitely see us looking to move someone like Blake Rutherford for a pre-arb or early arb reliever. Do any rebuilding teams have a cheap, controllable bullpen arm of interest?
  9. I was wondering the same thing.
  10. ThIs level of coordinating cheating should have unprecedented consequences. I’m talking a loss of draft picks / LatAm bonus pool dollars, significant player suspensions, and possibly even lifetime bans for the coach & GM or whoever the ringmaster ultimately was. The integrity of the game is at a stake and the Astros need to be made an example of.
  11. Yup, that was pretty much the plan last year. Now they will look to add impact players AND plus holes with stopgaps.
  12. Lol...he legit says they’d like to add core guys in that very tweet. It’s not even remotely realistic to expect long-term additions at every spot. There will need be some placeholders and that’s a good thing unless you enjoyed watching the black holes sprinkled throughout our roster last year.
  13. Awesome write-up Jimmy! If the big two are off the market, Wheeler is without question the next best option and I hope they prioritize him over the bigger name in Bumgarner.
  14. Rodon should compete with Lopez, Dunning, & Lambert for the 5th starter spot. Honestly, if Lopez or Dunning steps up, we might be best off just using Rodon as a reliever in 2021. He might be lethal in that role a la Andrew Miller.
  15. Well that seems like a dumb plan with that many people involved.
  16. The real question is how did they think they’d get away with this? Did they really expect the whole team to stay quiet even after guys started leaving?
  17. Define what “massive contract” you see Wheeler getting.
  18. Castellanos old?
  19. I’m certain they plan to be aggressive and I’m optimistic that everyone after the big three should be attainable despite Jerry’s limited risk tolerance. That being said, you just never with this guy and last offseason was an example of that. They said they were serious and ultimately made a large but half-assed offer for Machado. This year they simply need to get shit done...the time for excuses is over.
  20. I’ve actually liked what Hahn has been saying today, but I would have avoided commenting on Jerry as wanting to win is meaningless if he’s only willing to offer free agents 80% of what other teams are.
  21. Sure, what’s the terms?
  22. I mean, MLBTR has him getting $6M and Fangraphs didn’t rank him amongst the top 50 free agents. Gun to head, I’d put him at like $7M and that extra $8M is substantial enough for a decent back of the rotation starter or bullpen piece.
  23. Sure, if you’re willing to pay them the most money.
  24. This is 100% right way to approach it. You can never have too much pitching.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.