Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tnetennba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tnetennba

  1. Dude, you're over here calling White Sox fans biased, on a White Sox message board, while failing to see your own deep bias towards your own prospects. We are all entitled to our opinions, but you are coming off as extremely arrogant while showing your own biased ignorance.
  2. Appreciate the insight. I do sometimes forget that a number of minor leaguers lost a whole season of development during Covid and that was a huge monkey wrench in their development timelines.
  3. Ah. Makes sense.
  4. Isn’t there concern that Montgomery ends up at 3rd as well?
  5. The dearth of quality LH OF talent in the system probably makes his age less of an issue? IDK. I don’t realize Kjerstad was nearly 25. It makes me question why these guys aren’t already playing in the bigs honestly, but I guess it’s what an abundance of talent looks like with limited spots to play. Not something we Sox fans are overly familiar with.
  6. He does. I’m not worried about remaining control, I’m just looking at how an older prospect fits with where the Sox roster is now and in the future. He could be past 30 by the time the Sox are decent again, that takes the shine off any previous rankings for me. Again, that’s not a knock on the player as much as it is a future roster building concern.
  7. Rankings don’t have permanence, and it’s not like Ortiz is top 10-15. We are talking top 50 last year, and will be almost certainly lower the next time around. Rankings also don’t give a prospect concrete universal value the way he’s arguing. A soon to be 26 y/o prospect doesn’t move the needle for a White Sox team so very far away from being good. That’s not to say he doesn’t still have value, he’s highly ranked for a reason. He just doesn’t carry the same appeal for us. It’s less an attack on Ortiz as it is a statement of where the White Sox are.
  8. Bingo. His age vs where this roster is makes him incompatible.
  9. They seem to fail or refuse to acknowledge that Ortiz’s value to a team like the White Sox is vastly different than to a team closer to contention. Top 50 prospect status is nice and all, but it means jacks s%*# to a rebuilding team when the prospect is already 25 going on 26 and has failed to crack the 26 man roster.
  10. Would we have it any other way?
  11. Your O’s have a young stud legit 3B they’re willing to trade for pitching? No? Still not willing to part with legit prospects? Yeah, their options aren’t dwindling at all…
  12. Looks like Baltimore’s options are the ones dwindling now.
  13. Incorrect. That's simply an error on my part. Its cute though that you're speaking to my motivations when you haven't a clue. In a vacuum, Ortiz has top 50 value, but I'm looking at him in context of building the Sox roster of the future. As the headliner, he's a non-starter, as a 2nd or 3rd piece, he becomes more interesting. I just don't think he's a valuable enough piece to headline a Cease deal.
  14. Age and tools matter when searching for foundational pieces. Ortiz is not that to me.
  15. And? I'm not overly enamored with the Yank's system. But a 26 y/o headliner is a non-starter for me no matter the ranking.
  16. Trading Sewald sure was a head scratcher, and Muñoz sure as hell didn't take up the mantle. Would have been nice to have an experienced closer down the stretch. Dumping Geno and Kelenic is just icing on the s%*# filled cake. Cutting costs is one thing, but seriously, WTF are we doing here?
  17. Which is understandable. But thinking he could headline a Cease trade certainly is not.
  18. I looked at his splits and he played all over. What would you rank as his best defensive position?
  19. Oh no, I wasn't expecting him to. If Seby is on the roster, then Garver makes much more sense as the primary DH.
  20. I forgot about Seby. I read that they expected Garver to be the primary backup when he signed, so I was basing it on that. I really have no idea how Seby will factor in.
  21. Nobody wants Baltimore's veteran castoffs. If they actually had value, they would have been traded for pitching already.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.