Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lip Man 1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lip Man 1

  1. They'll claim they have no more money to spend. ?
  2. It was the collision with Harris in Cleveland on a short pop fly to right field that caused the initial injury.
  3. February 7, 2005 - After one of the more acrimonious disputes in team history, four-time All-Star Magglio Ordonez signed a free agent deal with Detroit. Ordonez engaged Sox management in a war of words over how he was treated, the contract offered to him and his health status. Magglio’s agent, Scott Boras, refused to turn over medical information, which infuriated G.M. Kenny Williams and basically sealed Ordonez’s fate. Then manager Ozzie Guillen publicly called out Ordonez in no uncertain terms as well over the contract situation. Considering the severity of his knee injury, which required a secret trip to Austria for experimental surgery, it was hard to blame the Sox for their stance. Ordonez, who was almost traded to the Red Sox at the winter meetings in 2003 for Nomar Garciaparra, played with the team for six full seasons and parts of two others with 187 home runs and 702 RBI’s. In his full seasons he never hit less than .282 and in five of those years he was over .300.
  4. I'd be surprised if the White Sox said word one. They will say because the matter is being investigated they can't say anything.
  5. Even if that were to happen JR wouldn't sell because of the financial tax hit.
  6. I can only tell you that is what I was hearing from sources in my "State of the Sox" story. It was from individuals who would know about such things. I found it hard to believe but I trust the people I spoke with.
  7. "Window of contention...Talk to me after the parade..." - ?
  8. Jim Margalus from Sox machine takes a closer look at this situation; https://soxmachine.com/2023/02/white-sox-confirm-jason-benettis-return-then-drain-the-excitement/
  9. You are exactly correct. And without going into details because ethically I can't let's just say from what I was told some of the individuals involved on the White Sox side had family interests with the Guaranteed Rate Company. It appeared to be a conflict of interest and JR (again according to my sources) was never told the specifics.
  10. After the parade!
  11. All I can tell you is I heard this same refrain from multiple people.
  12. Unfortunately hope is not a strategy nor does it usually mean success.
  13. https://www.wsiforumstoo.com/74118-the-state-of-the-sox I spoke with six sources for the story all connected in a professional way to the franchise
  14. The Sox have his rights from what I was told for this year and next season and that's it without an extension. And I'm guessing you are right...I'd be very surprised if he is still around after 2024.
  15. Remember the motto of this ownership, "Fiscal responsibility is more important than winning."
  16. About his recent negotiations. Those of you who read my "State of the Sox" story on all the dysfunction in the organization can get a sense of what Jason is hinting at in the story: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/2/2/23583012/jason-benetti-white-sox-contract-nbc-sports-chicago-brooks-boyer-fox-steve-stone-chip-caray-braves?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=020223 Afternoon Edition&utm_content=020223 Afternoon Edition+CID_b2a1383eb6d24e9532734119ee0fa88a&utm_source=campaign monitor&utm_term=on the talks that led to him returning for 2023
  17. What do you expect? The organization is a mess and when individual players do well they aren't recognized. Have seen the early schedules for national TV broadcasts from Fox, ESPN and MLB Network. No Sox games...none.
  18. Believe me you should be. The comments from those who know are incredible.
  19. Only if they stay healthy and that's a big if based on the last several seasons.
  20. From what I've seen he wants a two year deal worth 30 million.
  21. Even if they wanted to sign him they aren't going to spend 30 million. Seems pretty clear JR has set a self imposed hard cap and they are at it.
  22. The results make "complaining" very easy to do don't they? Give me reasons not to call out the ineptness, dysfunction and incompetence and I'll be happy to comply. If you read my story "State of the Sox" you'd realize how bad things are in this organization. This from a half dozen sources connected to it.
  23. Has been announced... the Sox open in Houston at 6:05 central time.
  24. More flotsam and jetsam.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.