Everything posted by Timmy U
-
05/29/2022 - Cubs @ White Sox
Sox minor league infield depth is mostly at 2b. Yolbert is pretty much exclusively a 2b (where he is ++ as a defender). I think his arm is short for the position. Lenyn Sosa pretty much always played ss when he was paired with Sanchez, but now he's rotating between 3 infield positions and may end up at 3b. Can handle short, though. Jose Rodriguez (who is hitting again) can also play all 3 infield positions, but it appears his best position is 2b. Obviously, Colson Montgomery is nowhere near the majors. The jury is out on him as a ss. Romy Gonzalez can play the position, but he has been nailed to the bench in Charlotte. If TA has to miss major time, my money is on plenty of Leury/Mendick/Harrison. Bleah.
-
05/29/2022 - Cubs @ White Sox
Well, that sucks. Without TA, this is a 90 loss team.
-
10 Steps to Save the Season
I don't expect them to do anything significant at this point. I think we have to stop pretending they're in the middle of some fictitious "window." That was PR to sell the rebuild. In their last 122 games, they are 62-60. That is not a juggernaut. The cost of the improvements necessary for them to right the ship, even in this weak division, will not ultimately justify going all in for 2022. I am still haunted by the team's denial that they were contenders in 2016, which led them to make the Shields trade. I am terrified they're gonna trade what few assets they have in the minors for a series of one and two year band-aids that are not much different from the Shields, Yonder, Alonso, AJ Pollock, Josh Harrison, Craig Kimbrel, Joe Kelly, Adam Eaton, John Jay etc etc etc that they have acquired over the past few years. I say, they should unload the dead weight on this roster like Harrison and try to get something at the deadline for Pollock, Kelly, and Graveman (if the first two rebound). I think you also have to listen on Giolito. He's not signing an extension and the Sox aren't giving him $250 million. I'd also listen on Lynn and almost anyone else not name Robert, Anderson, Vaughn, or Kopech. This team had flaws in its construction that need to be addressed. Look at the Padres. They rethought their team, got a real manger in there and jumped up significantly. The Sox can do that, but it's unrealistic to believe that's going to happen in 2022. I'd shift focus to 2023 and beyond.
-
Do the White Sox Make the Playoffs?
Someone had to do it.
-
5/28 - Cubs @ Sox
Harrison is apparently not being DFA’d. Instead he’s hitting second suddenly.
-
Vera pitching Update: Vera to Kanny
I am going down to catch a game in Kanny near the end of June, maybe he’ll be there by then.
-
Kinda tired of the revisionist history on this site as people complain
A thread complaining about all the threads that complain too much. Most Soxtalk thing ever! Seriously, RH hyped a “championship window” then built a team that is .500 over its last 120 games while also being nearly unwatchable. He deserves criticism even if all of us were as stupid as he is, which we weren’t. Frankly, complaining about them is the only joy most of us get out of watching this dull and listless team. Please do not begrudge us our simple pleasures.
-
Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT
The lack of pitching depth in their entire system is a huge concern, especially when you consider how unlikely it is that they pay any of Giolito, Kopech, or Cease.
-
Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT
Fixed it for you.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
Timmy!
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
2 in a row! They are on fire with RISP
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
13 IP 0R 7H 4bb between our 2 starters today. 1 run of support.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
1-11 wRISP now. I truly hate this edition of the team.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
1-9 wRISP, 0-3 in getting the sac fly. Pretty amazing, actually.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
This team is amazing wRISP. Worst I can remember.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
Severino is definitely getting calls Kopech is not.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
That reason? Sins I committed in a previous life. Cuz clearly watching him hit is some level of hell. That said, still has a higher OPS than Leury.
-
5/22 Games
Colas can really hit line drives to left field. That's gonna make him fairly dangerous.
-
5/22 GT - Sox @ NYY (Double Header)
Sox offense coming out on fire.
-
5/22 Games
Terrell Tatum is really swinging it lately. He's not old for the level. Could he be a pleasant surprise as a 16th rounder? I've got to imagine that with COVID there are going to be a lot of surprises/disappointments for every team in the last couple of drafts.
-
5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes
Everybody have a good day, I gotta get on with my life.
-
5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes
I live in NYC. Should have scheduled the game for 10 am. It's gonna be hot, and I have to go to an outdoor wedding. Pray for me. And for anyone who thinks they could have played last night... the city is still drying out. We have gotten a lot of rain this week. I'm sure the field was unplayable.
-
5/20 Games
Jose Rodriguez's best position is 2b as well, and Ramos has played some over there. 2b is NOT the hardest spot to fill. Except for the White Sox who have struggled filling it since Iguchi? Ray Durham?
-
Knights fire Wes Helms
I am pretty sure you can promote Sosa without hiring Ozzie, but I appreciate the ambition.
-
Flurry of Roster Moves
I was kidding in another thread by quoting Jim Mora, but seriously, what indication is there that this is a playoff team? Blind faith? They've been .500 since last July in a sample size > 100 games. This is beginning to look like who they are. To me, baseball's a lot like hockey: Don't tell me who your 5 best players are, tell me the 5 worst guys who get a lot of playing time. Half the Sox roster won't be in MLB 2 years from now. They're 29th in runs scored and can't defend. Their starting pitching has been good, but they can't strike out 27 guys a night. Cease ducking the Yankees is fine. It'll help him in arbitration after they finish 82-80.