Timmy U
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Everything posted by Timmy U
-
8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT
why the frick is he still pitching???????
-
8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT
Gotta come get him now, right?
-
8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT
He was 1-2, 0-2 on the first two guys. He nibbled himself to death.
-
8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT
Cleveland up 2-0 on Jose Ramirez bomb. Could be 8 games after today.
-
2021-22 Free Agents
To be clear: That's a 5 game series to cap off an 11-game road trip. I don't think Cleveland is going to suddenly become world-beaters after dominating a swoon Angels team and Texas, but the memory of last year's collapse there is still fresh.
-
8/26 Games
No one mentioned the 2 homers for Rutherford. The annual drive to retain the spot on the 40 man begins!
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Specifically, I was suggesting he pinch hit for Seby.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Sox win! Man, I'd love one game where they don't scare the hell out of me.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Hey, they got Semien out!
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Eloy!
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Thank the Lord!
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Hernandez is saving their bacon right now.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
He smoked it, nothing more he can do. Man, Hernandez and TA both made outs on balls hit 100 mph
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
LaRussa has managed this game like he has managed most of this season: Like it doesn't matter whether they win or not. It's August and he's managing it like it's a spring training game.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Well, that was predictable.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
You gotta pinch hit here, right? With Moncada?
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Compare and contrast how hard the Sox outs have been compared to the Blue Jays non-Semien hits in this game. I think the baseball Gods want us to lose.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Answered my own question. I believe they have allowed 18 base runners and gotten 18 outs in the series. That's a .500 OBP. Which obviously is not getting the job done.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Goddamn it! This team is impossible to watch.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
What is the Blue Jays OBP against the Sox pen in the series? Feels like they’re hitting .500
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
I don’t think such a thing exists.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
I bet they keep Zavala and drop a pitcher.
-
8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT
Clearly they are going to limit starter innings moving forward, so they're keeping Wright. I think they'll flip that for the playoff roster. 12 pitchers max is my guess. I hate watching them back into the playoffs, personally. Even if it's not predictive for playoff success, watching the last two and a half months has been a drag. I have TA's dead legs and I'm not even playing.
-
September Call Ups
The old rules would have really benefited the Sox this year. I can see them using 32 spots this year. Crick has pitched very well in CLT, I just don’t see them using a roster spot on a guy who is leaving after the season.
-
What would TA's pro fate have been if Tatis hadn't been traded?
Sox were developing him at 3rd. They never thought he’d play ss. Who knows? I do believe that an OF of Eloy, Robert, and Tatis would work, tho.