Everything posted by Timmy U
-
The Andrew Vaughn LF Thread
Alex Gordon was MUCH faster than Vaughn. Probably 50 speed vs. 30 speed. Gordon is one of the best defensive leftfielders of all time. A poor man’s Alex Gordon might be a gold glover. Vaughn needs to be a rich man’s Kyle Schwarber.
-
GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT
Wow. Leury is healthy. I’m pleasantly surprised.
-
GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT
Me too. It just sounds like he’s hurt. Otherwise, he’d be playing 3rd.
-
GT 7/3 White Sox @ Detroit Keuchel v. Skubal 3:10 PM CT
Facing a lefty with 3 switch hitters unavailable but not on the IL. I predict: 1. Anderson, ss 2. Hamilton, cf 3. Abreu, 1b 4. Vaughn, lf 5. Goodwin, rf 6. Burger, 3b 7. Sheets, dh 8. Mendick, 2b 9. Collins, c. Although it could be Eaton instead of either Goodwin or Sheets. Not a lot of options for TLR.
-
Adolfo Trade Ideas
Sox don’t need to decide on Adolfo until end of next Spring training (unless they want the spot on the 40 man). Sure, deal him if you can get anything, but the guy hasn’t played much in the last few years. I could see them playing it out and seeing what the have. That said, Cespedes has similar skills in a different looking package, so Adolfo’s not crucial either way.
-
Eaton: why is he needed anymore?
I don’t dispute that the other guys are not good defenders, but is Eaton? He was years ago. Has not looked particularly good this year. I say, play the hot hand.
-
Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*
National media is so lazy. They don't know any players, so they grab the most famous name.
-
Adam Engel Back to the IL - Hamstring
Good news. Getting the band back together.
-
RICK HAHN MEETING WITH REPORTERS AT 2:30
Seems to be Burger/Yermin explainer.
-
RICK HAHN MEETING WITH REPORTERS AT 2:30
Wait. This might be good news about a rehab assignment for Eloy.
-
RICK HAHN MEETING WITH REPORTERS AT 2:30
I bet this is to salute Jake Burger. It’s good PR for the team.
- Jake Burger 4 DH!
- Jake Burger 4 DH!
-
All-time Soxtalk Whipping Boy
But is there such a thing as "too much flak for Nick Swisher?"
-
6/30 Games
Also, maybe they want him to play with Eloy next week.
-
GT 6/29 Twins @ White Sox
Goodwin is not a good cf. Never has been. He’s sort of a tweener. That’s why his career had been meh.
-
Robert cleared to increase baseball activities; could have rehab assignment in 4 wks
I saw that. Insane.
-
Robert cleared to increase baseball activities; could have rehab assignment in 4 wks
Even worse in Portland.
- GT 6/27 G1: Mariners @ SOX
- 6/20 | Sox @ Astros | 1:10PM CT
- 6/20 | Sox @ Astros | 1:10PM CT
-
6/19 Games
I would be fine with that. I don’t want them to trade Ramos or Rodriguez who may end up 1 and 2 on their prospect list by the end of the year.
-
6/19 Games
Bilous 5.0 0R 0H 0bb 9k.
-
6-19 GT: Sox @ Astros (6:15pm)
True. Moncada and Abreu slumping lately. Eloy would be a nice addition, but gotta be patient.
-
6-19 GT: Sox @ Astros (6:15pm)
Losing half your starting lineup has a tendency to do that.