Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Cleveland about to blow it up?
They are going to trade someone to the Padres for 5 guys. Inexplicably, whoever they trade will immediately either suck or get hurt and they will not be worse off. Seems like the story every year about this time.
- GT 7/10: SOX @ BAL, 3:05
- GT 7/10: SOX @ BAL, 3:05
-
7/9 Games
Ramos walked in an epic 12 pitch at bat. Kid looks like he might be something.
-
7/9 Games
Me too. Although it looks like there may be some decent hitters in the AZL line up already.
-
7/9 Games
Home Run for the Yerminator! He's back?
-
7/9 Games
Gladney homer too. 6-1 Kanny.
- 7/9 Games
-
2021 MLB Draft Thread
I hope Law is right, but McDaniel knows his stuff. Muncy seems like a slight reach at 22. I am not on Petty, but what do I know?
-
Should Rodon be shut down for an extended period to preserve him for the postseason?
I think the Sox have built in a few days for Rodon throughout the year. Maybe they should find more places to spot start Kopech in the second half. Trouble with that is that with the complete implosion of Marshall, Foster, and Heuer, Kopech is too valuable in the pen. would also like to limit Keuchel’s load for contract reasons.
-
Trade Deadline Thread
I agree with Sox on 35th: Frazier scares me. Much prefer Escobar or stand pat re: 2b
-
Engel back, Eaton DFA
He's still got a chance, if he can stay healthy. There's at least a month before Robert will be ready and Engel is going to get the lion's share of the CF at bats. If he does well there, he can get plenty of ab's in the corners given the offensive and/or defensive liabilities of Vaughn/Goodwin/Sheets/Lamb etc. I'll be interested to see how he does. When he's been healthy, he has looked very good.
-
ELOY back Monday against KC
Fair enough. In a short series, I would rather have bullpen depth than lineup depth, but that’s just my take. I honestly believe 5 years of Crochet > 1.5 years of Gallo.
-
ELOY back Monday against KC
Sure. Personally, I am not trading Kopech or Crochet. Wouldn’t even occur to me. Too valuable in the pen this year, too valuable in the rotation moving forward.
-
ELOY back Monday against KC
That is something the Sox lack, although I support a Gallo for Lambert and Stiever deal. Hell, I would even throw in ReyLo.
-
Minor League Catch-All 2021
Ugh. That sucks. Guy’s been through a lot.
-
ELOY back Monday against KC
If Eloy, Robert, and Grandal all come back, Engel/Goodwin/? plays RF and hits 8th. I think they can mix and match well enough to get production from the 8 hole.
-
ELOY back Monday against KC
Woo hoo! LaMantha is back! Less than three weeks away from updating the banner!
-
Trade Deadline Thread
So what your saying is he'd fit right in.
-
Engel back, Eaton DFA
Check out TLR’s comments when Eaton came off the IL. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20210702/sports/210709837/
-
"sticky substances"
Absolutely. Imagine if 8 games into the season, the NFL announced they were changing the football. That’s what this is like. I think they had a plan and changed it after a couple of articles came out in the Athletic.
-
"sticky substances"
The crack down is not giving MLB what they wanted. Sure, runs are up, but it’s mostly walks and home runs. Still plenty of strikeouts. It’s like 3 pointers, HR’s are do much more valuable than everything else, the Fernando Tatis Jr. approach is the only one that makes sense. A bunch of singles just leads to a bunch of LOB. Also, HBP, and WPs are up. I bet next year they allow an approved substance.
-
Eaton: why is he needed anymore?
I predict Burger goes back down when Engel is ready.
-
The Andrew Vaughn LF Thread
The Sox are not trading the #3 pick of the 2019 draft for a middle reliever. You trade Vaughn, you better get back a TOR starter/first division regular with at least 3 years of control.
-
Giolito has thoughts about Donaldsons comments
Gio is awesome. Very funny and cool in that interview.