Everything posted by Timmy U
-
White Sox @ A's 4/17/2026
This is what losing baseball looks like. 2-12 w/RISP early. 8 LOB through 4. Shaky bullpen in a hitters park. Recipe for disaster.
-
4/17 Games
Boston Smith (acquired for Mead) hit his 3rd HR in 2 games since he was promoted to high-A.
-
4/17 Games
Looooong HR for Wolkow. W-S can hit.
-
4/17 Games
Colby Shelton looks extremely hitterish. 1-2 with a bullet single and a 103 mph fly out against the centerfield wall. I’m not convinced he’s a small sample size fluke. He definitely bears watching.
-
Fire Chris Getz
I have been pretty patient with Getz. I’m not sure I can watch much more of this garbage.
-
Rays @ White Sox 1:10 pm 4/16/26 Gamethread
Good God. This team is easy to hate.
-
Rays @ White Sox, 6:40 PM, Antonacci Debut
Meidroth has struggled as much as anyone. Antonacci is a threat to take his job.
-
4/14 Games
It’s a tough profile for a third rounder: R/R pop up guy who transferred in from a small school. I did not like what I saw from him last year. Of course, Shelton was horrible post-draft. It’s 10 games, so not much of a sample, but so far encouraged by mid rounders Davis, Shelton, DePino, Brown, and Banks. 2025 class off to a good start. Lotta time before we know much about the HS guys.
-
4/14 Games
After going 0-5 he has been absolutely en fuego. He does have a track record of success in the SEC. Any way this team could play 9 second basemen?
-
4/12 Sox @ Royals 1:10PM - no longer in delay
Also, they'd dump Nikhazy before Cannon. Not that I ever want to see Cannon pitch again.
-
Schultz gets the call, Antonacci up too!
I bet Antonacci moves around. Meidroth and Vargas are both slumping. Wherever they put him will probably be an improvement. Excited to see Schultz. He is who I picked to be the first of the Big 3 to be called up.
-
Duncan Davitt Recalled
Sox are doing the "smart" thing and holding back their better players until they grab the extra year/delay arbitration. I mean, on merit, you'd bring up Schultz and Antonacci right now. But the Sox would never do that cuz money. So we get Harris and Davitt. Then magically around April 18th, Schultz will have matured enough to be ready for the bigs. It is so tough even casually rooting for a team that does not give a single crap about winning. That's why Getz wouldn't talk about W-L in the offseason. He knew they'd be sandbagging at least the first month of the season, if not more. I hope the labor unrest ends this stuff because it is depressing.
-
4/7 Games
https://www.mlb.com/milb/scores/all/all/whitesox?affiliateId=mlbcom-milb https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=04/07/2026 W-S with a day game. Currently leading 3-1. Everyone else under the lights.
-
Austin Hays to IL
Murray can play OF. I guess he'll be in the line up every day against lefties.
-
Austin Hays to IL
If you like Tristan Peters, congrats, Sox just added a second one.
-
4/5 Games
His first 3 games were all in left.
-
4/5 Games
A) I was focused on younger guys B) I forgot. But I think of him as a guy who will be up this year and therefore will be off the list soon. These 4 are the next top of the system.
-
4/5 Games
Most important position players imho for the Sox are Bonemer, Carlson, Fauske, and Wolkow. Nice to see all of them doing stuff in the last couple of games.
-
Cause the Tradition is still going .. 4/5 Gamethread 1:10 pm cst
Great win. Caught Blue Jays at the right time just like we caught Milwaukee at the wrong time.
-
Cause the Tradition is still going .. 4/5 Gamethread 1:10 pm cst
Murphys stuff has looked good at times. His results have been horrific. Hoping for the best here.
-
4/5 Games
Charlotte bullpen blows the game. Gilbert couldn’t finish the eighth and then Coffey was horrible.
-
Cause the Tradition is still going .. 4/5 Gamethread 1:10 pm cst
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Hudson is not an mlb player.
-
Cause the Tradition is still going .. 4/5 Gamethread 1:10 pm cst
I would have given Martin one more inning. I am not a Hudson fan, though.
-
Cause the Tradition is still going .. 4/5 Gamethread 1:10 pm cst
Vargas is looking pretty solid over there so far. I was not a fan of the trade, but he’s become an average big league regular, which is a pretty good outcome.
-
4/5 Games
McDougal done 5IP 2H 1R 1ER 4bb 3K walks did not hurt, run was a HR from Luke Adams.