Everything posted by Timmy U
-
5/23 Games
It begs the question “can a guy get to his 60 hit tool, if he has 20 power?” Kind of interesting really.
-
5/23 Games
My comp from before the draft on Madrigal was former Oregon State great Darwin Barney and, sadly, so far he is living up to that. There is still time for him, but he has to change his swing, imho, to be much more than a second division regular ala Barney or Yolmer Sanchez.
-
Part II: The Broadcasting Tandem of Ed Farmer & Darrin Jackson - Love 'em, like 'em, or leave 'em?
I disliked Farmer as a player and he’s a bully and a blowhard as an announcer. I was at the game where Al Cowens charged the mound and I kinda rooted for Cowens. Farmio’s headhunting ruined the guy’s career. But like another poster said, it’s a microcosm of everything wrong with the Sox. Farmer kisses the chairman’s ass, so he has a job for life no matter how much he hates it.
-
Eaton and Frazier are in a feud in 2019...stemming from Drake Laroche
Hey, I'm just happy someone else is just as miserable about the 2016 Sox as I am. The Shields trade that topped the whole thing off is the perfect epitaph to a not-good and not-enjoyable team.
-
Delmonico Optioned (Eloy likely to return Mon)
Wow. Against that lineup? Why bother showing up? Save Jerry the air fare and forfeit. Leury is probably our closer.
-
Palka time
Palka 1-2 with 2 more walks today. Hard to tell if this new patience is real unless you bring him up.
-
Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM
Marisnick has been great so far though.
-
Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM
Fixed it.
-
Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM
I think Tilson deserves a shot to play.
-
Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM
Once Jimenez is back up, who here wants Leury Garcia to become the Sox everyday second baseman? Yolmer does not look like a major league starter.
-
Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM
Or, if Machado sees that, he's going to change his mind, break his contract, and the Sox strategy will finally be vindicated!
-
5/19 Games
What I was saying is that people without a plus fastball always have to prove it. With his track record, if Keuchel were throwing 93, he'd have a contract right now. Pilkington, similarly, is going to have to prove it and keep proving it. May not be fair, but that's the way it is.
- 5/19 Games
-
5/19 Games
Well, that's what happens when a guy doesn't have that plus fastball. Gotta prove it all the time. Look at Dallas Keuchel.
-
5/19 Games
Yeah, for a lefty who has got two breaking balls, I wonder what's the minimum velocity he needs to be decent? Maybe he goes full Corbin and throws his fastball only when he absolutely has too?
-
5/19 Games
Pilkington with 5 K’s in 3 innings. Lefty coming out of the SEC who can get breaking stuff over, going to be hard to gauge what we have there until he gets to AA.
-
5/18 Games
I don’t disagree, but I will point out that for Hansen the sample size is 5 innings, so rebuilding him into what he was in 2017 seems to be a very slow work in progress.
-
Palka time
If Palka has magically become selective at the plate, it’s a different thing. I am sure that when the A’s released Max Muncy, they didn’t expect this. Look at Luke Voit. One of the areas good teams have over the Sox right now is getting production out of AAAA type players. Polka has some talent. Isn’t finding useful players off the scrap heap part of any successful rebuild? Currently, our outfield is Tilson, Cordell, Leury, Delmonico, Jimenez soon, and Alonso at DH. You’re not blocking Lou Gehrig by giving the guy another shot.
-
Rainy Day Poll: Evaluate the Big 3 Trades
I didn’t vote this way, but if you really believe in Giolito’s start to the year with the changes he’s made, you could argue he’s headed to being a number 2 starter. That’s pretty valuable. Hell, Keith Law might pick option two. Bonus: right now those guys are our entire starting rotation. Giolito and ReyLo and pray for rainouts?
-
Toronto (18-25) v. Chicago (20-23) - 5/18/19 - 1:10 PM
Complete game!
-
Hahn On Tatis Jr. Trade
I invite you to a world where Reinsdorf is the one who pushed to acquire a pitcher and that is why neither Hahn nor KW has been fired.
-
And that’s a Pretty in Pink White Sox Winner....
I meant the latter.
-
And that’s a Pretty in Pink White Sox Winner....
Sadly, Giolito doesn’t credit Cooper. He says the changes were the result of work with his childhood pitching coach Ethan Katz, who now works for the Giants. https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/lucas-giolito-strikes-out-eight-in-win-over-blue-jays
-
2019 MLB draft thread
Hawkins was a late-riser, those are always dangerous. Abrams has been in the top 5 of this draft for at least a year.
-
JAMES FRICKIN MCCANN
If he hits .260 the rest of the way and catches like he has been, he will be our best at this position since AJ. Really like how he calls a game etc.