Everything posted by Timmy U
-
MLB Pipelines J2 Top 30
Those last three are middle round type bonuses. Jr signed for $600,000. I think Nunez was like $800,000.
-
Pilkington promoted
And Stivers. That Kanny rotation is too experienced for the level.
-
JAMES FRICKIN MCCANN
Wow. The Sox were sooooo much better last year with Castillo on his suspension. I feel like he doesn't call a good game, he doesn't frame well, and in ur uniform, he has never hit enough to make up for that.
-
Sox @ Jays 5/11 2:07 PM
I loved the McCann signing from the start. Always thought he had more offensive potential than what he showed in Detroit and I liked him behind the plate. My problem with Yonder wasn't the $9 mil, it was that you were helping a division rival take $9 mil of dead money off their books. Real head scratcher. Hopefully he sits plenty so the option doesn't kick in.
-
5/11 Games
This is practically still spring training for him. They're maxing him out at 85 pitches, 80 tonight. He rarely goes 5 innings. What the heck are they thinking? They tried this stuff with Rodon, fat lotta good it did.
-
And That's a White Sox Winner !!
Ha ha. I remember Ralph Garr. Worst defensive outfielder I've ever seen. And remember, I'm a Sox fan. I've seen Dan Pasqua, Daniel Palka, Ivan Calderon, Carlos Lee, Eloy, and, briefly, Carlton Fisk in left field. For a fast guy, Garr was just miserable out there. I'd settle for Tilson being a young John Jay.
-
5/5 Games #CeaseDay
I will say this, though, it is better to dominate in the minors than be kinda good. The only Sox prospect I can remember who was kinda good in the minors and then was a star was Ventura. Even Maggs absolutely dominated AAA in his last year there.
-
5/5 Games #CeaseDay
No kidding that's a homer anywhere else. That ball was absolutely crushed.
-
adam engel or charlie tilson?
Okay, Death. But first, Adam Engel!
-
Fulmer and Ruiz optioned
Ha ha. Minaya has been getting lit at Charlotte. This is just one step up from Rondon. The injuries to Hamilton and Johnson along with Burdi’s very slow TJ progress have been killers.
- MATT KEMP
-
Fulmer and Ruiz optioned
They won’t bring him up cuz they have to give advance notice ala Kopech and Moncada. They are going to want to make it a thing. I bet he will be up in about a month.
-
Fulmer and Ruiz optioned
They should bring up a starter to eat innings post Covey. It won’t be Cease both for baseball and marketing reasons. Can’t be Stephens, he got lit again tonight. I wonder if they would consider Lambert. He has to be added at the end of the year anyway.
-
The Rick Hahn Haters thread, sponsored by Balta1701 and Jack Parkman
Why not both?! Seriously, one big key to rebuilds is drafting. During this tank process, who's the best first rounder they've chosen? Anderson is before the tank. Is it Collins? Meanwhile, Gorman and Kelenic are tearing it up and they'll be in A+ by the all star break. I really believe this entire front office should probably go.
-
UNVERIFIED: Eloy Jimenez Expected to Miss At Least 6 Weeks
Ugh. I really believe Adam Engel has a collection of voodoo dolls which will keep him in the majors until the end of time.
-
Jimenez and Jones hit Injured List
Jones hasn’t looked right at all, starting with the spring. Nice to see Thyago Veira getting a chance. Sox have good reliever depth. In a rebuild year it will be nice to see some guys try to carve out mlb roles.
-
4/27 Games
Looks like somebody wasn’t ready to come back. Let’s keep this stretch in mind when people point to K rate. This is a true aberration.
-
Catching prospects
South side Sox says Troutwine’s defense is below average. https://www.southsidesox.com/2018/10/1/17916438/ninth-round-pick-gunnar-troutwine-proved-to-be-a-great-catch-in-this-years-draft Hard to get excited about college players excelling in Low A. Just read about Gorman dominating the MWL and it made me sad. Sox have to start drafting more HS players.
-
Eloy Jimenez injury
Sometimes I think it’s pathetic that I spend time posting about my favorite team. Imagine wasting your life trolling some random message board for a team you don’t even like? In this case, the punishment is the crime.
-
Ervin Santana has been DFA
Hey, at least we didn't give up Luis Robert to get him.
-
Ervin Santana has been DFA
Very happy. Hope the money is not guaranteed. Paying a portion of the $4 mil isn't bad,wasting all of it, well, cash in the shredder.
-
Argument for Keeping Cease at AAA?
Kopech had mini case of the yips last year. Hopefully, Cease does not face the adversity that Kopech faced.
-
Argument for Keeping Cease at AAA?
They have him behind as far as ramping up innings etc. He didn’t pitch much in the Spring and he has yet to surpass 5 innings. You got to let him work his way into mid season form. Not saying this is the way I would have managed it, but at this point, the earliest I could see him coming up is June 1.
-
Basabe and Burdi to begin rehab at Kannapolis tomorrow
Note the word “almost.”
-
Does Charlie Tilson deserve a shot?
I think Tilson May be a better 4th outfielder option than Engel. Of course, neither will be with the team once Jay arrives.