Everything posted by Timmy U
-
2019 fan engagement poll
I live in NYC and already have tickets to freeze my butt off vs. the Yankees in April. I’ll watch a lot and go to games here and then fly to Chicago a couple of times this summer because I am a masochist. I want to see Cease’s debut. I would fly to Chi to see Lu Bob’s, but he won’t be up this year.
-
3/1 vs Rangers, 2pm
Define “unreasonably.” Cuz it seems reasonable to me.
-
3/1 vs Rangers, 2pm
How is it his fault? He just wrote down what Kenny said.
-
Eloy opening day if he earns it
Huh? In what system of morality is this a distinction?
-
Eloy opening day if he earns it
Ugh. First of all, this idea is just immoral. Second, why would anyone want to watch more Jon Jay if they don’t have to?
-
Dane Dunning: No TJS just yet, rest and monitor
Two guys who can help us feel better, imho, are Rutherford and Gonzalez. Both capable of making a leap.
-
Water carrying from the white sox community
But why blame the people who do show up for not being more?
-
Eloy opening day if he earns it
It is actually 3 weeks.
- Let's talk about player development
- Let's talk about player development
-
2/25 CWS vs. SFG
Castillo is the stealth Manny friend wasting our time and money. Recall how the starters collapsed after he came back from his suspension. Might be coincidence, but seems like everyone threw better when he was gone.
-
2/25 CWS vs. SFG
Left handed starter for Giants, our old friend Derek Holland.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Here’s the one positive thing I will say: ain’t nobody going to want to see Kopech and Cease in a short series. For all the hype on position players, the real ray of hope is pitching.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Good. Something to look forward to, then.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Do the Sox have a single 3 WAR player?
-
Sox signing Ervin Santana (pending physical) to milb deal per WSD
Yeah. No. It was an important contract for them to dump. Look at who gets paid what over there. Almost $9 mil was important too them.
-
Sox signing Ervin Santana (pending physical) to milb deal per WSD
Ramirez and Lindor plus the top 3 of Cleveland’s rotation makes them pretty good. Having someone take Alonso’s bad contract so they didn’t have to trade Kluber was key for them.
-
2/24 Voldemort’s vs. ChiSox, 2 p.m.
Someone needs to give Aderline Rodriguez $300 million.
-
Sox signing Ervin Santana (pending physical) to milb deal per WSD
I see your point, but what future benefit is derived from letting a 36 year old suck up innings for a team that’s going to lose 90+ games? I guess you can argue Coop’s blood pressure or resisting bringing up Cease early, but I want to bring Cease up. From what I saw in AA, he’d be our third best starter right now. Sox used to bring up pitchers from AA all the time and had great success with it. Buerhle never pitched an inning of AAA and neither did Quintana. Sale was in the minors for like 5 minutes. If we have to lose, I would much rather watch young players get better than watch veterans get old.
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Good news from today: Ruiz, Burr, and Viera all looked good. Big games for Moncada, Seby. Bad news: everything else.
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Sox lost at Oakland 6-5
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Especially in their own home park.
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Luis Robert just entered the Oakland game.
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Guyer, meh.
-
2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK
Luis Gonzalez with a nice knock