Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Basabe and Burdi to begin rehab at Kannapolis tomorrow
I think the clock is ticking on promoting the guy you paid $52 million for, though. The contusion is almost a lucky break for Sox decision makers because you can’t have a guy dominate like this and not get promoted for that long. It’s bad for the player and a bad example to others.
-
The Rick Hahn Dynasty
I really like McCann, and both Herrera and Colome have been good. I was against Alonso, but he hasn't been horrible. Nova wasn't that bad until tonight. Jay has been hurt, but I'm not optimistic. Santana has been hot garbage, but he's coming off an injury. I don't think Hahn did well, but garbage picking is garbage picking.
-
04.23.19 Games
You’re right. So far, Madrigal has a career .701 OPS. My apologies. edit: Yolmer’s milb OPS was .724
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
Crazy that they allowed a guy to give up 9 runs in 4 innings without even getting anyone up. How the hell can you keep this staff when the Sox want to be competitive? They don’t compete. Perfect manager/pitching coach to hunt for draft picks. They really gave up 5 runs in exchange for 3 outs. Pathetic.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
This game was winnable, but they left him out there to get pummeled. At a certain point, you do have to compete.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
I will say this, they are stubborn when it comes to taking out a struggling starter. Nova has shown absolutely no sign of getting better as the game has progressed, and yet...
-
04.23.19 Games
The opportunity cost of drafting Madrigal at 4 is way bigger than moving Moncada. You look at Gorman, Kelenic, and Groshans and it kinda makes you sick that we picked him. I was against it from the beginning. He profiles to be Darwin Barney. That is a tough profile at 1-4. He doesn’t even have to bust to not be worthy of that pick. His median outcome is not really better than Yolmer.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
I think Castillo is not great at calling games. I feel way better with McCann back there.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
Jesus, where the heck was Yolmer?
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/23 6:05 CDT (Nova vs. Cashner)
This just doesn’t look like our game. They have gotten all the breaks.
-
Jesse Rogers (Cubs reporter) floats Colome for Montgomery deal
Ha ha. Cubs fantasy trade.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
I was speaking about the beginning of the draft process. In Moniak’s case, all it took was one team, but coming into the year, he was a mid first round type guy and he rose through the process. One reason: Rutherford was old for the draft class. That matters differently to different teams. I would have bet the under on Moniak on the day of the draft, and I would bet it now. Witt has a better track record imho.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
Relatively speaking, Moniak is a disappointment. He wasn’t the consensus top high school hitter that year either. Turns out the consensus knew what they were talking about. Witt Jr has been a must follow in the class for years. Waaaaay better track record than Moniak. Concern is, he is old for his class. 6 months younger, I bet he would be number 1.
-
04.22.19 Games
First day of his rehab assignment
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)
How the hell is anyone going to score? This is like vintage Glavine-sized zone. Biggest I have seen in years.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)
Ah ha. Thanks.
-
Sox @ Orioles Gamethread, 4/22 6:05 CDT (Banuelos vs. Hess)
I feel bad for Eloy. Surprised they brought up Delmonico. I might have given Tilson a shot.
-
Fegan interviews Hostetler on upcoming draft
Also, I think Hahn went to see Bleday fairly early in the college season. You talk certainty of getting something for their money, he has got to be in their mix.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
Yeah, with Jimenez already a bat-only right-handed hitter, Vaughn seems like a pretty one-dimensional pick at 1-3.
-
Luis Robert exited game with "left hand contusion," is day to day
Wasn't it his left thumb that was hurt last year? I'll only be fully relieved once he's back in the lineup.
-
The Anderson Saga (continued from game thread)
I think the solution is simple: make a rule. Clearly define what is and is not acceptable behavior. Then, if, in the judgment of the umpire, a player has acted in an unsportsmanlike manner, they should receive something akin to a technical foul. Maybe they get tossed from the game or fined or something. The other team should not be the arbiter and the punishment should not be a projectile hurled at them. That’s like if, instead of a free throw, in basketball the other team got to whip the ball at a guy. It’s barbaric.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
The thing that is appealing about Bleday is the high floor. He has a long track record of hitting for average. If the power is real, he’s an above average regular, maybe occasional all star. And he has the arm for right. If it’s average power, he’s still probably a major leaguer. Harder to imagine him busting than Bishop. Also, he’s faced better pitching. But, yeah, I would still prefer Witt.
-
4/20 #CeaseDayPt2
Cease walked first two guys of the inning. Both score. God, is Collins bad at framing.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
If they have to go college, I am okay with Lodolo or Manoah or Bleday. Bishop worries me because of track record and left field profile. That said, I would prefer Witt.
-
Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?
Allegedly, he insulted the pitcher, not the ump.