Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy U

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Timmy U

  1. Technically, I believe “weak ass” was intended to be the insult.
  2. Yes, they’re taking his bat and sending it to Cooperstown. Will not effect his ability to hit.
  3. As other posters have said, it is pretty hard to work on taking walks when you’re hitting close to .500 with a 1.400 ops. Every time you walk, you are literally hurting the team. I think he needs to face more experienced pitchers before that skill is needed. Which is not to say he will ever develop it. Look at guys like TA and Avi Garcia. Learning to walk more is not a given.
  4. Timmy U replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I would just like to point out that Engel’s incredible luck continues. He’s hitting a robust .120 but someone else was even worse, so he gets to stay up. At this rate, he’s going to have a 15 year career.
  5. We're complaining about a 20% K-rate now for a guy slugging 1000? What exactly are the standards around here? Joe DiMaggio? I mean, Trout's K-rate is usually around 25%. Is he bad?
  6. Oh, I saw it coming, too. It is just more painful than I imagined.
  7. I thought I couldn’t hate the Santana signing more than I already did. I was wrong.
  8. Yankee announcers are morons. They think Fry was pulled cuz he can't get out righties. Truth is, he was tough on everyone last year. Ricky just overthinks frickin' everything. Also, he doesn't realize Nate is a shell of his former self.
  9. Watching Ricky micro/overmanage is so depressing. Can't wait for the 2 batter rule.
  10. Also, why have him run with one of your best hitters on deck?
  11. I have never seen anything like that in my life. Wtf, Yolmer?
  12. Yolmer has something wrong. Dropping that relay looked exactly like the two botched double plays. It's his hand eye coordination.
  13. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Not sure I would go that far. How about a bigger, stronger, faster Adam Jones?
  14. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Good lord, Spencer Adams is not good and The Knights have made 5 errors so far. 2 throws by Seby.
  15. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Robert hit a triple.
  16. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Just watched Madrigal’s double. Basically a solid single against a huge shift betting he wouldn’t pull the ball.
  17. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Double for Madrigal. First xbh of the year!
  18. Timmy U replied to SoxAce's topic in FutureSox Board
    Exciting. If he ends up hitting like originally projected he would be real valuable even as a part time catcher.
  19. The advantage these days of playing in AAA is they use the same ball as MLB. Players can get used to it for both pitching and hitting. For Sox hitters, obviously, Birmingham is such a bad place to hit you worry it will mess them up. That said, Robert needs games. Skipping levels is beside the point.
  20. Seby can't get here fast enough. Looks like Castillo's Baltimore season was entirely a product of the juice.
  21. Seby can't get here fast enough. Looks like Castillo's Baltimore season was entirely a product of the juice.
  22. Yolmer looks so bad, I'm afraid something might be wrong. It's like the second act of "Pride of the Yankees" or something. Looking this bad after being an average player is disturbing.
  23. This is not the bullpen's fault. Fry threw a tailor-made DP. The first two hits against Burr were ultra cheap, especially Voit's. But if you can't make routine plays, you have no chance.
  24. Why aren't both at fault? Ricky overmanaged the heck out of this game. He made a bunch of moves he didn't have to make and they blew up in his frickin' face.
  25. Man, two lucky hits in a row. Thanks Yolmer.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.