Everything posted by Timmy U
-
8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm
Imagine how competitive they’d be with an mlb bullpen.
-
Tim Anderson leaves game
It’s a shame cuz he’s been playing the best ball of his career, especially on defense. But I think Rondon is a pretty good back up. May be nice to see what he has for a couple days.
-
8/28 Games
Roy Halliday and Cliff Lee both imploded and came back. Past results do not indicate future results, however.
-
Giolito is saving his season
Giolito’s one of my favorites, personality-wise, so I hope this improvement is real. My concern is he may not be athletic enough to remember/repeat his delivery next year. I wonder if his his below average spin rate means the 2 seamer is better than 4 seamer long term?
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
You’re right. I forgot about Burr. Why bring him up if he’s not going to get a chance? The race for third in the AL Central?
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
Dylan Covey has 12 losses? He didn’t even start the year in the majors. Amazing.
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
Minaya is bad, but what choices does Ricky have out there? Beyond Fry, no one has been particularly good. I will be so happy when the purposely bad bullpen days are over.
-
8/27 GT - Rodon vs Tanaka
Seems like it’s built to be more grand and intimidating than enjoyable. Top deck is like watching game from observation deck of Empire State Bldg. Fans are into it though, which is fun. I actually prefer Citi Field. Too bad NL is so boring.
-
8/27 GT - Rodon vs Tanaka
I live in NYC and will be at the game tonight. Hoping Rodon reverses his history vs. Yankees, also home/road splits. Go Sox!
-
8/26 Games
Eloy 3-4, triple, double, single. Sadly, still hasn’t checked the “hit for the cycle” box.
-
The "Gamethread?" Gamethread, Sox @ Detroit
Maybe the best Lucas has looked since spring training. This is the guy I hoped we’d get all year. I will grant you the Tigers are in full tank mode, but good stuff and excellent command.
-
The "Gamethread?" Gamethread, Sox @ Detroit
Well, the competition is Ryan Lemarre, so the bar is low.
-
Race for the worst 2018 record (Top 5 pick) again
Ha ha. This is like 50% of all Sox seasons since I was a kid. They start out awful. Totally lost season. Then, just as you start to take solace in their draft position, they play .500 for the last two months of the season. There's a reason they've only had the #1 pick once. For comparison, Houston had it in back to back years during their rebuild. Of course, if the Sox don't start to even consider high school hitters, it's not going to matter where they pick.
-
8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10
For his sake, I hope so too, but a word of caution: Ever since A-ball, Engel has been a constant cycle of radical wing adjustments, hot streaks, followed by ice cold streak, followed by radical swing adjustments, rinse and repeat. Getting too caught up in a hot streak of his will leave us all disappointed, I fear.
-
8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10
That's like an Ozzie Sunday special.
-
Luis Avilan traded to Phillies for Felix Paulino
I would add Jeanmar Gomez and Charlie Tilson to the list of guys that you could cut. They currently have 11 outfielders on the 40 man. Nobody needs that many.
-
Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)
Hard not to get pumped waiting for his first game. Seems like a great kid.
-
Luis Avilan traded to Phillies for Felix Paulino
Burr > Paulino. Therefore, Avilon < International slot $
-
8/22 White Sox vs Twins 1:10
Also just an ugly lineup. With no Abreu, they really lack a center to their lineup. Thank God they’ll have Eloy next year.
-
8/21 - Sox vs Twins, 7:10, WGN (Kopech Debut)
And they might end up in 2nd and 3rd place in the division. 2018 AL Central may be worst since leagues moved to division format.
-
8/21 - Sox vs Twins, 7:10, WGN (Kopech Debut)
So far nothing hit hard and a .600 BABIP. He has throw a lot of quality strikes, not much luck.
-
Is Luis Gonzalez really this good?
Law really likes Gonzalez compared to Rutherford and Sheets, who he saw on the same trip and did not speak highly of.
-
8/20 Games
He reminds me a little of Ray Durham as an overall offensive player. Although physically and in his left handed swing, there’s a little D’Aza in there.
-
Is Luis Gonzalez really this good?
I think Gohara has off field issues that would make me wary. Look at why the M’s basically gave him away.
-
Kopech called up
What if doing this is one of the reasons he’s good? Experience is not nothing. Most guys need a lot of time to acclimate to the majors.