Everything posted by Timmy U
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
What's the argument here? That Robert is unlikely to ever have a decent trade value, therefore dump him this offseason for a pile of crap? The Sox already have a ton of 45s in their farm system. 3 more will not move the needle at all. Conversely, Robert is probably the most talented position player the Sox have under contract. (You could dream on Wolkow and maybe Bonemer, but otherwise, no one is close). For $55 mil of Jerry's money, I would much rather watch Robert in a Sox uni playing great D and maybe running into a few balls than run Dominic F-ing Fletcher out in cf for 150 games just so we can see exactly how many games this team can lose. If someone offers you a 55 for him, sure, consider it, but otherwise, this is madness.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
No way the Sox were giving him $10 mil for 1 season. Glad to get him out of the division cuz he mostly mudered us. Now the Sox can relax for a few months before lottery gift Walker Jenkins starts murdering them.
-
Soroka to Nationals. 1 year/9 Million
Good risk by Washington. I think Bannister helped him find something with the 4 seam.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
Counterpoint to the Acuna hype: Lenyn Sosa is hitting .392 ..451 .765 with 9 HR in the same league. Maybe the pitching is not great.
-
Sox Sign Bryse Wilson
I don’t hate it. Will not miss Chuckie, though he seems like a good dude.
-
Cody bellinger to yankees
To put it into perspective, Busch was bad enough at 2b that the Dodgers tried Vargas there.
-
Sox Trade Cash to Cubs for Matt Thaiss
Maybe they will release Chuckie, Shewmake, and Julks on the same day just to get it over with all at once.
-
Tucker to Cubs
Weird? Or exactly what you'd expect.
-
The International Signing Thread
I suspect the plan for the International pool money was to keep it in Jerry's pocket.
-
Tucker to Cubs
Imagine losing Bregman and Tucker and then replacing them with what's left of Arenado. Houston's farm is pretty barren too. Cam Smith is instantly their best prospect by far. They really have to go for it this year. The window is closing rapidly.
-
Tucker to Cubs
Soto and Grisham for King, Thorpe, Randy Velasquez, Higashioka, and Jhony Brito. So, 5 guys. Two of them with very little control. Yanks also took a bad contract. Can't say which is more.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I was not aware he was THAT popular.
-
Tucker to Cubs
Cubs did need a superstar to break out of their mediocrity. Right now, Tucker>>>Bellinger. Also, happy to see the Astros take a step back. Trading for Paredes might mean they are out on Bregman.
-
Tucker to Cubs
Cubs might be selling high on Cam Smith? Or maybe they project Shaw as a 3b? Cuz this is a lot to give up for 1 year of Tucker. For their sake, I hope he extends but they have a lot of depth in R/R guys who can play 2b/3b.
-
When the f*** are we getting a new banner?
I believe Cody is now the banner of every Orioles fan site. After all, they are counting on him as their hitting coach and probable 5th starter.
-
Winter Meetings Catch-all
I wonder if this means Gil is not going to Houston for Tucker.
-
Winter Meetings Catch-all
Devin Williams to the Yankees.
-
2024 MiLB Catch All
God, I hope you're right. He looked good at times in W-S last year. He gives you good AB's, plays a better CF than I expected and he's a pretty darned good baserunner. Lest year, he didn't hit into a lot of luck and he seemed to have trouble timing that leg kick. If he can play center flanked by, say, Saucke/McClain and Montgomery, he could shoot back up the rankings in a hurry. Really seems like he wants to be excellent.
-
State of the farm system
My opinion hasn't change since the last thread: The specific players at the top are better, but I won't consider the Sox a top farm system until the prove that their processes of scouting and player development are on a par with the top teams. Look at the Cubs, the Dodgers, the Rays, the Brewers, the Red Sox, etc. They get a lot of value from lower picks that they maximize and they do a good job identifying the right talent with their premium picks. Plus, all of them are active in LatAm. Mike Shirley is showing good signs in his premium picks (with the exception of Jacob Gonzalez) but what they do internationally and the development of players like Bonemer and Wolkow will tell you if the Sox are really poised to have a top system or if the current ranking is an illusion tied to selling off their entire team.
-
Crochet Traded to Boston
How would he by like either of them, let alone both? I could imagine a middling outcome for Braden of a low average hitter with power maybe too many strikeouts, but good defense and an elite throwing arm. Santander with better D? Solar is huge power with no D. Baez was great D with good power and then suddenly he couldn’t hit at all.
-
Crochet Traded to Boston
Love this trade. Teel is a good athlete who could play multiple positions. I am a huge Quero fan and I am not worried about finding at bats for both moving forward. Montgomery is a risk, but that’s the only reason he’s available. The other players both have a decent of being mlb contributors. I can imagine better, I suppose, but it could be much much worse. Let’s see how it turns out.
-
Winter Meetings Catch-all
I believe the roster is at 38, but they can DFA more guys in the morning if they needed to. Lotta dead weight on the 40 man.
-
2025 MLB Draft
BA’s draft makes waaay more sense. I want more upside than Taylor. Dumesnil is either gonna rocket up boards or his stock will collapse. I am intrigued by Willits. Appenzeller is a possibility, but more so to push down to 2-1. I think Gamble is also a possibility. They will be in position to get some good at 10. Let’s hope they do it. 2026 HS class supposed to be very good, so there’s that.
-
Potential Crochet Trade discussion Thread
Crawford is a super risky prospect. High swing rate, rarely walks, tons of groundballs, not a slam dunk to stick in center. I would not be happy if he is the main return for Crochet.
-
Juan Soto to Mets. 15 years/765m
Thank God the Yankees kept Spencer Jones to pick up the slack.