Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 08:42 PM) Javier Uribe. Who?
  2. The crowd is already deflated. I love it.
  3. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 06:00 PM) Jeff Samardzija has no plans to re-sign with the White Sox
  4. QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 05:33 PM) The Cubs would have taken Rodon if the Sox didn't. In fact, he was #1 on both team's boards. Agreed. The Cubs offense would survive without Schwarber, and their rotation would become 10X better with Rodon instead of Hendricks or Hammel.
  5. Is it raining at Wrigley right now? I'm up north and it's been dark and rainy all day.
  6. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 04:53 PM) Boss just told me he couldn't imagine not supporting a team from your city (he's not really a baseball fan). Again, are Yankees fans being held to the same standard right now? Then he shouldn't be talking. People don't know how seriously fans take these rivalries if they don't watch the games.
  7. QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:41 AM) In a win where the Jays pitching yielded 8 runs, I think Jays fans should be cheering for better pitching from their team. Cannot rely on offense every night. Hopefully Dickey has a good knuckler this after noon and helps the Jays even the series. I think the pitching matchup favors the Jays. Whoops.
  8. QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 03:19 PM) Let's be completely and totally honest here. If that C were an indian head, and the sport were Hockey, we would all look like idiots. I wouldn't pay that much for a Blackhawks Stanley Cup game honestly, but I don't particularly like hockey. Hell, I doubt I'd even pay over $1000 for a White Sox World Series game. I just can't justify dropping that much money on a single event when I could watch it for much, much less in the comfort of my own home.
  9. QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 02:56 PM) Saw this posted a couple days ago, things might have changed since then, too lazy to look. Current Cheapest Ticket Prices for WS Home Game 1: BlueJays: $442 Royals: $796 Mets: $902 Cubs: $2575 Good lord, Cubs fans are literally the dumbest people on Earth. Yes, I realize that World Series appearances for their team are rare, but $2500 for one ticket? That's a fortune. Unless someone is insanely rich and don't know what to do with their money, that's crazy.
  10. QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 11:51 AM) Four game winning streaks (or four out of five) have happened before in the history of the universe. Cubs themselves just ripped three in a row off in the DS and four out of five going back to the WC game. I'll feel better about things if the Mets keep their foot on the Cubs throat and pull it off tonight. Normally I'd agree, but I don't see the Cubs winning 4 out of 5 against deGrom, Matz, Harvey, Syndergaard, and then deGrom again. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the Cubs forced a game 6. I think the Mets will either sweep or win in 5.
  11. QUOTE (bjm676 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 11:13 AM) I have a feeling STL will pay up to bring him back. Agreed, especially if the Cubs are interested in him. It would be the worst case scenario for STL if Heyward left and then went to the Cubs too. It's like a slap in the face. I bet they'll fork over the dough for him just so that it'll prevent him from going to the Cubs.
  12. I'm wishing him the best. It sucks to see a young guy have a huge health problem like that, but hopefully he recovers soon.
  13. I'm going to be so happy when the Cubs are eliminated. The bandwagon fans are very annoying.
  14. I'm 99% percent sure that Hendricks/Hammel will be on very short leashes during their starts. The Cubs cannot afford to fall behind any farther in this series, so I expect them to go to their bullpen early and often if need be, especially in the next two games.
  15. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 11:17 PM) The Cubs? I really don't see it. Their bats were really dead in New York. I guess they could come back and win but that's not a championship caliber team. The only way it is one is if their young sluggers start blasting balls out of the park at a rapid pace. After watching some playoff games, I see the Cubs as the weakest team of the four by far. I know we don't value managers on here, but I really believe Madden is the only reason they won 97 games. That's a ton of games. If we had Madden ... wowsie!! He'd have figured a way to win 92 games with our pitching staff! Do you really think that Maddon would have made the Sox 16 games better this past season?
  16. Arrieta is hot garbage tonight.
  17. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 10:56 AM) Soxtalk has lost enough houses lately so I'm not going to go there. Arrieta has looked human his last 2 starts and he'll keep coming back to earth in my opinion. His absurd domination is over I believe. Agreed. I think the huge increase in innings from last season to this one is finally taking its toll on him...I expected that to happen anyway. I didn't see any way how he could pitch 70-80 more innings this year without any decline in his performance.
  18. I really hope the Mets can win tomorrow as that would put a ton of pressure on the Cubs to win all 3 games at Wrigley.
  19. YES!!!! LET'S GO!!!!
  20. YES!!!! This Mets team is so much better than St. Louis.
  21. I sent you a PM, thanks.
  22. QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:14 PM) Updated b/c Im bored on my lunch break: -Offer Samardzija QO and he rejects it -Decline Alexei's option -Resign Matt Albers -Trade Q for Nomar Mazara, Jurickson Profar, and Luis Ortiz -Trade Micah and Avi for Derek Norris -Trade Montas, Adams, Trey, and Hawkins for Frazier, Bailey, and cash -Sign Trevor Cahill to a 1 yr contract CF Eaton RF Mazara 1B Abreu 3B Frazier DH LaRoche/Thompson LF Cabrera C Norris 2B Sanchez/Profar SS Saladino/Profar BE Thompson/LaRoche BE Profar/Saladino/Sanchez BE Flowers BE L Garcia SP Sale SP Rodon SP Johnson SP Danks SP Cahill (Bailey when he gets back) CL Robertson SU Jones SU Duke RP Albers RP Petricka RP Putnam Positives: -Keep all 3 picks in the top 50 this season -Keep Anderson and Fulmer -Flexibility with pitching staff when Bailey returns and Fulmer gets called up -Offense looks much more balanced Negatives: -Pitching staff is obviously weakened, Ventura will need to be creative with it -Profar may not return to have a healthy career -Bullpen looks marginal Why would they trade an established guy in Quintana for prospects just to then trade prospects for a guy like Frazier? I think they'll either go for it again or start rebuilding. Not both.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.