Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
The Sox should go after Plouffe now.
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 09:08 AM) Twins win per Adam Rubin per some scout from Korea. That makes literally no sense.
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
If the Astros get this guy, maybe the Sox could pry Jonathan Singleton away from them. He seems like a good change of scenary candidate.
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:11 AM) I would rule the Cubs out due to Rizzo/Bryant and the Reds due to Votto/Frazier, but I wouldn't say the same about the Reds or Phillies. Also, the Twins have Mauer and Sano, so I don't think they'd be interested. The Phillies and Brewers are "rebuilding", so I doubt that they'd be interested in this guy. That being said, the Sox probably should be rebuilding too but we all know that they won't.
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:08 AM) Phillies, Brewers, Reds, Cubs, White Sox, Twins, and Astros. Is this the current list? I think so, but I'm 99% sure that the Cubs, Brewers, Phillies, and Reds aren't interested in him. That leaves us with: White Sox, Twins, Astros
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
I'll never understand why the Rockies don't get guys like this. Even mediocre guys put up good numbers at Coors, so why don't they try to stack their lineup consistently like the Jays did this year? It literally makes no sense to me.
-
White Sox hire Rick Renteria and Greg Sparks
Bleh. Wasn't this guy the Cubs manager a year or two ago? He's better than Mark Parent by default, but it don't see how he's a huge improvement.
-
Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m
I'm secretly hoping that the Sox get this guy. If anything, it'll get that bum LaRoche out of town.
-
White Sox make qualifying offer to Jeff Samardzija.
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 08:36 PM) I have the vibe that anywhere he goes he's going to pitch better. I don't think it's possible for him to pitch any worse next year than he did in 2015 no matter what team he'll be on.
-
White Sox make qualifying offer to Jeff Samardzija.
Watch him go to the Cubs and have a "2015 Arrieta" like season next year.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 07:33 PM) 100% agree. You only trade Sale if it's for a franchise-altering package. And if Blake Swihart is the best piece you're getting, then it's clearly not that kind of package. 100000000% agree. The same idea applies for Quintana as well. He's not quite as valuable as Sale but he's pretty close.
-
Sale switching Sox?
I just saw the title of the thread and I assumed that this could be a serious deal. Needless to say, I just had a mini heart attack.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 10:35 AM) Shuck is under team control through the '19 season. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/shuckja01.shtml Nice. He's a very solid player.
-
Two poll questions as we enter the offseason
QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 09:01 AM) All those moves taken together - the way Cameron outlined it - aren't enough and would probably be the wrong way to go. I'd rather the Sox do nothing than pile up a bunch of bargain signings like these. Why sign Chris Young instead of just seeing what you have in Trayce, for example? Chris Young isn't gonna put us over the top. To be fair he was only addressing free agency; possible trades were outside the scope. The one I like most is signing a starting pitcher from that tier, I can see that working out really well for the Sox as either deadline trade bait or a piece for a surprise playoff run. I thought that he was referring to Chris Young the pitcher, but I could be wrong.
-
Indians decline Ryan Raburn's option
He did hit .301 with 8 homers last year, albeit a small sample size. I wouldn't mind him platooning with LaRoche.
-
Indians decline Ryan Raburn's option
If nothing else, signing him would mean that he would no longer torture our pitching staff. But seriously, I think he'd be a decent fit as a 4th or 5th outfielder.
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:24 PM) True, but Nieto was with the Sox because they didn't want to give him back to the Nats so they had to keep him up all season in order to retain him. Isn't he in AA now? I liked him when has on the Sox. He showed flashes of being a really solid player.
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:22 PM) I think so too Jimmy. Gonna be fun to see the comments around here if Alexei is brought back. I'd like him here one more year to let Anderson develop more. Anderson would be terrible if he played in the MLB full time next year. He's too raw.
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:17 PM) Alexei isn't worth $10 million. Sound business move. Thanks for a great career, though! I don't necessarily think that he's worth $10 million either, but who would replace him if he was to go elsewhere?
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:09 PM) Yes. I bet any money he is the shortstop next season. Anything less than 1 year 9 mill makes this worth it since we would save money. I'm going to guess 1/6 (7 mill including the buyout). Anything less than $10 million for Alexei is a good deal for the Sox IMO. He gets a lot of crap from people on here, but he's still one of the better overall shortstops in the American League.
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
Who is going to play shortstop now? Could Alexei still return on a cheaper contract?
-
White Sox decline option on Alexei Ramirez
OH MY GOD.
-
Four file for Free Agency
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 12:19 PM) Our infield should be Abreu/Sanchez/Ramirez/FA or trade with Saladino as our utility guy. No Beckham. Yep. Saladino is a better hitter than Beckham and his defense is almost as good. Plus he makes the minimum.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 04:13 PM) The Cubs will likely get one of those pitchers (top five free agent pitchers). Less likely, they might trade one of their good young players (Javier Baez?) in a package for a top starting pitcher. It will be interesting to see if the Chicago White Sox even consider trading Chris Sale, or if the Oakland A's will listen to offers for Sonny Gray. Tim Kurkjian, espn.com I would seriously cry if Baez would be the main prospect going back to the Sox in a Sale or Quintana trade. He has power, but he's essentially Dayan Viciedo 2.0 that plays the infield.
-
2015-2016 NBA Thread
D'Angelo Russell has been confirmed to be dating Kendall Jenner. In other words, his career is over before it even started.