Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
2015 MLB Offseason activity thread
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 06:08 PM) With the Verlander and Cabrera deals, what other choice do they have? 100% agree. Their core is aging rapidly, so they need to win in the next year or 2. Once Miggy/V-Mart/Verlander/Etc decline, they're in trouble. They have no farm system whatsoever.
-
Chris Sale did not finish in the top-3 for AL Cy Young voting
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 12:32 AM) Dellin Betances and Shawn Tolleson were better pitchers in 2015 according to 2 writers....A couple thought Marco Estrada was better..... Holy f***, ban those writers immediately. Some writers believe that ERA means everything, unfortunately.
-
Cy Young Discussion
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 06:28 PM) When Steve Stone explained why he would probably win a few months ago it made sense. If anyone had any sort of bias towards LA, Greinke and Kershaw would likely split the votes. He never gets much credit, but Stone knows what he's talking about when it comes to baseball. I'm surprised he never wanted to be a manager/front office guy.
-
White Sox sign OF Scott Hairston
World Series 2016 here we come! The GOAT (Scott Hairston) will lead us the promise land!
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 06:14 PM) CF Betts SS Bogaerts 1B Abreu LF Cabrera C Swihart RF Garcia DH LaRoche 3B Olt 2B Sanchez Add a Todd Frazier and maybe another OF and this offense is as good as it comes imo. Quintana Rodon Rodriguez Johnson Danks Formidable. Hitters 6-9 in that lineup are automatic outs just about every time.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 05:38 PM) Major blockbuster proposal: SP Chris Sale, CF Adam Eaton, and SS Tim Anderson for SS Xander Bogaerts, CF Mookie Betts, C Blake Swihart, 3B Rafael Devers, and SP Eduardo Rodriguez Who says no? No thanks. I'd probably do it though if Moncada and Owens were included too.
-
Jose Fernandez rumored to be traded
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:37 PM) I don't see how we could get Fernandez without giving up one of those pitchers, at least. I doubt that the Sox would even be interested in him. I'm just thinking hypothetically.
-
Jose Fernandez rumored to be traded
It'd be cool if the Sox traded for him. Sale/Fernandez/Quintana/Rodon/Fulmer would be awesome.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 01:31 PM) Prepare to be disappointed. Like I said, I know it's not realistic to expect it. I'll still root for him no matter what team he's on though.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 12:01 PM) What if the Sox went to Sale after next season and told him they'll rip up the team options for 2018-19 if he signs a 5-year/$100 million contract for 2018-22. Sale gets a nice raise on those option years, $100M of guaranteed money where he had $0 before, and the chance for another contract at age 33. The Sox get three additional seasons from him at below market value. $100M seems low and I have a feeling it wouldn't be enough to get him to sign, but keep in mind that the Sox are taking on a lot more risk from Sale in this scenario; in his current deal, they hold all the cards. A number exists where he'd accept and it'd still be worth it for the Sox. $125? I hope Sale gives the Sox a 'Hometown Discount' after his current deal is up, but I don't see that as being realistic. I'd love it though if he was on the Sox for his entire career.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 11:28 AM) He keeps pitching the way he has been, he certainly won't be with this organization after 2019. Contracts escalate every offseason. He'll get a 7/8 year deal worth at least 30/35 mill a year. That's kind of what I was hinting at. Kershaw would get way more than $215 million in today's market for aces. Hell, Cueto or Zimmermann could get something close to that number this offseason and they're not even close to the talent level as Kershaw/Sale.
-
Sale switching Sox?
Ok, maybe $400 million is a little crazy, but I do think he'd get a deal similar to Kershaw at the very least.
-
Sale switching Sox?
I'd be willing to bet that Sale would get $400+ million if he was on the open market this offseason.
-
Should the White Sox and Atlanta talk trade?
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 06:57 PM) They should be doing what Atlanta is doing to be honest. Imagine how stacked the Sox system would be if they traded Sale, Q, Abreu, Eaton, Rodon, etc.
-
Mark Buehrle to retire?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 10:07 PM) Buehrle actually was great the first half last year and not that bad the second half. I still think Toronto should have had him on the postseason roster. As far as your comment, the board seems to think Danks is not very good and yes I'd trade Q or Rodon for some power if there is any power left in baseball in the non steroid era. I'd prefer two lefties and 3 righties in rotation but I'd be OK with 3 lefties and two righties. Our system seems to be deep in starting pitching. Why is it always all lefthanded? Fulmer, Montas, EJ, Danish, Adams, Beck, etc are all righties. They'll be up soon enough. I honestly don't care if the Sox have 5 lefties, 5 righties, 4 lefties and 1 righty, etc as long as they get guys out and help the team win.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 09:46 PM) If we could do that deal, then great. With how the Dodgers and Red Sox seem to be going for it, I'd honestly love to deal Q for Swihart and Devers, then Sale to the Dodgers for maybe Seager, Verdugo/Pederson, and Carl Crawford? C-Swihart 1B-Abreu 2B-Johnson 3B-Devers SS-Seager OF-Verdugo OF-Eaton OF-Thompson/Crawford?? What about the rotation then? It'd be Rodon, EJ, Fulmer eventually, and who else?
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (spiderman @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:48 PM) There's no possible way the White Sox could ever get true value for Sale. They'd have to find a team that is so stacked at the minor league level that they'd be willing to trade (and probably destroy) their top prospects for him. These top prospects can't be from a team like the current White Sox system; they would have to come from an organization that has 4 or 5 top 50 MLB prospects, and it's hard to argue that the White Sox shouldn't get all of these prospects back. Even if the White Sox were more focused on getting major league talent back, you're still talking 1-2 top young pieces plus minor league talent from that top 50 MLB list. It's just extremely unlikely that the White Sox will be able to find a team willing to move as much as they should seemingly ask for. Absolutely agree, which is why the Astros would trade Springer for him each and every time. It'd be highway robbery if Springer was the only player coming to the Sox in a deal like that.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:21 PM) Your description of Springer is not how the Astros see Springer. Regardless, the Astros have an ace. They don't have another Springer. An Ace is not their missing ingredient. And Aces come available in the open market. There are 2 of them available this year. Players that the Astros think Springer is rarely do. There's a reason for that. We'll have to agree to disagree then. Ask any somewhat knowledgeable baseball fan who they'd rather have on their team and 95% or more of them would say Sale.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:37 PM) They'd lose a lot of their O. I wouldn't do it if I were them. They've got an ace. Q would really solidify their rotation. They need pen help too. Let me ask you this - would you take him straight up for Sale? Not a chance, but the Astros would make that trade 100% of the time. Sale and Keuchel would be a lethal 1-2 combo and that doesn't even include McCullers or McHugh who are both pretty good in their own right. Is it easier to find a young outfielder with potential or a solidfied ace on an extremely team friendly deal? You know the answer to that.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:22 PM) Doubt it. They think he's Trout-like. Or he will be. Another ace could put the Astros over the top. Imagine a rotation of Sale/Keuchel/McCullers/McHugh/Fiers That's a World Series winning rotation right there. They'd be dumb to not move Springer in a 1 for 1 swap like that.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 06:56 PM) I put this article in the same category as Q for Starlin Castro. Silly stuff. The Astros would never give up Springer. They would give him up in a straight up deal for Sale. I can guarantee that.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 04:14 PM) That's bad too. The package starts with Springer. or Altuve.
-
Sale switching Sox?
http://climbingtalshill.com/2015/11/13/hou...-sp-chris-sale/ LMAO at this article and the proposed "return" for Sale.
-
2015 MLB Offseason activity thread
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 10:13 PM) In your opinion? Well it's pretty obvious to everyone. Not according to some people on here... I've seen a few members on this website that think Sale is worth very little. It makes no sense to me.
-
Sale switching Sox?
QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:47 PM) It's always been sky high. I just don't see a team doing it. Now Quintana I could see a team going for. The interesting thing to think about is what could we get if we moved Q and Sale. Trading both of them would turn the farm system for the Sox from one of the worst in baseball to one of the best.