Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike

  1. QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:44 PM) Cubs are 7-0 against the Mets. They should be favored. Both teams are totally different than when they originally met. I think it's a clean slate and whoever wins, wins. It could go either way, but I'm hoping and praying that the Mets can pull this out.
  2. QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:40 PM) You better be right! John Lackey at 36 years old is the Cardinals "ace" right now. The Mets have arguably 4 or 5 starters that are better than Lackey. Hell, Bartolo might be better than him and he's in their bullpen right now. The Cubs pitching staff is going to have to man up ASAP because they won't hit 6 homers and score 8+ runs a game against the Mets pitching staff. They'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 runs a game.
  3. QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:37 PM) I'm hoping they crap themselves against the mets. I'm thinking that they will. The Mets starting pitching is way stronger than the Cardinals depleted rotation at this point and I think the argument could be made that the Mets offense is better too. The Cubs are in trouble.
  4. QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:31 PM) Definitely match up better pitching wise. When the Sox played the Cardinals this year, I didn't think they were much better than the Sox. Agreed. Just for comparisons sake, let's look at the starting pitchers. Sale = Arrieta (I think Sale is better overall, but Arrieta had a better season this year) Quintana > Lester Rodon > Hammel Danks = Hendricks Johnson = Haren Of course their offense is much better but I think the Sox rotation is better.
  5. The White Sox would play the Cubs tougher than St. Louis is right now.
  6. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:00 AM) Matt Spiegel today hinted at the possibility of the White Sox hiring AJ Pierzynski. He said he couldn't really talk about it but said he'd heard rumors. I wonder if they would replace Steve Stone with AJ or just go with AJ/Hawk with Stone. Interesting. I would LOVE this. A.J. is a fan favorite here and he's very knowledgeable about the game itself.
  7. I wonder if Wainwright is stretched out enough to potentially start Game 5 and go 4-5 innings. That would be really nice if he could, but I'm not counting on it.
  8. F you Wacha. Go to hell.
  9. QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 06:41 PM) Arrieta is at like 78 pitches though 5. Not bad. He'll be done after the 7th most likely.
  10. I'm hoping the Cardinals can knock him out after 6 innings. That would be amazing, but getting him out after 7 wouldn't be too bad either.
  11. Arrieta doesn't look good. The Cardinals have to capitalize on this.
  12. Arrieta doesn't look that sharp himself. Cardinals gotta score here.
  13. The Cardinals have to get Arrieta's pitch count up early. It's their only chance to win.
  14. Feel free to delete this thread, mods. I'm sorry for creating this thread too early. I just wanted to have a friendly discussion.
  15. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 11:45 PM) Our season just ended last week...chill man. Get another hobby and come back too this in 3 months. White Sox baseball is my hobby, man. Sorry if you got a problem with that.
  16. Tomorrow is a huge game in this series. I hope Arrieta gets rocked. It would make me so happy. He didn't look all that impressive in his last start, he lucked out several times.
  17. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 10:20 PM) So everyone improves and you're banking on just about the best case scenario from those guys? Pretty much lol. I'm just trying to be optimistic at this point. Like I said, I'll make more in-depth predictions at a later time. I just posted a few off of the top of my head.
  18. Hey guys, In the dark and cold days of the offseason (yes, I know some teams are still playing but the Sox aren't, so it feels like the offseason to me), I figured this would be a nice discussion to pass some time. How do you think the 2016 White Sox will fare next season? Feel free to post predictions for individual players or the team in general. Here are some of mine: Chris Sale - 15-8, 2.59 ERA, 259 K's Jose Quintana - 11-9, 3.28 ERA, 182 K's Carlos Rodon - 13-10, 3.40 ERA, 195 K's Adam Eaton - .292, 200 H, 13 HR, 52 RBI Jose Abreu - .302, 184 H, 33 HR, 105 RBI Adam LaRoche - .253, 143 H, 17 HR, 61 RBI Sox team record - 83-79 I might post some more later, but those are a few off of the top of my head. Thanks for the read.
  19. If the Sox can dump LaRoche and Danks, the Red Sox cover at least 3/4 of Hanley's contract AND they throw in an intriguing prospect, I'd do it. Anything less and I'd say no.
  20. QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 02:29 PM) steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 54m54 minutes ago NO BUEHRLE: Jays add Ryan Tepera to playoff roster to replace the injured Brett Cecil. That's disappointing for sure.
  21. YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Just win 2 more now Cardinals!!!
  22. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:36 PM) Fulmer and Anderson are good picks though regardless of what you're sold or not sold on. How are they good picks? As of right now, they are, but they could flame out and never make the big leagues. *Knock on wood* that it doesn't happen, but they could bust just like every other prospect.
  23. Hanser Alberto is the GOAT.
  24. Lord, I wish that Donaldson was on the Sox so badly.
  25. QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:44 AM) Bradley had a great 1/2 season in AAA and then hit 10 hrs and 43 RBI in 74 games in majors. That would project to 20 and 90 in 150 games. He is already considered an elite OF who Boston is moving to CF next year. I Think if you can get a young catcher and CF for Q and hopefully they throw in a SP prospect, you do it. Agree there is a risk but last year people said the same for Bogaerts who had lesser numbers than Bradley and then exploded this year both at bat and in the field. My gut is Swihart is an untouchable though. Bradley reminds me of Jason Heyward honestly. Both are elite defenders with 15-20 homer power.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.