Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
Where do the Sox sit in the draft at this point?
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:21 PM) 116 pitches in a blowout It was thinking the same thing. It's probably a major reason why he's faded down the stretch. He's been so overused throughout the season and he's probably tired.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
I don't get Flowers pitch selection at all. Earlier in the game, Lindor struck out horribly on a low and inside slider. So what does Flowers call? A fastball right down the middle. Wonderful.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:08 PM) I think that is the toughest one to fill for any team. It's not a glamorous position. In fairness though, Flowers and Soto together have put up more than respectable numbers both offensively and defensively.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:01 PM) That's BS to throw at our pitcher
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:51 PM) He could have thrown a perfect game tonight and I would have said same thing. Looking at mookie's numbers just now on fangraphs just makes me want a mega-deal with Boston even more Hypothetically, who would you want from Boston? Betts, Bogaerts, and someone else?
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:36 PM) Thats how i feel. Sale to the dodgers makes a ton of sense; getting Seager + Barnes at the major league level + Urias and some other prospects would go a long way in helping this franchise. As sad as it would be to see him go, I think it's for the best to trade him as well for a couple reasons. 1. He deserves to be on a playoff team for once 2. The return for him would be franchise changing. 3. The Sox won't win with him here.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:43 PM) Can't assume a double play though It would've been an easy double play if everything happened like normal.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:36 PM) Just a guess but I think that's going to change. The error was made with one out in a 0-0 game. Why would it change? Sanchez booted an easy DP ball that would've gotten him out of the inning.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:25 PM) The Sox need to push Sale a bit in an effort to build his endurance. Sale will never be an October playoff pitcher if he tires out in September. As long as Sale is healthy he should be out there for as many starts as he can make. There's no need for that as long as he's on the Sox.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:19 PM) It would be really nice to get him 200+ innings this year. Even if he's dead for the last 2 starts. Innings mean nothing to me. I just want him to break the Sox strikeout record and then they can shut him down.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:09 PM) Wow Sale sucks right now. Anyone still think he's having a better year than Arrieta or deserves Cy Young consideration If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you're a Cubs fan by the way you post on here. You literally never post anything positive about the Sox, ever.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:08 PM) Everyone is allowed to make an error dude. He's been stellar there all year. It happens. Not like this is a must win game. I know, I just hate that Sale will get a loss for this. He should've been out of this inning without any damage done.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
Carlos Sanchez...f*** YOU
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
The only good thing is that this doesn't hurt his ERA.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
I hate this team so f***ing much.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
I'm calling an Abreu homer right here.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
Thompson reaches second base with no outs, and of course they couldn't get him over and get him in. Typical White Sox baseball right there.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:17 PM) Because if he were in another division those teams wouldn't be seeing him just as much? That makes no sense. Why don't we own every pitcher in our division then if we see them so often? He has a rough ERA against every ALC foe this year sans Cleveland (2.45 ERA), but last year he was fine. Detroit: 2.25 ERA Cleveland: 2.57 ERA Minnesota: 2.95 ERA KC: 2.70 ERA I wouldn't read too much into it. Because the Sox offense is trash haha.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:00 PM) Oh goodie. We get to play Cleveland again. How did baseball owners agree to this asinine unbalanced schedule? The Sox basically compete against four teams: KC, Detroit, Cleveland and Minnie over and over and over. BORING. Yep, and those teams repeatedly destroy Sale because they see him 4-5 times a year each. Sale's ERA would be a full run lower if he was in any other division IMO.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 12:24 PM) I thought we've all agreed that pitcher's wins are a stupid stat? I haven't paid attention to it in years. I'd tend to agree with that, but I'll take a win over a no-decision any day.
-
9/18 at Cleveland Indians
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 10:30 AM) Sox need to lose them all. Except for tonight. I want Sale to get as many wins as possible.
-
Avasail Garcia
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 08:37 AM) If a 16 year old tweeted at me telling me how to become a better teacher, I'd probably block them as well. He's not being sensitive. He doesn't have time to deal with dopes. I think he knows that if he doesn't get much better, it'll be a short career. They are professionals. Which would suck because he has all the talent in the world, but he just hasn't figured it out yet. I'm hoping that he'll make me eat my words and he'll become a star, but that possibility is looking less and less possible each passing day...
-
Rookie Punishment (?)
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:00 PM) Is it just rookies? I can't tell who they all are. Petricka and Webb aren't rookies, and I don't think Sanchez is either.
-
Athletics at White Sox
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:20 PM) Makes sense, but I would disagree he's been worth his contract. Now that Nate is back we should close by committee (gulp) next year and trade him because of his outrageous contract during winter. A contender will want him IMO. I think Montas is the closer of the future personally.