Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
Ironic thing is not pitching tonight might have been in Sale's best interest due to the long delay

True. What interests me is, if he is not traded this weekend, when will his next start be? This bullpen will be taxed after today.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 02:45 AM)
True. What interests me is, if he is not traded this weekend, when will his next start be? This bullpen will be taxed after today.

Suspend him 4 games and let him pitch Thurs at Wrigley vs Lackey in a battle of hotheads

I am not at all knowledgeable about other teams' farm systems. Could someone provide some insight about the Rangers/BoSox/Braves systems and what they might offer for Sale? I'd be interested in top prospects' stats, potential floors/ceilings, ETA, etc...

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:00 AM)
The team was already an embarrassment, just because of their performance on the field. This made it worse, but even a common baseball fan knows that the Sox are run by a bunch of buffoons.

One of the most embarrassing things about the franchise is that their star player has anger issues.

So Sale got into a clubhouse altercation with the uniforms eh. I didn't realize Sale had such fashion sense. Maybe Sale should host a new MLB TV show called, "Say Yes to the Uni".

Time for Sale to trade his knickers in for a fresh pair of big boy pants and stop acting like a toddler.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
One of the most embarrassing things about the franchise is that their star player has anger issues.

Which is also partially the FO's fault.

Had they set the ground rules years ago that this crap isn't allowed, then these conflicts would be avoided. Sale acted in a very immature manner, no doubt, but come on. This should've never happened if there were established rules in place.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Oh gosh...explain

I can explain. If new info comes out or something I'm using for my assumption is wrong then obviously my stance will change but for now this where I stand.

So what I've been seeing is that each staring pitcher for the sox gets to choose what jerseys are worn the day they pitch. Sale told them the '76 jerseys are very uncomfortable and to not wear them when he pitches (exactly the way it's been done to my knowledge).

The Sox then basically said to sale (not in these words but the jist of it is there) we don't care that's it's your choice, we don't care that your uncomfortable, we don't care that you may pitch bad, we really don't care if we lose.

Sale then decided to cut the jerseys up bc he was sick and tired of the sox front office constantly wanting to put PR and jersey sales above winning baseball games.

Now I'm not saying cutting up the jerseys was the best decision or even an ok decision but I'd give Sale a standing ovation for trying to change the f***ing awful culture that exists within the Sox organization that mostly starts in the front office.

The goal is to win baseball games and make the playoffs. If nobody does anything this laid back attitude in the front office is never gonna change.

Thank you Sale for trying to change the losing culture that exists in the Sox organization, maybe do it in a little different way next time though.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Looks like we won't get the follow up on "uniform story is BS"-

whitesoxdave

‏@barstoolWSD

Getting white girl wasted at the cell

What a source!

Lol does this guy have compromising pictures of the source he uses or something? Half his tweets are stupid s*** you would hear from a frat member.