Crosstown Cup Finale Game Thread, Game 4

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
His numbers from the first half of last year to the first half of this year were strikingly similar.

2015 to ASB

GS 17

IP 119

R / ER 39 / 36

SO 157

ERA 2.72

FIP 2.27

2016 to ASB

GS 18

IP 125

R / ER 49 / 47

SO 123

ERA 3.38

FIP 3.71

Very similar in innings pitched - which has been the proported reason for the change in approach. The other numbers are all headed in the wrong direction. If the new approach actually is projecting to assist in his long term health, it's worth it. If the goal is just soley to get him deeper into games, go back to the old methods.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
@twinkietown The Twins are reporting on the scoreboard here that Carlos Beltran has been traded to the Indians...

Interesting for the Indians if true

I haven't seen anything else anywhere. That would be funny if that's how it broke. Way to go scoreboard guy, way to go.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
He doesn't like Saladino but likes TA.

Tim is a top prospect, first round draft pick, three years younger, has a better oWAR and dWAR in less playing time, and a higher OPS in MiLB and MLB. Where's the issue?

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
I haven't seen anything else anywhere. That would be funny if that's how it broke. Way to go scoreboard guy, way to go.

I hacked the scoreboard

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Only the White Sox could take a Hall of Fame pitcher and think "hmm, there's something we have to change here", and instantly turn him into a number 2 starter.

What the hell are you talking about?