Crosstown Cup Finale Game Thread, Game 4

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm out. Bridge on the River Kwai >>> Chris Sale's Mental Midgetry: An Ongoing Series.

Get Urias++ for him and let Dodgers fans debate whether his talent is worth the childishness.

Edited by StrykerSox

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about how the White Sox and Don Cooper decided to emphasise slower fastballs and reduced changeups to try to pitch to contact instead of striking out hitters in an ill-fated plot to get deeper into games and as a result Sale's K/9 has dropped from 11.8 to 8.5 and the best ERA estimator has him jumping from 2.52 last year to 3.59 this year.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)
Oh no Sale is losing to the Cubs trade him now! Lol

Ha, right. I jumped in here to see what the score was. I was thinking we were getting killed by the tone. Nope, 2-1 Cubs in the 3rd, lol.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
I haven't seen anything else anywhere. That would be funny if that's how it broke. Way to go scoreboard guy, way to go.

Iirc the Marlins scoreboard guy broke Muhammed Ali's death as well

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:02 AM)
I'm talking about how the White Sox and Don Cooper decided to emphasise slower fastballs and reduced changeups to try to pitch to contact instead of striking out hitters in an ill-fated plot to get deeper into games and as a result Sale's K/9 has dropped from 11.8 to 8.5 and the best ERA estimator has him jumping from 2.52 last year to 3.59 this year.

I am more interested in the 14 wins

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:03 PM)
Ha, right. I jumped in here to see what the score was. I was thinking we were getting killed by the tone. Nope, 2-1 Cubs in the 3rd, lol.

Lol yah you could tell I'm being sarcastic because I never say something like that

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
Welp looks like another 1 run effort by our offense. At least it's not a shutout ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Our third base coach almost made this a shutout.