2016 Rio Olympics Thread

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
It is crazy how far Missy Franklin has fallen. She should have taken the endorsement money when she had the chance in 2012.

Unfortunate. Would be a great redemption story if she can get things uncorked and aligned and kick butt in 2020. None of this should have been surprising though, she hasn't been the same swimmer since she hurt her back back in 2014.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
Though it seemed like US made some errors, other teams had a lot more falls.

With all due respect, I hardly saw ANY U.S. errors in women's gymnastics. Like I said, Biles finally slipped a nudge on the beam, but personally I thought it was almost flawless. Maybe I wasn't watching close nuff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
http://deadspin.com/the-rio-diving-pool-wh...s-li-1785203864

the diving pool is still green, and divers are complaining of itchy eyes and water that smells like farts

Didn't both pools turn green? What the hell made the diving pool green?

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
Yet again Hope Solo makes an ass of herself. She's among the worst of the worst

CpsNM4pXgAQ9c8W.jpg

What is her problem? Calling the other team 'cowards' seems excessive. To the soccer experts: Is she right though? Was their style of play cowardly and unaggressive?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 12, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
Thats also the style the US mens team plays, as well as almost any undermanned soccer team on the planet you bum

Apparently there are cowards in every World Cup, every Euro, every Copa America, every EPL weekend, every La Liga weekend.

The better team lost, yes. But you gotta step up and beat them , you didn't. It happens .

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Jahvid Best racing against Usain Bolt right now. Pretty cool.

Bolt is unreal. Terrible start out of the blocks. He looks over at the field, speeds up. Looks over again, speeds up. Wins heat. Yikes. No one has a chance against him at full speed.