World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 02:36 AM)
I've actually seen Sox stuff being worn in the loop. Even though the blue is flourishing like crazy, I don't think it means fans are changing their allegiance.

There was some study a few weeks ago based on Facebook that said Cubs have completely taken over a huge portion of the Sox base

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Im sure sox fans will turn into cubs fan after they win tonight.

Who cares what other people do. If the Cubs win, oh well. It was kind of funny that they hadnt won, but it would have been hard to imagine it never happening.

My dad was a Cubs fan when he was a kid, he became a Sox fan because he used to get Sox tickets and I was one. I was watching the game with him for a while tonight and he left while the Cubs were up. I asked him why he wasnt at all excited about the Cubs winning because when he was a kid he was a big Cubs fan. He replied he was a Sox fan now.

I was able to see a Sox win a World Series. The Cubs losing was just kind of a hilarious thing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
There was some study a few weeks ago based on Facebook that said Cubs have completely taken over a huge portion of the Sox base

Okay fathom, but I find your posts to be intelligent and I believe you to be too - do you honestly believe that? I don't. Maybe they are picking up casual and bandwagon fans, but it's pretty hard to say the Sox faithful switched sides.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 03:45 AM)
Okay fathom, but I find your posts to be intelligent and I believe you to be too - do you honestly believe that? I don't. Maybe they are picking up casual and bandwagon fans, but it's pretty hard to say the Sox faithful switched sides.

I absolutely believe the non-diehards have jumped ship. South suburbs used to be primarily Sox fans. That has absolutely changed over the last year, especially certain demographics in my opinion

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
I'll echo that amen. I just hope that we get to see another championship in our lifetime. 11 years can snowball into 30 or 40 pretty quickly.

Very true - let's have some faith though and see what Hahn does and see if the organization treats this as a wakeup call.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
I'm about a mile from Wrigley, thankfully on a quiet street that's usually never busy. No idea what to expect tonight. Hopefully I'll just be able to fall asleep.

I can see Wrigley out my window, so I guess the worst case scenario is I get a fireworks show.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
I absolutely believe the non-diehards have jumped ship. South suburbs used to be primarily Sox fans. That has absolutely changed over the last year, especially certain demographics in my opinion

We will see what happens with attendance and our team going forward. I don't think a Cubs WS win spells the end for our organization but the Sox must have some balls and respond.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Who cares what other people do. If the Cubs win, oh well. It was kind of funny that they hadnt won, but it would have been hard to imagine it never happening.

My dad was a Cubs fan when he was a kid, he became a Sox fan because he used to get Sox tickets and I was one. I was watching the game with him for a while tonight and he left while the Cubs were up. I asked him why he wasnt at all excited about the Cubs winning because when he was a kid he was a big Cubs fan. He replied he was a Sox fan now.

I was able to see a Sox win a World Series. The Cubs losing was just kind of a hilarious thing.

Good post

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
My fiancé is in the city to experience it and I am wearing my Sox stuff at home. It's peaceful and I fully expect people to be outside cheering as this is the biggest championship in some time.

I'm in Lincoln Square. Gonna take a walk down Lawrence avenue with the pup when the Cubs finish this s*** off. Should be some good fireworks. I got like 3 or 4 firefighters on my block. Those dudes are gonna put on a show I suspect.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
This Cubs team is scary good. They remind me a lot of the 2010 and 13 Blackhawks. An elite core surrounded by ridiculous depth. There are gonna be multiple championships on the North Side of Chicago over the next few years unfortunately.

In MLB it's been a long time for any team to win back to back WS. Weren't the Marlins last to do that?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
In MLB it's been a long time for any team to win back to back WS. Weren't the Marlins last to do that?

I'm not saying they are gonna necessarily go back to back, but they are lights years better than any of the Giants teams that won every other year 3X.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)

I was a Cub fan as a kid because they played day baseball and WGN was the TV station for kids because they had Ray Rayner and Bozo, and Creature Feature. My favorite Cub player was Joe Pepitone because we were both left handed. Then one year the Cubs played a basketball charity game across the street fro my house. I got autographs from Santo, Monday, the R brothers and Billy Williams signed my glove. Back then you thought it was cool to have autographs instead of thinking they might have some value later on. Funny how the mindset has changed.