President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as far as this goes, I would argue Prague/Czech Republic, Hungary and Ukraine are even WORSE, but there's so much money in Moscow and St. Petersburg that it attracts all the worst elements of society.

Not to mention Trump chose wives from the Czech Republic and Slovenia, former Russian bloc countries. He DEFINITELY has a type, which is the blonde and Barbie doll/plastic surgery look. Nancy O'Dell fits, too.

One also has a feeling that Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Clinton, Trump and a "special" private jet are going to be back in the news quite often in the coming days. Perhaps Trump feels protected or insulated on that front because he knows that he can bring Bill Clinton down with him. Now how that helps him as sitting president/president-elect, the only thing I can think is that he's hoping and praying he can get through the inauguration on January 20th in order to shield himself through executive privilege.

Edited by caulfield12

So...realized while heading home that since the CNN report that everyone seems to believe says that the intelligence agencies believe the Russian blackmailing allegations are credible...last week the intelligence chairs had to sit across the table from a man they believe is being blackmailed by Russians and who probably owes the Russians billions of dollars and tell him to his face that they believe he's being blackmailed by the Russians. Knowing that 2 weeks later he could probably jail them.

I...do not envy that job.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
So...realized while heading home that since the CNN report that everyone seems to believe says that the intelligence agencies believe the Russian blackmailing allegations are credible...last week the intelligence chairs had to sit across the table from a man they believe is being blackmailed by Russians and who probably owes the Russians billions of dollars and tell him to his face that they believe he's being blackmailed by the Russians. Knowing that 2 weeks later he could probably jail them.

I...do not envy that job.

Why is he even involved? Seems like there might be some treason involved.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
Because he's the incoming President and the only people who could change that are a Republican Congress.

Is there a law that requires he get intelligence briefings prior to the inauguration? If he's involved in treasonous acts then the CIA and FBI should be investigating without informing him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:33 PM)
Is there a law that requires he get intelligence briefings prior to the inauguration? If he's involved in treasonous acts then the CIA and FBI should be investigating without informing him.

Isn't that what the FISA warrants are supposedly for?

This is getting really crazy with the administration change-over...and clock now ticking with less than 10 days.

I wonder if Obama a decade now will come to regret both the FBI and Russian angle not getting more attention until it was too late? Of course, history would have judged him as gifting the election to Clinton (although it looked like she really was going to win after the Billy Bush/Access Hollywood shot across the bow), but his efforts to be "overly objective/non-partisan" while the FBI were doing the opposite are ultimately going to end up in the social safety net/ObamaCare he spent two decades fighting for being torn into pieces.

If there is strong enough evidence of collusion between trump, his campaign and Russia, I can't see how pence wouldn't be implicated simply by association. How could you let a man that was elected on the same ticket stay in office?

E: sure is a shame that trump never released his taxes and never will so people can't figure out the true extent of his corruption. I bet Russia has a solid idea of his finances, though.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
So, is this the point where the unholy Trump/Democratic alliance forms? Because I have to imagine there are some Republican's out there who could possibly see it as advantageous to get rid of Trump in favor of Pence.

I kid, but still scary to think about.

Pence becoming pres much less scary than current circumstance.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:57 PM)
So, is this the point where the unholy Trump/Democratic alliance forms? Because I have to imagine there are some Republican's out there who could possibly see it as advantageous to get rid of Trump in favor of Pence.

I kid, but still scary to think about.

No. I will take Mike Pence. F*** this.

One of my Republican friends a while ago commented on this and said something about this being a sickness on democracy. I replied that when a patient is having a heart attack, you have to end the heart attack first and keep the patient alive. You deal with the clogging arteries once the patient is alive.

Mike Pence is not, as far as I know, beholden to a foreign power. Fix the heart attack.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
No. I will take Mike Pence. F*** this.

One of my Republican friends a while ago commented on this and said something about this being a sickness on democracy. I replied that when a patient is having a heart attack, you have to end the heart attack first and keep the patient alive. You deal with the clogging arteries once the patient is alive.

Mike Pence is not, as far as I know, beholden to a foreign power. Fix the heart attack.

Also, the nuclear codes.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 12:01 AM)
If there is strong enough evidence of collusion between trump, his campaign and Russia, I can't see how pence wouldn't be implicated simply by association. How could you let a man that was elected on the same ticket stay in office?

E: sure is a shame that trump never released his taxes and never will so people can't figure out the true extent of his corruption. I bet Russia has a solid idea of his finances, though.

Mike Pence can be an idiot and a sycophant and a homophobe while he's at it, but unless we have evidence of him conspiring as a part of this, he would be fair to serve. Same phrases about Paul Ryan.

You want to be terrified? In a couple weeks, the #4 in line will be Tillerson, who led a company that is about to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in Russia once they remove the sanctions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
Mike Pence can be an idiot and a sycophant and a homophobe while he's at it, but unless we have evidence of him conspiring as a part of this, he would be fair to serve. Same phrases about Paul Ryan.

You want to be terrified? In a couple weeks, the #4 in line will be Tillerson, who led a company that is about to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in Russia once they remove the sanctions.

Sorry, this week already started out with laughing at the absurdity of it all and then I got president golden shower. Next week will be existential meltdown, probably alternating between these two moods for the next four years.

If Trump's campaign itself was actually contacting Russian sources, it's pretty damn hard to view pence as legitimate. Ryan would be less of a problem in that circumstance.

Conspiracy Theory:

Trump and Pence will both be pushed out of the way for Ryan...

Well, at least Pence actually LOOKS like an American president, if they were casting for a new t.v. show.

In Pence's favor, he had a long period of time during the run-up to the election where he and Trump were disagreeing with each other other nearly every day. Proving collusion or knowledge, this is becoming like an episode of HOUSE OF CARDS, SCANDAL or DESIGNATED SURVIVOR. Except you have to thrown in the weirdness of Mr. Robot and the Golden Showers to represent the full spectrum of the depravity.

All that said, I'll definitely take Ryan as an opponent. He's at least predictable and a true believer, like trying to bring down Ayn Rand or Alan Greenspan philosophically.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/0...stern-interview

Until the election, we're bringing you "The Trump Files," a daily dose of telling episodes, strange but true stories, or curious scenes from the life of GOP nominee Donald Trump.

If you think Donald Trump is a headache for GOP chairman Reince Priebus, who frequently has to clean up after Trump's inflammatory comments, just imagine what former Reform Party chairman Russ Verney had to go through. Verney led the party during the 2000 election, when Donald Trump briefly jumped into the race for the Reform nomination for president. But that didn't stop Candidate Trump from going on Howard Stern's radio show and putting his then-girlfriend and now-wife Melania on air with the host for a bizarre, creepy, and totally misogynistic interview about life and sex with Trump.

When Trump called in to Stern's show on November 9, 1999, the conversation turned to Melania ("a potential first lady," Trump said) and her looks. "Let me talk to that broad in your bed," Stern demanded. So Trump summoned Melania, who was apparently scantily clad and conveniently sitting nearby, to come to the phone. With Stern oozing his creepiest charm, things rapidly got weird.

After demanding that Melania "put on your hottest outfit" for a Stern-Trump night on the town, Stern asked Melania what she was wearing right then. "Uh, not much," she replied.

Stern pressed on: "Are you naked? Are you nude?" Melania laughed. "Almost," she said.

"Ahhh, I've got my pants off already," Stern groaned.

Dropping his voice, Stern asked about how often Melania and Trump had sex and how good it was. "We have a great, great time," she said, claiming that she and Donald did the deed "even more" than daily. "I can tell you need love," Stern told her. Other topics of the interview included whether Melania stole cash from Trump's wallet, what she wore to the beach, and her "very nice chest for a model."

Trump apparently had no problems with Stern's racy questioning of his then girlfriend. "Oh man, she's naked there, isn't she?" Stern asked when Trump got back on the phone. "She is actually naked," Trump said. "It's a thing of beauty."

In a version of the interview clipped by BuzzFeed News, Stern begged Trump to have sex with Melania on air to boost his ratings. "Wouldn't that be nice?" Trump replied. Someone in Stern's studio then launched into a crude impression of Melania having sex with Trump. "Please, Donald, don't put it there!" he cried in a fake accent as Stern's crew—and Trump—collapsed into laughter. The New York Post also reported that, during the interview, Trump told Stern he frequently "mentally" felt up Melania in public.

But the sex- and harassment-filled radio appearance didn't exactly strike Trump as a bad move. "Is this your average interview, Robin, for a presidential candidate?" he proudly asked Stern's co-host before weighing on the role of hotness in the Monica Lewinsky scandal. "There are those that say that if President Clinton was caught with a supermodel, he would have been everyone's hero. Now, of course, I would never say a thing like that, but there are those that say that."

"President Trump will be a reality," Stern said as Trump signed off. "Thank you, Mr. President."

Edited by caulfield12

The sad part is that essentially everything in that document and the various stories from CNN, The Guardian etc. is entirely plausible and would actually explain some things that otherwise don't make a lot of sense, such as why he's consistently praised Russia for years and why his campaign changed GOP platforms to be much more Russian-friendly. Even the golden shower stuff is completely plausible for him because he's such a petty, pathetic and depraved man.

e: it's also a little disheartening to see how many Trump supporters and even Trump himself don't even understand what "fake news" is all about. It's not reports that you think are inaccurate or misleading, it's stuff that is 100% straight-up fabricated by content producers to get clicks from gullible and credulous people. Trump's initial response was to call it FAKE NEWS and then link to a literal fake news website.

e2: if Trump released his tax returns, he could potentially squash a lot of the allegations of his business ties, laundering money for the Russian mafia, being millions in debt to the Russian mafia, etc.

Edited by StrangeSox

This was published before all of the allegations of Trump's deep and troubling ties to Russia broke yesterday, but here's an article by the former ethics lawyers of George W. Bush and Obama laying out the conflicts of interest that Trump has and what he needs to do to get rid of them. It details the five major things to look for to help ensure that Trump doesn't have the worrying conflicts of interest from his and his family's business empires. Thus far, he's given no signs that he'll comply with any of it, which would arguably leave him in violation of the Constitution.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/201...er-tribe-214619

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
Don't worry, we'll forge tit next week when something even more absurd happens.

I know the bolded is a typo, but I feel like "forge tit" should be a thing that means something. I think we need to work together to define this new phrase. It has potential.