Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

Praying for a Christmas miracle that the Astros come back with a solid counter-offer after seeing the latest names being thrown around in the Pirates rumors.

Edit: couldn't choose between Rutherford and Tucker. Would be equally happy with either. No, I'd be jumping for fricken joy!

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
Question to fill the time:

Who would you guys rather have, Blake Rutherford or Kyle Tucker?

Now that's close.

I'll probably say Rutherford, but won't judge anyone who says Tucker. I think Rutherford will be that good though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
Now that's close.

I'll probably say Rutherford, but won't judge anyone who says Tucker. I think Rutherford will be that good though.

No joke here, after the Quintana deal finally happens, what are we going to talk about all off-season?

Or just sit back and admire our new prospect toys and stacked farm system?

Garfien tweeted that there was "very little" to the three way trade rumors. The Yankees, he said, haven't been involved in Q for "awhile."

For what that may be worth to you.

Have no idea if this will happen as rumored or not.

Mark

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
Probably watching Bregman and Meadows, and saying why didn't we make THAT happen?

There is zero chance the Astros were ever going to deal bregman, even for sale. He'll be their third baseman long term

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
Do the Sox take on McCutchen and then flip him if he truly is a salary dump for the Pirates?

If so, what kind of package could come back with him for Q?

I don't see the sox taking mccutchen back. They want prospects in return.

Welp. Things seem to have come to a screeching halt. Really thought something was going to happen this afternoon, even though the McCutchen part never made sense to me.

I have no doubt several teams are trying for Q. Still really want Meadows. Is be fine with a lesser package like Meadows, Keller and Diaz to make sure we get Meadows. Basically take one less piece with the third piece also being a little less exciting.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)
Welp. Things seem to have come to a screeching halt. Really thought something was going to happen this afternoon, even though the McCutchen part never made sense to me.

I have no doubt several teams are trying for Q. Still really want Meadows. Is be fine with a lesser package like Meadows, Keller and Diaz to make sure we get Meadows. Basically take one less piece with the third piece also being a little less exciting.

maxresdefault.jpg

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Guys, Brian said before Christmas.

We have time.

Does anyone else find it odd that raBBit is the only one reporting this three team deal -- and every other media outlet is shooting it down?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
Does anyone else find it odd that raBBit is the only one reporting this three team deal -- and every other media outlet is shooting it down?

Heyman was the only one shooting it down, and Chuck didn't understand it as he thinks the Yankees would be getting Q. Those are the only 2 that have acknowledged it so far.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
I know, just kinda getting out in front of anyone that is.

Yea - anyone who questions raBBit, bucket, or rock around here obviously haven't been around these parts very long. :)