Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
I won't continue with it.

Keep in mind that I've literally been suspended from this site from saying "poop" too much. I'm no saint but rather am also firmly fixed in the idiot crowd.

Of all things to take seriously in life - Soxtalk is not one of them, in my book at least.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Keep in mind that I've literally been suspended from this site from saying "poop" too much. I'm no saint but rather am also firmly fixed in the idiot crowd.

Of all things to take seriously in life - Soxtalk is not one of them, in my book at least.

Professional sports in general unless you are employed by them.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Would the Yankees be interested in Glasnow?

Certainly. But just seems like the Sox and Pitt wouldn't need NYY. But maybe you're onto something and Glasnow goes to NYY for a Frazier, Torres, Rutherford type who then goes to Sox as centerpiece instead of Glasnow. Allows Pitt to keep Meadows and Bell, and Cutch too.

Then perhaps Sox get Newman and Keller from Pitt. That seems to make the most sense since NYY needs pitching. That said, my guess is Cashman would prefer to trade for Q directly, rather than Glasnow which sends Q to Pitt.

Definitely an interesting possibility that makes more sense than the Cutch to Nyy talk.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Interesting.

I would put odds against this trade not because it isn't real but because I'm very skeptical of 3 way trades that get leaked prior, they always seem to fall apart.

It does seem that way. I wonder if one team leaks it because they think they are getting screwed compared to the other two?

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
This could all be a ploy for the Astros to include Bregman and or Musgrove.

Those are both players Houston is counting on for this year. They will not weaken the MLB team when they are trying to contend.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Awesome news for raBBit! Do you know the time by chance?

Rosenbloom sounded like they were trying to coordinate a time still. He wasn't specific with any of them.

Pirates dude is on now. And no, I will not summarize.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
Brian Bilek on the Score later...look at you.

Rob Biertempfel (Pirates' version of Merkin), and Levine on later too.

Go raBBit! Good for him. Finally getting the attention he deserves.

Edited by Soxnfins

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
It does seem that way. I wonder if one team leaks it because they think they are getting screwed compared to the other two?

And the longer something goes on...

But with 3 way trades usually the more mlb players are involved and the more mlb agents get wind of it and etc etc.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Going off the original tweet of raBBit and WSD, I think a package of Glasnow, Newman, Rutherford, and Andujar would make sense for Q.

Cutch to NYY doesn't make sense tho.

They're probably more interested in Quintana or Glasnow / Keller.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Those are both players Houston is counting on for this year. They will not weaken the MLB team when they are trying to contend.

Have to pay to play. Remember when Aaron Poreda was supposed to be a big part of our MLB team? We showcased him just to deal for Peavy. Astros could have just showcased Musgrove and or Bregman and we may be forcing their hand. Musgrove moreso than Bregman.

Is there any scenario wherein the White Sox take back McCutchen?

Or is this more like the Pirates won't move their top bats, but the Yankees have an excess, so we're getting the Yankees involved in Glasnow to get the likes of Rutherford and Andujar back?

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
Yankees get: Cutch and Glasnow

Pirates get: Quintana

Sox get: Frazier, Rutherford, Newman, and Keller

Thoughts?

Meh, I"m not losing Glasnow for just Frazier. I'd rather take Glasnow in that deal.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
This is why I don't buy this deal at all. The Yankees don't have a need for McCutchen

I agree. I still don't see how this makes sense for Yankees. Honestly, it doesn't even make that much sense for the Pirates either. I say the odds of this falling apart are pretty high, but maybe it'll tease out some bigger individual offers for Quintana.