Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)
I think you just cross that bridge when you get there. Someone may get hurt, someone may be ineffective, guys may find really nice homes in the bullpen. If the Sox are in a position where they have 5 elite starters and another elite SP prospect on the farm trust me, nobody will be complaining. That said they need another couple position player prospects and unless they really plan on Robertson for Robles/Conforto (yeah, right) this Quintana trade is their last opportunity to really load up on premier hitting talents until the draft.

Come on, read your own post - "this wouldn't be a bad thing but yeah it would be a questionable to bad thing".

Anyway, the one thing I'm now keeping in the back of my mind telling me that it would be ok to go for more pitching is how we're seeing the price of the 1b/DH types plummet this year. You could go out and get an Abreu and a Frazier and add 70 HR to a lineup at a pretty low price right now, so if you have a couple of dynamic players from your team you could fill holes cheaper than previous.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
He's just tweeting and re-weeting what rabbit and WSD are saying.

He threw in a few other things, but I'm not sure if it's BS.

This is where I wish Rosenthal picks up on it, and confirms it himself.

Just happen today...enough already.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
not really. They have one in rodon. So they need 4 of the following

Giolito

Kopech

Lopez

Glasnow

Dunning

Newman

Hansen

Adams

Only half need to perform and they should have a lower bust rate than the average prospects as many of them have had really good success in the upper minors.

There is always a risk with pitchers however with the numbers, I think its a pretty good chance.

What about fulmer, Stephens or burdi as well?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Come on, read your own post - "this wouldn't be a bad thing but yeah it would be a questionable to bad thing".

Anyway, the one thing I'm now keeping in the back of my mind telling me that it would be ok to go for more pitching is how we're seeing the price of the 1b/DH types plummet this year. You could go out and get an Abreu and a Frazier and add 70 HR to a lineup at a pretty low price right now, so if you have a couple of dynamic players from your team you could fill holes cheaper than previous.

We spent big on closers, DH, and LFers, now we should have a power arm for closer and power is cheap, while we spent dimes on up the middle players like C, 2b, SS and CF. As long as we are solid up the middle the LF/RF only 1b/dh is a lot easier.

But also, prior to this rebuild, had we had an Andjuhar in our system we would have penciled him in as a future 3b all star.

And we still have 2 drafts to nail.

But yeah, if we get Newman/Rutherford back that's like, really good prospects so (shrug)

Food for thought if Glasnow is "headlining" this package: Baseball America has Glasnow as the third best prospect in the Pirates system behind Meadows and Keller in the 2017 Top 10 Prospect Index. If he is truly the headliner, I would be expecting Rutherford and Newman as well since his star has lost a little bit of it's luster among scouts.

If New York and Pittsburgh refuse to throw Torres, Frazier, Bell or Meadows into a deal then Glasnow and Rutherford are really the next two best guys. Perhaps you turn around and go asking the Astros about Kyle Tucker in this scenario.

And if it all pans out and the Sox get these guys to live up to their potential a Rodon-Giolito-Glasnow-Lopez-Kopech with Burdi closing would be nearly unstoppable and the White Sox would have an extremely good team provided they could score any runs at all.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
He called me a know it all dickhead. Apparently he doesn't read his twitter. His entire post was him telling everyone how great he is. The video is there for everyone to see.

If he wants to punch me in the face, we can have it arranged. I think when the moment arrives, however, the gum will fall out of his mouth. I have heard of can't walk and chew gum at the same time. That was the first time I ever saw someone who just can't chew gum at the same time.

If you have a problem with me why not say it to me on twitter instead of b****ing about me to other people on a message board? And my entire post wasn't me telling everyone how great I am. I called myself a "joke" for getting the scoops that I do and also said the gum video was embarrassing. Again, the people that I do talk to that read these message boards called you the same thing. I wouldn't have said that on here until I get messages from multiple people "dick allen is talking s*** about WSD on Soxtalk"

Keep picking at the low hanging fruit with the gum though, but just an FYI I made fun of myself on the internet for it more than anyone else did, so you're swimming up stream with it

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
I'd be really happy if the return was Glasnow, Rutherford, Newman and Andujar.

This ^. Two top 50 bats and Andujar softens the blow of no Bell/Meadows.

Does this feel like a lot for Pitt though? In light of Cutch going too.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
I'd be really happy if the return was Glasnow, Rutherford, Newman and Andujar.

Same. I'm not a huge fan of Andujar, but as a 4th piece, he's fine. Ideally, I'd like Keller or Meadows/Bell though.

If you have a problem with me why not say it to me on twitter instead of b****ing about me to other people on a message board? And my entire post wasn't me telling everyone how great I am. I called myself a "joke" for getting the scoops that I do and also said the gum video was embarrassing. Again, the people that I do talk to that read these message boards called you the same thing. I wouldn't have said that on here until I get messages from multiple people "dick allen is talking s*** about WSD on Soxtalk"

Keep picking at the low hanging fruit with the gum though, but just an FYI I made fun of myself on the internet for it more than anyone else did, so you're swimming up stream with it

Forget Dick Allen lol when's this trade getting done?

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)

You're right, if it isn't on twitter, it isn't official. Why did you want to punch me in the face on twitter because of something I posted here that had zero to do with you? Why didn't you post something here that you wanted to punch me in the face?

If rabbit or Kyle want to call me a dick, what do I care? They wouldn't know me if I standing right in front of them. But you are the guy that posted for all to see you wanted to punch me in the face on twitter for something I posted here. I was alerted to it. I don't follow you at all, although I did give you credit for things you did break. You are an internet tough guy. I read some of the stuff, and you want to punch a lot of people. I would love to get it on youtube because I am sure you would miss.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
I think with the addition of Glasnow, you'd have to feel pretty confident in our ability to develop an elite staff within a few years as you mentioned above. If you can also get Bell & Newman, you'd also have the makings of an interesting offensive core IMO. I may be alone in this, but I'd consider moving Moncada to CF if we acquired Newman.

1B: Bell

2B: Newman

SS: Anderson

3B: ? Michalczewki

LF: ? Fisher/Call

CF: Moncada

RF: ? Basabe/Call

DH: ?

C: Collins

Obviously we'd still have a lot of question marks, but we'd also have a lot of chips we could cash in between now and next offseason that could add more positional prospects to the mix. And it's not like we'd have to look for up the middle type players, corner guys should be much easier to find. While Meadows still makes the most sense, I think a Glasnow, Bell, & Newman package makes a ton of sense for us.

An elite staff sure is exciting

as well as a line up like this

DH - Fisher*

C - Collins*

1B - Bell#

2B - Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - FA - Machado or Donaldson in the 18 offseason or Nolan Arenado in the '19 offseason

LF - Call

CF - Moncada#

RF - Basabe #

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
You're right, if it isn't on twitter, it isn't official. Why did you want to punch me in the face on twitter because of something I posted here that had zero to do with you? Why didn't you post something here that you wanted to punch me in the face?

If rabbit or Kyle want to call me a dick, what do I care? They wouldn't know me if I standing right in front of them. But you are the guy that posted for all to see you wanted to punch me in the face on twitter for something I posted here. I was alerted to it. I don't follow you at all, although I did give you credit for things you did break. You are an internet tough guy. I read some of the stuff, and you want to punch a lot of people. I would love to get it on youtube because I am sure you would miss.

Dude just stop.

Most people here would love his insights and tid bits, I can assure you very few care to read your back and forth bickering. Let it go.

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)

So how about the white sox? It's Soxtalk guys... not gumtalk, or talks***talk, or f***youtalk.

Hell, sadly it's not even pooptalk.

:angry:

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
An elite staff sure is exciting

as well as a line up like this

DH - Fisher*

C - Collins*

1B - Bell#

2B - Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - FA - Machado or Donaldson in the 18 offseason or Nolan Arenado in the '19 offseason

LF - Call

CF - Moncada#

RF - Basabe #

Even if we're still a year away, I'm all for giving Machado anything he wants to bring him in. He'd be entering his age 26 season in 2019, and the Sox would have him for his prime as these guys become contributors.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Same. I'm not a huge fan of Andujar, but as a 4th piece, he's fine. Ideally, I'd like Keller or Meadows/Bell though.

Yeah, ideally I'd like to see something headlined by Meadows or Bell with Rutherford, Newman and Keller filling the rest rest of the deal.