Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
I think the White Sox end up getting Glasnow, Rutherford, Andujar, Keller, and I really like that package. If they could somehow swing getting Diaz as well, it would be an outright fantastic package.

I just can't see Glasnow, Keller and Cutch being traded for Q

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
I think the White Sox end up getting Glasnow, Rutherford, Andujar, Keller, and I really like that package. If they could somehow swing getting Diaz as well, it would be an outright fantastic package.

I would keep saying that I couldn't deal with the Pirates without Meadows...but yeah, I couldn't turn something down close to this.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Here's my thought- You're getting Glasnow for sure in this deal. So, take one more from the Pirates & 2 from the Yankees.

1. Glasnow

2. Rutherford (He's a must)

3. Newman (He may be a SS with little power but his hitting is something that always has value)

4. Andjuhar (Get your 3B of the future).

Only other thing I would think about changing is Keller over Newman, because Keller has really good stuff as well.

Either way, need two good bats. I think Rutherford & Andjuhar are those 2.

What is Pittsburgh getting for trading McCutcheon?? I think we are overestimating our return.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
He nailed the Lawrie non tender. Oh wait.

Didn't he say Sale didn't cut up any jerseys?

He definitely had a source and broke something. There is no doubt, but he has taken that and his new found "insider" status and played games with it. Why does Lawrie's twitter and instagram have to be littered with people asking him about a non tender just because this guy wants to feel like an insider when he has no info.

IMO, if you want to be an insider, you have to behave responsibly. Just making s*** up or guessing because you know people will believe you and want info is not the way real insiders work.

I think what you're not taking into account is the fact that situations like Lawrie's non-tender are fluid.

As an insider, all you can do is report the information that is confirmed to you. I wouldn't call Dave "irresponsible" for having a bad piece of info every once in a while.

I have to say, while pumped about package, totally flummoxed about whether the PIrates are giving up too much or know McCutchens value is that low, and also have ZERO clue why Yankees care about McCutchen this year. Like wtf.

From White Sox perspective, getting glasnow is great, getting Rutherford back is amazing, getting back newman too I'm ripping my shirt off and letting my flabby 30 year old chest show proud, add keller and we are talkin pants at that point, men.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
I think what you're not taking into account is the fact that situations like Lawrie's non-tender are fluid.

As an insider, all you can do is report the information that is confirmed to you. I wouldn't call Dave "irresponsible" for having a bad piece of info every once in a while.

I just like the way he says Pooo-Ig ( Puig )

Oh - and in that wgn segment, he looked similar to how I did after a night of college drinking.

That is all

I hope he breaks 18 more trades or signings this decade.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
What is Pittsburgh getting for trading McCutcheon?? I think we are overestimating our return.

I mean, in the most literal sense right now all they are getting is "keeping" meadows. So either the return for Cutch outside nats was MUCH less than we know or something else is going in from sox or yanks to pirates.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:15 AM)
I mean, in the most literal sense right now all they are getting is "keeping" meadows. So either the return for Cutch outside nats was MUCH less than we know or something else is going in from sox or yanks to pirates.

It's "complex".

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
I have to say, while pumped about package, totally flummoxed about whether the PIrates are giving up too much or know McCutchens value is that low, and also have ZERO clue why Yankees care about McCutchen this year. Like wtf.

From White Sox perspective, getting glasnow is great, getting Rutherford back is amazing, getting back newman too I'm ripping my shirt off and letting my flabby 30 year old chest show proud, add keller and we are talkin pants at that point, men.

100% agree, but this is a better haul than what the team got for Sale, so else would be leaving the Sox in addition to Q to reign in this much premium talent?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
Internet tough guy (apparently he read something here and wants to punch me in the face, I'm pretty sure he would whiff) might either be buying a comb, or perhaps starts gum chewing lessons today.

His source is drying up, and his 15 minutes of fame are coming to an end.

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/20/dave-williams-...on-sports-feed/

Hey Dick Allen. I've perused these message boards very sparingly over the last like 8 months or so. Recently a little more. I try to avoid message boards because they're all the same. It took me like 3 days of reading these boards to immediately pin you as the internet know it all dick head. I mentioned it to others who read the site and they confirmed my suspicions. I didn't and probably wouldn't have seen your messages today cuz I haven't read these boards since the Sale trade and was pointed it out by people who do read them.

And for the record, if you knew anything about what I do online, which you clearly don't, you'd know that I myself and the medium I write for is satirical in nature, and that I shouldn't be getting scoops, let alone having people like Jon Heyman, Buster Olney, Ken Rosenthal, etc. use me as a source. Those are the big shot journalists we make fun of. People who are antiquated in how they approach writing, breaking news, etc. All of the news that I break is exactly that - a joke; that said I do have legit sources in the organization with both players and FO.

That said, I'll keep getting paid to be an internet tough guy and work with the White Sox a few times a year to coordinate parties at their games. Got 600 people out last year for one game alone and they handed me $3000 in $100 bills. They reach out to me, because they know I put asses in seats.

And Brian is my guy, as are James and Aaron, and though I fibbed to them saying Brian didn't know the package that he just tweeted about, I was the one who brought this exact trade scenario to his attention. He just confirmed it with his people. Sources are boooooone dry.

PS - I've told the WGN story a billion times. I was rushed there from work and it was 1000 degrees out. I was nervous. I laughed at it too. It was embarrassing but I embrace it. There's a reason I'm on TV, gonna go on the radio today, etc.

Edited by gosoxgo2005

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)

I'm only talking return for the Sox but realistically, Q would cost Glasnow & Cutch.

Only other possible thing I could think would be 1 from the Pirates (Glasnow) & 3 from the Yankees (Rutherford is a must) & 2 others.

Maybe Robertson ends up being in the deal too? Idk.

Frankly, 3 team trades are too complex for my football-minded self to truly gauge.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
Would you guys be happy with Glasnow/Diaz from the Pirates, and Rutherford/Andujar from the Yankees?

Probably, as Rutherford might be better than Meadows. I will go and cry as I look at the Josh Bell poster in my room.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
Rutherford and Keller are the most exciting pieces of the names mentioned IMO. I might like Keller as much as Glasnow.

Absolutely. Love Rutherford and a buddy of mine (ex scout) loves Keller. I'm not a fan at all of Diaz and Andujar is meh, but Glasnow and the other 3 are too good to pass up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
Okay, you have to include Glasnow, so pick the other 3:

Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

Rest is Glasnow, Andjuhar, Diaz

Andujar keeps showing up now. How does he compare to Trey M? Same age, Trey played at AA. I don't see a big difference, course I know little about Andujar.

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Hey Dick Allen. I've perused these message boards very sparingly over the last like 8 months or so. Recently a little more. I try to avoid message boards because they're all the same. It took me like 3 days of reading these boards to immediately pin you as the internet know it all dick head. I mentioned it to others who read the site and they confirmed my suspicions. I didn't and probably wouldn't have seen your messages today cuz I haven't read these boards since the Sale trade and was pointed it out by people who do read them.

And for the record, if you knew anything about what I do online, which you clearly don't, you'd know that I myself and the medium I write for is satirical in nature, and that I shouldn't be getting scoops, let alone having people like Jon Heyman, Buster Olney, Ken Rosenthal, etc. use me as a source. Those are the big shot journalists we make fun of. People who are antiquated in how they approach writing, breaking news, etc. All of the news that I break is exactly that - a joke; that said I do have legit sources in the organization with both players and FO.

That said, I'll keep getting paid to be an internet tough guy and work with the White Sox a few times a year to coordinate parties at their games. Got 600 people out last year for one game alone and they handed me $3000 in $100 bills. They reach out to me, because they know I put asses in seats.

And Brian is my guy, as are James and Aaron, and though I fibbed to them saying Brian didn't know the package that he just tweeted about, I was the one who brought this exact trade scenario to his attention. He just confirmed it with his people. Sources are boooooone dry.

PS - I've told the WGN story a billion times. I was rushed there from work and it was 1000 degrees out. I was nervous. I laughed at it too. It was embarrassing but I embrace it. There's a reason I'm on TV, gonna go on the radio today, etc.

Lol. You are whitesoxdave if I'm reading this correctly?

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)

Welcome aboard, good Sir!