Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:28 AM)
? Mind elaborating?

I know Dave well enough to know he's not BS'ing. Sometimes it's simply a matter of having info you can't release until you get the OK. Not saying that's the case here but he's proven time & time again he's someone to trust and has the inside track on something.

Edited by SoCalSox

After last year's Sox and free agent rumors, I believe nothing WSD has to say ( Cespedes 6/135M!) Just an attention whore that's full of s***. I fail to see how a festive reference ( as funny as it may be) correlates to a Q trade happening today.

Here a fresh article from Fox speculating the Astros could still be in on Q. I suggest Sox fans read this to help remove WSD's nonsense from their minds. :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/jose-qu...n-astros-122316

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
After last year's Sox and free agent rumors, I believe nothing WSD has to say ( Cespedes 6/135M!) Just an attention whore that's full of s***. I fail to see how a festive reference ( as funny as it may be) correlates to a Q trade happening today.

Here a fresh article from Fox speculating the Astros could still be in on Q. I suggest Sox fans read this to help remove WSD's nonsense from their minds. :lol:

The guy definitely had a source, but that seems to have dried up. He took it and ran with it, but he's been off for a while now. Sale didn't cut up jerseys. Lawrie was getting non tendered....

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)

He clearly has some kind of source, he's proven that. That said, his tweet could be about anything and even if he thinks something is going to go down it certainly doesn't mean it's going to.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)

You're going to discount one bad piece of info & ignore the multiple other things he broke like the Shields trade & the Anderson call up? It's amazing how everyone praises him when he breaks something people love him but then when they get antsy about info, they turn on him.

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

#WhiteSox are in trade talks on a "complex" deal they want to get done by Christmas. Nothing finalized but names & scope of deal are fluid.

7:45 AM - 23 Dec 2016

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

3 way trade would entail Quintana to #Pirates, McCucthen to #Yankees and a package of prospects that's headlined by Glasnow to #WhiteSox.

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

Outside of Glasnow, #WhiteSox would receive some combo of Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

7:46 AM - 23 Dec 2016

some raBBit bombs

link

Edited by Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

#WhiteSox are in trade talks on a "complex" deal they want to get done by Christmas. Nothing finalized but names & scope of deal are fluid.

7:45 AM - 23 Dec 2016

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

3 way trade would entail Quintana to #Pirates, McCucthen to #Yankees and a package of prospects that's headlined by Glasnow to #WhiteSox.

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

Outside of Glasnow, #WhiteSox would receive some combo of Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

7:46 AM - 23 Dec 2016

some raBBit bombs

WOW. That's some serious info!!! :o

Details of a 3 team trade being leaked :o

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:38 AM)
I know Dave well enough to know he's not BS'ing. Sometimes it's simply a matter of having info you can't release until you get the OK. Not saying that's the case here but he's proven time & time again he's someone to trust and has the inside track on something.

Brian trusts him as well, which is enough for me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Seems like an awful lot for Sox to be getting back. Can't see Glasnow and Keller being involved

It said combo. Probably a series of pick 2 of x, pick 2 of x type stuff.

Just for fun, since there seems to be the possibility of something huge with Pirates/Mets.

To add a layer of why the other teams might do this I am thinking from a framework that solves the Mets and Pirates goals while keeping their top guys such as Meadows and Rosario. This would be a depth haul for the sox.

Pirates: Quintana and Nate Jones and keep Meadows/Bell.

Mets: McCutchen, Robertson, dump Bruce

Sox: Conforto, Nimmo, D Smith AND Glasnow, Keller, Newman, Bruce for 3 months

That is 5 top 100 guys and Conforto

I would then take Abreu and Rodon to the Cardinals for Reyes, Weaver, Kelly and Bader

2019 (It wont all pan out but):

LF, Conforto, CF Basabe/Tilson, RF Nimmo/Bader/Call

3B, Moncada, SS Anderson, 2B Newman, 1B Smith, DH Collins, C Kelly

Oh and Reyes, Giolito, Glasnow, Kopech, Lopez, Fulmer, Hansen, Adams, Dunning, Burdi and a lefty or two someday

You could legit bid on harper for 35 mil a year with that roster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
Internet tough guy (apparently he read something here and wants to punch me in the face, I'm pretty sure he would whiff) might either be buying a comb, or perhaps starts gum chewing lessons today.

His source is drying up, and his 15 minutes of fame are coming to an end.

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/20/dave-williams-...on-sports-feed/

In the pic of the video with "the gum incident" he looks like a divorced car salesman who's desperate to make a sale lol

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
You're going to discount one bad piece of info & ignore the multiple other things he broke like the Shields trade & the Anderson call up? It's amazing how everyone praises him when he breaks something people love him but then when they get antsy about info, they turn on him.

Shields was a typical Sox move that a blind man from another dimension could have predicted. Anderson's call up was easy to predict because everyone knew the Sox signed Rollins to work with Tim on his defense as well as to hold SS so the Sox could wait on the callup to be the exgra year of control. Your examples further back up what I'm saying.

Also not going to take trade rumors serious from a guy that loves to post the most random and meaninglsss nonsense. Pizza plug from his favorite spot down the street, how drunk he got last night or about the size of the dump he took this morning. Yep, he's a good source alright.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Shields was a typical Sox move that a blind man from another dimension could have predicted. Anderson's call up was easy to predict because everyone knew the Sox signed Rollins to work with Tim on his defense as well as to hold SS so the Sox could wait on the callup to be the exgra year of control. Your examples further back up what I'm saying.

Also not going to take trade rumors serious from a guy that loves to post the most random and meaninglsss nonsense. Pizza plug from his favorite spot down the street, how drunk he got last night or about the size of the dump he took this morning. Yep, he's a good source alright.

He called the exact Shields deal a week before finalized