Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Well, that's one way of speculating about it. My speculation is that Q's price started just a tick below Sale's and now with all the interest is at an equal place.

What the f*** do I know thou?

As much as any of us. We're all just bored and making s@#t up with maybe a little educated guessing.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:42 PM)
As much as any of us. We're all just bored and making s@#t up with maybe a little educated guessing.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
Soxtalk - my preferred choice of affect regulation

Fellas, this is the best place to find some of the web's best baseball conspiracies. :lol:

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:49 PM)
Fellas, this is the best place to find some of the web's best baseball conspiracies. :lol:

Like trying to have a discussion with my doctoral students :o

I wish I was kidding.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
The Astros are missing that final piece IMO

Still don't believe they deal Bregman and without him, I'm not big on their prospect depth. Sticking with my prediction that Astros go with internal options and add around June/July if they have to.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I think Hahn would see McCutcheon as a distraction to the rebuild idea. He probably argued for years to tear it down, and if he brought in McCutch, and he lit it up, got the team to around .500, Reinsdorf would say "let's go for it" and halt the rebuild.

If I'm Hahn I want no,part of any high dollar veteran help.

With Sale/Q out of the rotation and Shields/Holland in the rotation plus the absence of Eaton in the lineup I don't think we have to worry much about being .500 when July rolls around, regardless of who lights it up. ;)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Why do you think an Indians signing of Encarnacion incentives the Astros?

Just that the BoSox and Cleveland looks clearly better than them in pitching and closed gap in offense and are not going away next 3 years. Do you really want to bet on your SP health and prospects or make yourself as competitive as possible?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
When ARod signed with Texas back in the day, I believe we had the second highest offer at $190M. With a new TV deal being in the works, I could definitely see Reinsdorf being very motivated to make a free agent splash to help boost its value. And clearly we'll have a ton of financial flexibility to fit such a salary in our budget. While it's unlikely we land a guy like Machado, I fully expect us to be in the mix.

I remember it being like 8/160.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
I remember it being like 8/160.

I could be wrong, but I thought they offered 10/$190M, which was the second best offer but $60M less than what the Rangers ultimately offered. Pretty wild that Boras was able to get Texas to bid against themselves and pay that much of a premium.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
Still don't believe they deal Bregman and without him, I'm not big on their prospect depth. Sticking with my prediction that Astros go with internal options and add around June/July if they have to.

Don't like the Astros prospect depth?? They have 5 current top 100 prospects + Musgrove and Reed + Teoscar Hernandez, Daz Cameron, Franklin Perez, and Garrett Stubbs. That's 11 prospects we should be very interested in. Id listen to the argument that they don't have the 1 marquee name at the top without Bregman (although I think Tucker will be soon), but you won't find many teams in baseball with more overall depth of talent through out then them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
Just that the BoSox and Cleveland looks clearly better than them in pitching and closed gap in offense and are not going away next 3 years. Do you really want to bet on your SP health and prospects or make yourself as competitive as possible?

I think the Astros are insane if they go into the season with their current rotation. Keuchel may not be the Cy Young type they thought he was and McCullers can't seem to stay healthy. Sure, if everything works out their rotation has the potential to be pretty good, but we all saw what happened last year when one of more things go wrong. It would be foolish to invest so much on the position player side only to ignore their pitching staff. But then again, when you consider someone like Kyle Tucker an untouchable (if the rumors are true), apparently prospect hoarding is more important than winning it all.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
does anyone else get a Garin Cecchini vibe from Kevin Newman? I just have a hard time seeing him posting those numbers as he moves up with out power to punish pitchers that challenge him down broadway.

For right right now he has the batting eye and contact skills. He should be in AAA next season so that should give a better indication. A bat and eye like his would slot well at #2 in the lineup.