Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)
Did Heyman have any indication of how far along anything is?

I doubt any deal is close. White sox will insist Glasgow and meadows are in the deal.

Glasgow, bell, Newman and Hayes would not be too shabby though

Glasnow or Meadows/Bell/Newman or Hayes/Escobar or Hearn is a great haul for Q

Diaz being a defensive minded 26 year old back stop shouldn't be a priority for the sox right now, focus on Collins developing and potentially getting a Kelly/Stubbs/Severino/Barnes/Plawecki/Swihart with a later trade of Jones or Robertson.

Seems to me that there is more reported interest in Q than Sale. Reported is the key word there. How cool would it be to get near equal value or more.

Q is really the last quality starter left available, for many teams this will be the last chance they have to upgrade their rotation until the deadline. I think there are many teams out there who kind of wish they had a chance now to one-up the Red Sox offer for Sale.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
Glasnow or Meadows/Bell/Newman or Hayes/Escobar or Hearn is a great haul for Q

Diaz being a defensive minded 26 year old back stop shouldn't be a priority for the sox right now, focus on Collins developing and potentially getting a Kelly/Stubbs/Severino/Barnes/Plawecki/Swihart with a later trade of Jones or Robertson.

If the pirates are serious, the offer would have to be something like Glasnow, bell and Newman

They keep meadows as their future center fielder. White sox compromise, but acquire three top fifty prospects.

Bell can play 1b and do with a plus hit tool

Newman also has a plus hit tool and would fit at second base

Glasgow has ace potential

Deal really makes sense for each team if glasnow, meadows plus more can't get done

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
Just a feeling but I don't think Pirates will give up Newman. I'm guessing Glasnow, Bell and Hayes is the structure of the deal

I don't take that... if they don't wanna give up Meadows it's Glasnow, Bell, and Newman or bust.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
Just a feeling but I don't think Pirates will give up Newman. I'm guessing Glasnow, Bell and Hayes is the structure of the deal

You really like Bell.

Are you concerned that a deal that did not include Meadows (but did include Bell) would leave us without enough premier hitting prospects after moving our top 3 pieces?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
You really like Bell.

Are you concerned that a deal that did not include Meadows (but did include Bell) would leave us without enough premier hitting prospects after moving our top 3 pieces?

A little but can't fault them for getting best possible talent

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Will Craig is an interesting prospect. Crazy batting eye with good hit and power tools although the power has yet to develop.

Anyone from Future Sox know anything about Craig?

I like him plenty as a secondary piece. Likely limited to first or DH though.