Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

With Glasnow's name continuing to come up, it tells me the Sox see something in him they can't pass up. The Sox have a good eye for young pitching talent. I just hope the other names being discussed are bats.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Which deal would you guys prefer?

1) Glasnow, Bell, & Newman

2) Martes, Tucker, Reed, & Stubbs

I would definitely take #1, but would be open to #2 as I'm higher on Tucker than most here.

I would love either one. I'm leaning towards 1 but I'm with you on Tucker. He will be a beast.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Which deal would you guys prefer?

1) Glasnow, Bell, & Newman

2) Martes, Tucker, Reed, & Stubbs

I would definitely take #1, but would be open to #2 as I'm higher on Tucker than most here.

I would take the Houston deal without thinking twice and but I wouldn't complain about the Pitt offer.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Bell >= Tucker

Glasnow >>> Martes

Newman

So Pirates I guess. 4 player returns are very enticing though.

Yeah, I view it pretty much the same way and assume most would take that Pirates package. But if you think Reed is a legit bounce back candidate, I think that Astros package is pretty decent. Like I said previously though, I really like Tucker and think he could be a top 20 guy as soon as next year.

Meadows and Bell would be the winner...and another lower level piece or two.

If it's Glasnow instead of Meadows, not sure you still pull the trigger, probably.

Then you send Frazier (more likely, with a salary subsidy to help them financially) with Q to improve the 3rd/4th pieces coming back. Or you can do Q/Abreu if they prefer Jose...and that's the single sticking point in getting the deal done, replacing Bell's projected offensive contributions.

JR almost never does this type of trade where we eat money to get back talent back (usually the opposite), but there's always HOPING.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
Meadows and Bell would be the winner...and another lower level piece or two.

If it's Glasnow instead of Meadows, not sure you still pull the trigger, probably.

Then you send Frazier (more likely, with a salary subsidy to help them financially) with Q to improve the 3rd/4th pieces coming back. Or you can do Q/Abreu if they prefer Jose...and that's the single sticking point in getting the deal done, replacing Bell's projected offensive contributions.

JR almost never does this type of trade where we eat money to get back talent back (usually the opposite), but there's always HOPING.

If Abreu is attached we better be getting their 1-6 prospects.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
I would do Meadows and Bell straight up 2-for-1 for Q. Probably throw in Frazier too, though demand a lesser (outside Pittsburgh's top 10) 3rd piece added in that case.

I wouldn't sell Frazier short. He still has value and was incredibly unlucky last season.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
If Abreu is attached we better be getting their 1-6 prospects.

We've heard for months that he's fairly valued right now, based on his salary...but nothing approaching the bargain you saw in 2015 and especially 2014.

I tend to think his value is higher than most here, but the easiest way to think about this is what would the Pirates give up for Jose Abreu straight-up if Q wasn't involved?

Because of their financial issues, I'm not 100% convinced they would even consider trading Bell straight up for Abreu...unless they jettisoning both Meadows and McCutcheon and needed more predictable offensive output. Even then, his defensive value in the NL is going to be an issue, compared to playing in the junior circuit.

Edited by caulfield12

Even if Collins ends up as a 1B or DH, it won't be for at least another year or two so Abreu holds the fort until then. Another thing is if Collins becomes the hitter hes projected to become, I would rather save his knees and have him as a 1B/DH.

I see nothing wrong with Bell in a Sox uniform and I would be happy as hell to have him.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
With Glasnow's name continuing to come up, it tells me the Sox see something in him they can't pass up. The Sox have a good eye for young pitching talent. I just hope the other names being discussed are bats.

If the trade happens the Sox would have 4 #1 caliber pitchers in the rotation Rodon, Giolito, Kopech, Glasnow and a couple more not far behind Lopez/dunning/hansen.

They would not need to score much. In a couple of years they would have one of the better staffs if even half of them work out.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
If the trade happens the Sox would have 4 #1 caliber pitchers in the rotation Rodon, Giolito, Kopech, Glasnow and a couple more not far behind Lopez/dunning/hansen.

They would not need to score much. In a couple of years they would have one of the better staffs if even half of them work out.

You are not kidding. I was thinking about something this after noon when Glasnow's name kept popping up. Looking at how many big arms they have already and then factor in the possibility of Glasnow, I think the Sox are looking a few years down the road when Rodon hits his arbitration years and more importantly, closer to free agency with Boras as his agent. If all goes well during the next few years I think we see Rodon traded for a haul. It's not often we see Boras clients sign extensions or the Sox get into FA bidding wars with his clients. I think the Sox are truely looking at the bigger long term picture and I like it.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
This is so much worse than the July 31 trade deadline. It's torture.

Yeah, there's no reading all the posters complaining about how bad the owner, FO and team is in other threads to waste time while waiting for more rumors.