Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
I don't get why Pitt would want to trade Glasnow. He seems like on the verge and could be 1 or 2 starter talent.

Because you can trade/ sign a 1/2 starter. Hitters of that caliber rarely get to the market until they are past their prime. Plus trading Glasgow creates equivalence- 6 years of maybe a 1/2 starter for 4 years of a 1/2 in his prime.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:05 AM)
McCarthy/Danks trade was 10 years ago today. It was a Saturday, and early evening if I recall correctly.

So you never know.

I was just looking at that tweet. In my memory I thought that was a one for one swap and totally forgot about Nick Masset and our fireballing 07 bullpen.

Not a great memory considering the fireballers we are bringing in now :)

edit: although it did remind me of one of soxtalk's best nicknames, David AAArdsma

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
I was just looking at that tweet. In my memory I thought that was a one for one swap and totally forgot about Nick Masset and our fireballing 07 bullpen.

Not a great memory considering the fireballers we are bringing in now :)

edit: although it did remind me of one of soxtalk's best nicknames, David AAArdsma

Masset went on to be pretty decent with the Reds, didn't he?

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
In my opinion, we desperately need young power hitting. Thoughts?

I think everyone here will agree with you that we're going to need more young positional players. That said, we're not trying to win next year so I don't think we're desperate for anything yet, just keep collecting the best talent out there.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
Masset went on to be pretty decent with the Reds, didn't he?

Yes and Aardsma had better years after. Williams had right idea we just did not get anything out of that group. Jenks/Thornton/Aardsma/Masset should have been lights out

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
I think everyone here will agree with you that we're going to need more young positional players. That said, we're not trying to win next year so I don't think we're desperate for anything yet, just keep collecting the best talent out there.

Good point.

I do wish the Yankees were more interested and willing to send us Frazier, Judge, and another.

Even if we get back Bell, that's a pretty good bat. But our future gets much more festive if we actually see our development team bring along Alex Call and Jameson Fisher into top 150 prospects. Guys without the loud tools that we need to start developing to take next step.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
? Mind elaborating?

Internet tough guy (apparently he read something here and wants to punch me in the face, I'm pretty sure he would whiff) might either be buying a comb, or perhaps starts gum chewing lessons today.

His source is drying up, and his 15 minutes of fame are coming to an end.

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/20/dave-williams-...on-sports-feed/

Edited by Dick Allen