2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

57 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

I would hope Singer would be an underslot deal. Getting him would already be disappointing enough. I think India on a huge discount (like 11th or 12th pick money) is the best play if the first 3 picks are the nightmare scenario of Mize, Madrigal, Bohm, much like what happened to the Sox last year at 11. If any of those three are available, the Sox should take them. Beyond that, I'm for a huge India underslot or a smaller McClanahan underslot. I'm starting to warm to the idea of Bart since the org is finally showing some ability to develop a hit tool. I'd be very disappointed walking away from the 4th pick with Singer, Kelenic, or Swaggerty.

Singer will not be taking an underslot deal. I actually think Kelenic underslot would be great. You could possibly sign Kelenic for like $5 million and potentially push a $3.5 million player to #46. I'm all aboard going HS early and often. Need to balance out this system. 

25 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Singer will not be taking an underslot deal. I actually think Kelenic underslot would be great. You could possibly sign Kelenic for like $5 million and potentially push a $3.5 million player to #46. I'm all aboard going HS early and often. Need to balance out this system. 

I'm okay with every pick after 4 being a high school player, but I want a college bat at 4.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man this is really tough.  Bohm is super intriguing to me, but after that there are a ton of question marks.  Really think cutting a huge underslot deal with India or Kelenic might make the most sense assuming Mize & Bohm are already off the board.  If we have to go full slot, I’d probably go with Madrigal or Singer in that order.

I like Bohm but i feel hes destined for 1B. If Singer or Madrigal are there at 4 I'm fine with the sox going slot, but if they've got other ideas about going under slot the only two names I'm interested in at #4 with massive cost savings are India and McClanahan.

For those that might be interested in seeing Singer pitch, game starts in about an hour.  Will be on the WatchESPN streaming service for me at least.  That India guy plays for Florida too.  I hear he has some helium.

30 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

There is no way the Sox talk a high school player with a top 5 pick. My call is either Bohm, Madrigal, or Singer. 

One thing to keep in mind with Madrigal is if KLaw's source was accurate that Sox won't consider him cause of who they have at 2nd already. I think a lot have moved on from that comment, despite him usually having good sources 

News flash....Kopech getting lit up and ERA close to 5...Cease got shelled in W-S. Rodon and Hansen are quetion marks and Gilolito and Fulmer look pitiful. Sox need pitching. If Singer makes it to 4, we need to grab him. And, by the way, he is a damn good pitcher.

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

One thing to keep in mind with Madrigal is if KLaw's source was accurate that Sox won't consider him cause of who they have at 2nd already. I think a lot have moved on from that comment, despite him usually having good sources 

I can't see them passing on a good player because they believe they have the position filled. He can play other positions, probably well.

29 minutes ago, Flash said:

News flash....Kopech getting lit up and ERA close to 5...Cease got shelled in W-S. Rodon and Hansen are quetion marks and Gilolito and Fulmer look pitiful. Sox need pitching. If Singer makes it to 4, we need to grab him. And, by the way, he is a damn good pitcher.

We need pitching because two of our top prospects had rough nights?

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Yeah both had bad nights, that will happen during development.  Obviously it's not ideal, but you don't press the panic button because of that fact and NEED to draft a SP because they both had bad nights on the same night.