SNOWMAGGEDDON 2016-2017

Kyyle23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
I keep looking at the 10 day, waiting to see a snow fall, but nope.

That is my MO. I keep thinking we are going to pay, but time is running out for the really bad stuff. March can really suck, but at least you shouldn't get 2 feet of snow and 20 below windchills.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
That is my MO. I keep thinking we are going to pay, but time is running out for the really bad stuff. March can really suck, but at least you shouldn't get 2 feet of snow and 20 below windchills.

At this point we are primed for a lake effect event. The lake isn't frozen at all. If we were to get the right direction winds in the 25 to 30 mph area, plus about a 30 degree temp, we'd get buried. This is almost exactly how we got the blizzard in Indiana in March of 98.

I went to a job interview downtown last April (think the season had started already) and it snowed and was like 20 degrees so you never know.

Edit: it was the day before Opening Day (pretty sure it snowed then) and they were playing a day game in Oakland. Also for curious minds, I got the job.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
I've got a group of 8 of us golfing on Saturday. This is insane. Outdoor drinking might be my favorite activity so to do it in February is pretty nice.

Yessir. I'm not really into the bar scene so to be able to do it in someone's garage or backyard around a bon fire pit or while swimming is amazing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
At this point we are primed for a lake effect event. The lake isn't frozen at all. If we were to get the right direction winds in the 25 to 30 mph area, plus about a 30 degree temp, we'd get buried. This is almost exactly how we got the blizzard in Indiana in March of 98.

The snow belt is an entire different animal than on the west side of the lake.

We think we get it bad, but it's nothing compared to you guys. You get all the cold and wind and while we get an occasional lake effect snow, nothing like in IN or MI.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)

We think we get it bad, but it's nothing compared to you guys. You get all the cold and wind and while we get an occasional lake effect snow, nothing like in IN or MI.

But they have cheap gas and cigarettes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)

The weather is so diferent. Last week I flew to Detroit at 6am. I took my dog out and it was roughly 40 degrees, when we landed in Det there was 6 inches of snow on the ground and it was a blizzard all day. Driving 94 from chicago to Det is like driving through Hoth sometimes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
The weather is so diferent. Last week I flew to Detroit at 6am. I took my dog out and it was roughly 40 degrees, when we landed in Det there was 6 inches of snow on the ground and it was a blizzard all day. Driving 94 from chicago to Det is like driving through Hoth sometimes.

If you get a strong wind with westerlies in it before the lake freezes, the lake effect snow can cover most of Michigan.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 08:20 AM)
We are planning on taking the kids to the zoo this weekend.... In February..... With light jackets.

I took my daughter at the end of January when it was near 50 degrees. Had to take my jacket off because it was so nice in the sun. Anyway, I figured it would be packed due to the awesome weather and being a Saturday...but it was a very light crowd.

The strong winds we had about a month ago knocked down a huge tree branch so I'll be chopping that up this Saturday and put together a nice bon fire. Weather channel says it'll be about 52 degrees around 7pm that night so that's still tolerable for being outside with a beer in hand and fire on the side.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Feb 16, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
The strong winds we had about a month ago knocked down a huge tree branch so I'll be chopping that up this Saturday and put together a nice bon fire. Weather channel says it'll be about 52 degrees around 7pm that night so that's still tolerable for being outside with a beer in hand and fire on the side.

The wife and I are going to do just that all weekend long.Going to fire up the pit, have some drinks and crank the music collection. The weekend forecast is unbelievable for this time of year and we are going to enjoy it to the fullest.

• 3 weeks later...