Clay Buchholz traded to Phils

NCsoxfan

OK Dombrowski, time to help the White Sox out by throwing a rumored interest in Q out there to drive the price up on the Yanks and Astros.

I do wonder if Boston would seriously consider a trade for Q. They are set up to win now, stocked farm and Dombrowski is not afraid to deal prospects.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
OK Dombrowski, time to help the White Sox out by throwing a rumored interest in Q out there to drive the price up on the Yanks and Astros.

I do wonder if Boston would seriously consider a trade for Q. They are set up to win now, stocked farm and Dombrowski is not afraid to deal prospects.

I don't see it. Sale/Price/Porcello/Pomeranz is a pretty good top 4, and arguably in the playoffs that's all you really need starter's wise. He's not going to pillage his farm system even more for the rotation IMO.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)

Same thing crossed my mind the other day actually. I think they are done looking for starters but I could see them having enough to get Q still if they wanted to gut the rest of their farm. Maybe in July if Sale/Porcello/Price misses a significant amount of time.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I wouldn't mind the Sox taking a flyer on Richie Schaffer who was DFA to make space. If he makes it through the NL, not a terrible waiver claim. Especially if the Sox plan to move more guys.

I honestly don't really see anyone else moving to be honest. Maybe Quintana if they get an offer they like but that's about it. Everyone else potentially in July or next off-season.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
I honestly don't really see anyone else moving to be honest. Maybe Quintana if they get an offer they like but that's about it. Everyone else potentially in July or next off-season.

Yah, I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised either way.

I would like to see them sign some guys to 1 year deals though if they don't plan to continue to subtract.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
Yah, I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised either way.

I would like to see them sign some guys to 1 year deals though if they don't plan to continue to subtract.

I would absolutely take Greg Holland off the market. Granted if it were between us and a contending team, he'd likely go there.

Edit: unless of course, we offered a few million more which we can do.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
I would absolutely take Greg Holland off the market. Granted if it were between us and a contending team, he'd likely go there.

Edit: unless of course, we offered a few million more which we can do.

Yah. Also would like to see Rasmus, or even Revere.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I don't see it. Sale/Price/Porcello/Pomeranz is a pretty good top 4, and arguably in the playoffs that's all you really need starter's wise. He's not going to pillage his farm system even more for the rotation IMO.

The front three of Boston's rotation is solid but after that, the fourth and fifth spots are very shaky. Pomeranz and Rodriguez were not very good last year and both put up Danks type numbers. As for Dombrowski not pillaging the farm even more, I refer you to the Detroit Tigers. ;)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Same thing crossed my mind the other day actually. I think they are done looking for starters but I could see them having enough to get Q still if they wanted to gut the rest of their farm. Maybe in July if Sale/Porcello/Price misses a significant amount of time.

I think it's possible Boston could have interest though I am not counting on it. It would be a slick move by Dombrowski to make his team even better while cock-blocking the Yanks from improving their rotation. Win win for Boston.

Oh well, it was just a thought. :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I think it's possible Boston could have interest though I am not counting on it. It would be a slick move by Dombrowski to make his team even better while cock-blocking the Yanks from improving their rotation. Win win for Boston.

It is haha. Just as a fun thought, what do you believe it would take? Devers, Travis, Groome plus one more piece?

Disclaimer: before people decide to pounce and say it isn't going to happen; I know that. You don't have to tell me. I was just throwing it out there because it's a boring Tuesday at work.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
It is haha. Just as a fun thought, what do you believe it would take? Devers, Travis, Groome plus one more piece?

Disclaimer: before people decide to pounce and say it isn't going to happen; I know that. You don't have to tell me. I was just throwing it out there because it's a boring Tuesday at work.

I'm going to follow up in the Q thread my man. I just realized I'm derailing this one. :lol:

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)

I don't see Boston wanting to tap into it's farm system anymore after trading for Pomeranz, Sale and Thornburg in the past year

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
The front three of Boston's rotation is solid but after that, the fourth and fifth spots are very shaky. Pomeranz and Rodriguez were not very good last year and both put up Danks type numbers. As for Dombrowski not pillaging the farm even more, I refer you to the Detroit Tigers. ;)

What happened to Steven Wright? The Knuckleballer? He put up an ERA in the 3s last year. Yeah he's not going to be my #1 starter, but Wright and Sale back to back sounds like literally the worst thing I can think of that you could do to an opposing lineup. As a #5 that seems pretty darn ok.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 20, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)

Actually Steven Wright is their #4 and Pomeranz is 5th.