2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 01:34 AM)
Trial and Error is pretty solid minus the horrible character "Anne".

Is that Sherri Sheppard? Totally agree.

It maybe that I just don't like her in real life but that character is annoying.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 11:37 PM)
Literally watching right now, about halfway through season 2. It's a little rough around the edges, but has been a very entertaining show for the most part.

That's about where it fell apart. After Laura's killer is revealed, it just wasn't that good.

I am looking forward to the reboot, but my expectations are low. Hope it's good.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 09:53 PM)
That's about where it fell apart. After Laura's killer is revealed, it just wasn't that good.

I stopped watching shortly after that. It became unwatchable.

Switching gears, that silent film scene in Legion this week was one of the coolest scenes I've ever watched on television.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
Legion is f***ing incredible. Episode 7 is one of my favorite hours of television I've ever seen, I have no idea how they're making this show, it's unlike anything else that's been made.

I like that this season is only 8 eps. Every episode is dense with so much going on with no duds mixed in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 26, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
I like that this season is only 8 eps. Every episode is dense with so much going on with no duds mixed in.

8 tight, great episodes are infinitely better than 12-15 with filler thrown in to get to that number. Luckily I think this will be the trend going forward. The only episode that could be construed as a dud is #6 but after #7 it works as a lead-in building to the climax that is #7. Also, it's a travesty that Jemaine Clement isn't in literally everything.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)
8 tight, great episodes are infinitely better than 12-15 with filler thrown in to get to that number. Luckily I think this will be the trend going forward. The only episode that could be construed as a dud is #6 but after #7 it works as a lead-in building to the climax that is #7. Also, it's a travesty that Jemaine Clement isn't in literally everything.

Hopefully you waited out the end credits of the finale.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Hopefully you waited out the end credits of the finale.

Of course I did, the f*** was that? Bizarre that they'd save it for post credits. Beyond that, f***ing hell that was a great finale. Season 2 should be insane. JEMAINE. Full disclosure: I've seen every episode of Flight of the Conchords multiple times, the Bowie episode more times than I can count, so yeah, cool twist.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
Of course I did, the f*** was that? Bizarre that they'd save it for post credits. Beyond that, f***ing hell that was a great finale. Season 2 should be insane. JEMAINE. Full disclosure: I've seen every episode of Flight of the Conchords multiple times, the Bowie episode more times than I can count, so yeah, cool twist.

Haha, same here. Loved FOTC. That last scene reminded me of one of those old Superman movies where those 3 villains were trapped in that mirror.

Looking forward to season 2. At least we have Hawley's Fargo starting up again soon.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Finished Twin Peaks. That finale was bat s*** crazy, but was happy Lynch came back for it, it felt like Season 1 Twin Peaks.

That last half of Season 2 ALL OVER THE PLACE. Some really bad episodes, and still so many unanswered questions.

Overall, it was a good experience, and I'm excited for May.

Still need to watch Fire Walk With Me.

If you enjoyed Twin Peaks you should watch Legion.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Is there any doubt Noah Hawley is the best showrunner on television? Between him and Vince Gilligan, but Legion is just so much different than Fargo while BCS is a spinoff of BB

He's not really a showrunner but Michael Schur is right there with him, dude's batting average is 1.000 for comedy which is basically impossible. Plus FJM.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 02:27 AM)
Roiland would do that...

I wasn't home for most of the day and saw that on Reddit and was convinced it was fake. Then the new episode popped up on my Plex server.

Just watched it, that was somehow even better than I expected. How the hell did they fit so much into 23 minutes? Dan Harmon is insane.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Just watched it, that was somehow even better than I expected. How the hell did they fit so much into 23 minutes? Dan Harmon is insane.

Seriously, the first time I watched it, it was about halfway through. That still felt like a full episode.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
Sad that Grimm ended. Wife & I always enjoyed it. Walking Dead was really entertaining too. I didn't see that twist coming.

Going to miss Grimm as well.

Lost Bones and Grimm in the last week, so looks like next year Ill be looking for some new shows.

I had been undecided when it comes to Pete Holmes "Crashing". It wasn't great...it wasn't terrible. I will give it some credit as i really enjoyed the last couple of episodes.....hopefully the season ender next week will leave me looking forward to it's return....