2017 Democratic Thread

bmags

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
"what's the big deal about child molestation?"

Family Values Evangelicals are going to stick behind Moore just like they stuck behind Trump

This guy is doubling down hard

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-...article/2640217

“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

After interviews with more than 30 people, the Washington Post reported Thursday that Moore engaged in sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32 years old and a powerful attorney in a small Alabama town.

The young girl, Leigh Corfman, said Moore touched her over her bra and underpants, guiding her hand to his shorts. “I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she recalled. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

100% chance this guy's a kid-toucher

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3574048:date=Nov 9, 2017 -> 02:05 PM:name=StrangeSox)-->
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
<!--quotec-->"what's the big deal about child molestation?"

Family Values Evangelicals are going to stick behind Moore just like they stuck behind Trump

This guy is doubling down hard

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-...article/2640217

100% chance this guy's a kid-toucher

He's definitely not helping kill the stereotype of a person from that state.

"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."

Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote for him."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928734837887954950

More Hall: “The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

Edited by StrangeSox

The fundamentalist bigotted kid-touching asshole's opponent is Doug Jones, the guy who successfully prosecuted the men who blew up a black church in Alabama in 1963, killing 4 girls. They had escaped justice for decades.

An Alabama Senate race conjures the awful 1963 church bombing that killed 4 black girls

So your choices are that guy, or the guy who molests children and got thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court twice for being an unlawful bigot.

more from Daniel Dale

Alabama Mobile County GOP chairman John Skipper: "It does not really surprise me. I think it is a typical Democratic - Democrat - ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual."

"These allegations that surfaced today - to my knowledge, they're all bunk. No credibility whatsoever," Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.

Alabama GOP coming out strong in defense of child-targeting sex predator.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Wow, what a disgusting party.

@TheRickWilson

Follow

A meaningful % of my party are insisting nothing is real in a carefully research story with four on the record statements from victims.

In related news, a meaningful % of my party believed Hillary Clinton was part of a child cannibalism and sex ring in a pizza restaurant.

via

And you just know the likes of Bannon and friends are patiently waiting for a slew of celebrities to come to the defense of those underage girls from the Moore allegations so that a new front on the “Hollywood is a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah” can be opened up in the ongoing culture wars...

If Kevin Spacey was dumb enough to draw a parallel with his actions, that would keep Fox News and GOP fundraisers busy for months!!! The Trumps sell out to China after two days of non-stop flattery...Church shooting by deranged white guy. Who cares? As long as we follow the Ten Commandments like Judge Moore does and don’t actually hold our leaders accountable for hypocrisy, we’ll be okay because NFL ratings are way down and Papa John is our new billionaire “up by the bootstraps” hero. Winning bigly.

Edited by caulfield12

Rather than taking his defenders' "what's wrong with groping a 14 year old" line of defense, Moore has categorically denied the claims. He says he's going to sue WaPo for defamation, implicitly calling the four women on the record and the 30+ sources for the story all liars.

(he won't, just like Trump never actually sued the NYT but the WH still maintains that the dozen women who have accused Trump of sexual assault are liars)

Roy Moore is also fundraising off this story.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
...but the WH still maintains that the dozen women who have accused Trump of sexual assault are liars)

So what actually happened with all of that? I honestly did not follow closely enough. How did this all get dismissed so easily/quicky?

They're all old allegations past the statute of limitations and Trump has discovered that if you have no shame, you won't be held accountable. He did win the Presidency after bragging about getting away with sexually assaulting women because he's rich and famous, after all.

There were some follow-up stories with them post-Weinstein

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oc...arvey-weinstein

Edited by StrangeSox

more from Dale

If these allegations against Moore were true, Mitch McConnell's anti-Moore allies would have obviously found them and released them during the primary, Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.

Alabama Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me Democrats convinced these women to tell a fake story to damage Moore.

I told him the 14-year-old became a Trump voter.

"That's the typical background or profile of somebody they would be using for that," he said.

"If they said she was a Hillary supporter, then she'd be more dismissed by the local voters here in the state of Alabama. You'd have to paint her as a Trump supporter to be of any credibility," Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker says.

Hannity is also defending Moore, saying it's "just a he said, she said" thing

"Yeah!" Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me he'd consider voting Moore even if hard proof of sexual abuse emerged.

"There is NO option to support to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party."

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 06:38 PM)
They're all old allegations past the statute of limitations and Trump has discovered that if you have no shame, you won't be held accountable. He did win the Presidency after bragging about getting away with sexually assaulting women because he's rich and famous, after all.

There were some follow-up stories with them post-Weinstein

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oc...arvey-weinstein

He is facing one lawsuit that has brought out subpoenas, but given that he's got the legal staff of a billionaire and of the Republican party that will be tied up in the courts for years even if they can prove every ounce of the case. That lawsuit was filed back during the campaign. (I wonder why more women didn't come forwards to spend 5 years litigating the case sooner).

I expected weak denials of the Moore story, but I didn't expect the "well, actually" about the age of consent laws in Alabama in the 70's it outright defense of his actions.

A child predator bigot is better than the guy who locked up the KKK for murdering children simply because Moore is a Republican. Sickening.

Interesting that one male accuses Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct and we all take him at his word and Spacey is quickly dismantled and destroyed

Four women accuse and corroborate Moore of sexual misconduct/predator behavior and the GOP circles the wagons and goes off the reservation with some truly disgusting takes in order to shame and discredit them

Thirty sources, uncovered while reporting on a different story. It's not like they came out with accusations or wapo went hunting. I'm guessing the Alabama GOP had known for years and that's why they're all rushing out with their disgusting defenses of him.

Greg, your boy hannity is on TV defending sexual contact with a 14 year old that Moore picked up outside her custody hearing as "consenual." Oh and his guest is claiming that the vast, vast majority of women who claim sexual assault or harassment are lying.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 09:20 PM)
I expected weak denials of the Moore story, but I didn't expect the "well, actually" about the age of consent laws in Alabama in the 70's it outright defense of his actions.

A child predator bigot is better than the guy who locked up the KKK for murdering children simply because Moore is a Republican. Sickening.

Don't forget lawbreaker

Alabama State Rep: Legal action should be taken based on the WaPo allegations.

(against the accusers)

The entire Alabama GOP coming out strongly in defense of kid touching is horrifying. Romney and McCain (and sorta Portman) are the only ones who have made unequivocal denunciations of Moore that I've seen. The rest have said weasel-word "if proven true" statements, knowing full well there isn't going to be a criminal case where the allegations get "proven" in court or something. Multiple, independent allegations with 30+ sources is about as good as you can get.