2017 Democratic Thread

bmags

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 06:33 PM)
Dude, it's XMas season. Only reason I'm on is procrastinating from grading.

GOP "friends"

I did notice Brett showed up recently.

In China, we have one extra day for Christmas and one for New Year's, then a long three week holiday for Spring Festival/Chinese New Year's (this year, Feb 3 - 25)...our End of Semester exams are the week of January 22nd, so you can imagine how long a run that is to sustain classes from August 20th - Jan. 20th with only one week off at the beginning of October.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alabam...4b01bdd7659f2ce

I am hearing rumors that black voters from MS were encouraged to cross over into AL and vote. Anyone else hearing this? Anything to it? That might explain the 30% turnout higher than population percentage. Just reporting the rumor.

This guy got completely destroyed over the span of 16 tweets, good stuff...

Take it from voters, Democrats don't want a Bernie Sanders or a blue Donald Trump

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017...671001/?ref=yfp

Edited by caulfield12

This American Life recently re-aired an episode from 1997 about Harold Washington. He died around Thanksgiving 30 years ago. I found it interesting, I was in grade school then and I remember some stuff about that time, but at that age you don't really understand what is going on.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-arch...isode/84/harold

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
A Democratic winner in Virginia says it’s time for bipartisanship

You just won a sweeping election and this is how you act. Smdh.

Aside from the part about how people need to have their "skin in the game" on Healthcare (after all, no one cares about their own health unless it costs them money?) I don't find this that disagreeable. The fact that you won one election shouldn't be a pass to try to systematically dismantle the other side's votes, and it's disappointing that we've just gotten used to that being the case.

Unilateral disarmament is a bad idea. Why operate under any sort of belief that any decorum or return to "norms" from Democratic government will be honored and respected once Republicans regain power at some point in the future? What about the last year has said "yes, we should continue to rely on norms and 'playing nice' rather than hard-coding everything worthwhile into law?"

Democrats just want to hug it out and "work together" with a party that has gone off the deep end. While Republicans just want to crush the other side.

It's funny how Democrats always want to comprise with the right, but never the left. In this case working together with Republicans means having less people have healthcare and the work for medicaid is bulls*** and working with Republicans to push that is disgraceful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-...-121339858.html

Donald Trump, Jr. BEING himself.

That Obama cookie looks more like a cross between Abraham Lincoln and LeBron James, with ears that suggest some type of primate thrown in for good measure. Not disrespectful at all...

And what's wrong with Jr.'s teeth? Is he wearing one of those teeth whitening strips?

Edited by caulfield12

Top Republicans are already talking about cutting Medicare and Social Security next

The idea of cutting popular programs in an election year has vulnerable Republicans asking, why not infrastructure?

Gotta pay for those billionaire tax cuts somehow, might as well do it with brutal cuts to programs that will drastically negatively impact the elderly and children.

Glad to see them standing up for my small business owning, cancer surviving father who is close to retirement.

Since Vicky Hartzler and Roy Blunt won the last election I got to vote for Congress, I feel like I should tell at them even though I don't live in Missouri anymore.

Wow

Jordan Pascale‏Verified account

@JWPascale

Follow Follow @JWPascale

More

BREAKING: Democrat Shelly Simonds appears to win Virginia House seat by A SINGLE VOTE, according to preliminary unofficial recount results.

Would mean 50-50 split of House.

Judge panel must certify results. Legal challenge probably coming.

It is 11,608 to 11,607

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
Wow

Jordan Pascale‏Verified account

@JWPascale

Follow Follow @JWPascale

More

BREAKING: Democrat Shelly Simonds appears to win Virginia House seat by A SINGLE VOTE, according to preliminary unofficial recount results.

Would mean 50-50 split of House.

Judge panel must certify results. Legal challenge probably coming.

It is 11,608 to 11,607

Hot damn.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
That is crazy. Probably a couple of people who are like "s***, should of voted".

Like when Nixon became President of Earth.

I would be shocked if Hillary ran again. I have no interest in backing her as a candidate after it was clear her baggage at least helped Trump become the President. Here's the folks I think will make a legitimate run:

Joe Biden

Kamala Harris

Kirsten Gillibrand

Bernie Sanders

I'd be happy to support any of the first three, most excited about Biden. Bernie will be 79 years old at the next election, so I sure as hell hope he doesn't run. I also don't want the party divided which of course his candidacy would bring.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:04 AM)
I would be shocked if Hillary ran again. I have no interest in backing her as a candidate after it was clear her baggage at least helped Trump become the President. Here's the folks I think will make a legitimate run:

Joe Biden

Kamala Harris

Kirsten Gillibrand

Bernie Sanders

I'd be happy to support any of the first three, most excited about Biden. Bernie will be 79 years old at the next election, so I sure as hell hope he doesn't run. I also don't want the party divided which of course his candidacy would bring.

Biden will be 77-78 in the next election, I wish there was a good younger candidate 😐

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:09 AM)
Joe Biden is one year younger than Bernie Sanders.

I think people like Joe Biden, but don't really know his voting history or his stance on most issues. They just like him because he is laid back and goofy.

Not sure if that's a veiled comment directed towards me. I'm aware of his voting history and his developing stances on issues.