Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
Trying to come up with a decent MLB comp for Austin Meadows if he develops the way he should...curious to see what you all think.

Solve:

Austin Meadows >/= Adam Eaton?

Austin Meadows >/= Grady Sizemore?

Any other ideas?

We merge him with Adam Engel and get Mike Trout.

http://piratesbreakdown.com/2016/03/03/pit...ext-mike-trout/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
Hahaha nice

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/01/mlb-insid...uintana-trades/

Breakdown of suggested deals

Astros = Martes + Tucker + Paulino

Pirates = Bell + Keller + Newman/Tucker

Yankees = Mateo + Judge + Rutherford + Tate

Rockies = Dahl + Rodgers

Thoughts guys? I know sports mockery is usually trash, but this is from a former GM

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)

Rockies = Dahl + Rodgers

Thoughts guys? I know sports mockery is usually trash, but this is from a former GM

I don't have down the 'Stros and Rockies names as well yet, but for me both the Pirates and Yankees deals are light and I would probably hold Q in the case of both of those.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:17 PM)

Rockies = Dahl + Rodgers

1. Rockies

2. Astros

3. Pirates

4. Yankees

I've been promoting a Yankees trade the last couple pages and Mateo/Rutherford are a nice combo to take the place of Torres or Frazier, but a better 3rd piece is needed like Sheffield/Kaprielian/Acevedo and I don't want to touch Judge quite frankly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)
I don't have down the 'Stros and Rockies names as well yet, but for me both the Pirates and Yankees deals are light and I would probably hold Q in the case of both of those.

On pure upside the Rockies proposal would be very strong

David Dahl is a very good OF prospect

2015 Scouting grades for Dahl

Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 60 | Arm: 55 | Field: 60 | Overall: 55

Rodgers is a top 10 prospect

I doubt the Rockies would offer up both Dahl and Rodgers. If they do Sox should accept.

I'm no scout, and I have seen almost nothing on the guy other than 1 video... but by stats alone... if the Rockies are giving up Brendan Rodgers + one other, you take it.

The other day I stated that I wanted Meadows + 2. But I'm willing to budge on this if everyone in the organization/league figures that Meadows (or Rodgers) are sure players.

Meadows + 1 (Bell?)

or

Rodgers + 1 (no idea)

Edited by Mattchoo

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)

Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 60 | Arm: 55 | Field: 60 | Overall: 55

I doubt the Rockies would offer up both Dahl and Rodgers. If they do Sox should accept.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm no scout, and I have seen almost nothing on the guy other than 1 video... but by stats alone... if the Rockies are giving up Brendan Rodgers + one other, you take it.

The other day I stated that I wanted Meadows + 2. But I'm willing to budget on this if everyone in the organization/league figures that Meadows (or Rodgers) are sure players.

Meadows + 1 (Bell?)

or

Rogers + 1 (no idea)

I still want meadows + 2 pieces, but those 2 pieces don't have to be Bell (who remains an ideal fit for Pittsburgh's needs) or Glasnow.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)

The other day I stated that I wanted Meadows + 2. But I'm willing to budget on this if everyone in the organization/league figures that Meadows (or Rodgers) are sure players.

Meadows + 1 (Bell?)

or

Rogers + 1 (no idea)

Pretty sure the Sox are looking for at least three players in a trade. Although if Bridich calls up Hahn and offers "Rodgers + Dahl for Quintana" I would pack Q's bag and drive him to the airport

Rockies fans would be pretty furious. No mlb team could be a Dahl/Rodgers offer unless teams opened up the whole farm for the sox

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)

Dahl had an .859 OPS is 222 MLB at bats last year. The Rockies are not moving him, and they certainly aren't moving him + Rodgers. But if that offer ever somehow made it to the table, the Sox should take it and run.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
Pretty sure the Sox are looking for at least three players in a trade. Although if Bridich calls up Hahn and offers "Rodgers + Dahl for Quintana" I would pack Q's bag and drive him to the airport

Rockies fans would be pretty furious. No mlb team could be a Dahl/Rodgers offer unless teams opened up the whole farm for the sox

If Rockies offered that up, I wouldn't even ask for a third piece in case they change their mind.

Rockies = Dahl + Rodgers

Dahl + Rodgers may be my choice of all those, honestly. If we could get Murphy in there too, I'd be super stoked. But that'd be a great trade for the Sox.

Edited by ChiSox59

Rockies = Dahl + Rodgers

I've said from the beginning that Dahl + Rodgers would be amazing. The Rockies are way too unpredictable to gauge, but if they sign someone like Trumbo and the Sox include Robertson or Jones in the deal, this scenario isn't that far-fetched.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
I've said from the beginning that Dahl + Rodgers would be amazing. The Rockies are way too unpredictable to gauge, but if they sign someone like Trumbo and the Sox include Robertson or Jones in the deal, this scenario isn't that far-fetched.

Ehhh. Robertson, maybe. I don't like a Q/Jones for Dahl/Rodgers deal. For just Q, I could maybe do just the two.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
Ehhh. Robertson, maybe. I don't like a Q/Jones for Dahl/Rodgers deal. For just Q, I could maybe do just the two.

Yeah, the Rockies would have to include more for Jones. But they have the depth and interesting names to do it.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
Yeah, the Rockies would have to include more for Jones. But they have the depth and interesting names to do it.

Dahl/Rodgers does not get Quintana and Jones

Jones alone has solid value

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:15 PM)
Dahl/Rodgers does not get Quintana and Jones

Jones alone has solid value

I know we are all dying for a tweet or new rumor

But to tide us over take a look at Fansided's toip 125 2017 mlb prospects...

http://calltothepen.com/?s=top+125+prospects

They really like the White Sox, with Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Kopech, Collins, Burdi, Hansen and Fulmer all in the top 125

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
1. Rockies

2. Astros

3. Pirates

4. Yankees

I've been promoting a Yankees trade the last couple pages and Mateo/Rutherford are a nice combo to take the place of Torres or Frazier, but a better 3rd piece is needed like Sheffield/Kaprielian/Acevedo and I don't want to touch Judge quite frankly.

I'd go with

1) Rockies

2) Yanks

Pitt and Houston packages are lite for my taste.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 13, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
I know we are all dying for a tweet or new rumor

But to tide us over take a look at Fansided's toip 125 2017 mlb prospects...

http://calltothepen.com/?s=top+125+prospects

They really like the White Sox, with Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Kopech, Collins, Burdi, Hansen and Fulmer all in the top 125

Too bad they don't have it in a better format than that awful slideshow garbage.