President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
You mean those fake news sites who predicted that Hillary would win and Democrats would keep the Senate and maybe take the House?

2 years is a long time, a lot of red states have a lot of people who use Obamacare, ever seen how people react when you take something away from them?

Maybe Republicans gain, maybe they dont. But the fear is already creeping in, and its only been a month.

Trump did something Hillary couldnt, he mobilized the left in a way that I have never seen in my life. He basically turned Twitter into a political weapon and now the left is using that weapon against him and his party. The people with the huge Twitter followers are generally liberal. Another case of, unintended consequences.

There is no mobilization. It's the same folks that just got done voting. The fear that you think is there is the last hope of the liberals.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
Brett. This is from an article on The Hill. The Supreme Court would probably slow play this, Gorsuch or not.

"It is impossible to predict what the Supreme Court will do, but in recent, controversial matters, the court has proceeded slowly. It was more than six years after the establishment of the Guantanamo Bay detention camps that the Supreme Court ruled on the habeas corpus rights of persons detained there."

Changes not my opinion or the opinion of conservative pundits that this will happen and sooner not later.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
Why are 60 votes needed for repeal and replace? why not just a simple majority?

I can't tell if you actually don't know about the procedural filibuster (which is admittedly not as widely known as it should be), or you're trying to make some sort of point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)
I can't tell if you actually don't know about the procedural filibuster (which is admittedly not as widely known as it should be), or you're trying to make some sort of point.

Enlighten if you would

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)
Not sure what you are trying to say here on the second part. Missing some words I think.

As for the first part, I literally did not. I told you where the idea originated. Not that if the dems think it's good we should do it.

I know you don't understand, because you clearly have no grasp of the American Constitution.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
There is no mobilization. It's the same folks that just got done voting. The fear that you think is there is the last hope of the liberals.

Nah, time is on liberals side. Every year America becomes more diverse, less white. Look at the numbers, Trump did horrific with non-whites.

This is your last stand, your battle of the bulge. Yes there was a setback, but liberals will still win the day eventually.

http://college.usatoday.com/2016/11/09/how...al-orientation/

Those graphs have to be terrifying to you, unless you think "whites no degree" are the future of the USA?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
Nah, time is on liberals side. Every year America becomes more diverse, less white. Look at the numbers, Trump did horrific with non-whites.

This is your last stand, your battle of the bulge. Yes there was a setback, but liberals will still win the day eventually.

Those graphs have to be terrifying to you, unless you think "whites no degree" are the future of the USA?

Sorry. Wrong. Trumpism will dominate America for 1000 years!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
Sorry. Wrong. Trumpism will dominate America for 1000 years!

There probably is some conspiracy out there where you make public schools bad by appointing Devos and then you make college extremely expensive, so that most americans cant go to college and thus Trump reigns forever!

EASY D EASY D

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 07:20 PM)

Once we completely wall off the country, deport all the brown people, and Betsy DeVos gets rolling, "whites no degree" will be the future.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:42 PM)
I know you don't understand, because you clearly have no grasp of the American Constitution.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and re-read what you wrote. It's improper English still and I shouldn't be surprised that no one else called you out on it. Please re-read and then rephrase so I can understand your point. Or don't - I guess I am good either way.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)

I don't care an iota about race outside of the one we all are a part of...the human race.

Yes, liberals over the past 8 years have been making gains in the highest positions in government. Oh wait. That's the opposite of what has been happening.

https://www.google.com/#q=gains+made+by+reb...ns+last+8+years

I don't know if this is the last chance for Liberals for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't be shocked however.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
So are there different kinds of cloture since it was used extensively over the past few weeks and I am guessing there was not 60 votes for it.

Found out the differences.

I highly doubt that the Dems are going to continue to be obstructionists. I know they are beyond what the Republicans have done in recent past but to go full on obstruction for two years, you mind as well give the Conservatives a super majority in each house now and end the charade.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
I know they are beyond what the Republicans have done in recent past

lol forever at this level of delusion

e: brett, honeslty, can you list what you the the Democrats have done in the past 3 weeks that you consider obstructionism? Can you list what you think the Republicans have done in the last several years, and explain how your Dem list is "beyond" the Rep list?

Edited by StrangeSox